Christmas cookie recipes??

Having more fun making more cookies this weekend!
DSC09552.jpg

We did something a little different with our sugar cookies this year. Don't they look cute!
DSC09556.jpg

Kamden loves making cookies...
DSC09573.jpg

and eatting them!
DSC09564.jpg

What GREAT pictures! Those cookies are SO cute..do you mind if I borrow that idea?? I think these pictures made a wonderful addition to the thread!!

What GREAT pictures! Those cookies are SO cute..do you mind if I borrow that idea?? I think these pictures made a wonderful addition to the thread!!

I don't mind we got the idea from a magazine, but be warned it was a little stress full... You have to get the antlers in ASAP after you take them out of the oven so they are secure when the cookie cools! We found 12 cookies per sheet was about the right amount. My mom did the antlers and I did the noses and eyes. Good luck!

I don't mind we got the idea from a magazine, but be warned it was a little stress full... You have to get the antlers in ASAP after you take them out of the oven so they are secure when the cookie cools! We found 12 cookies per sheet was about the right amount. My mom did the antlers and I did the noses and eyes. Good luck!

Did you have any special way of breaking up the pretzels so they looked good as antlers?

Did you have any special way of breaking up the pretzels so they looked good as antlers?

Funny you should ask... We actually used sharp prunning shear thing to score them. My mom thought we could just break them, but that wasn't working out very well.

We just kind of cracked them with the sheers where we wanted them to break (2 spots) and then the third place we cut the piece usually broke off. It took a while to get the hang of it. We had a lot of broken pretzel pieces to eat... ;)

If you are asking about specific locations for the breaks, I would have to get a pretzel in front of me to explain it. By the end I had the spots figured out, but I couldn't explain it without a diagram... I am a visual explainer/learner...

Just in case you are a visual learner also... ;)
The first three scores are marked in red and then the green indicates the final breaks. :thumbsup2

bkrn101l.jpg

Enjoy!

Just in case you are a visual learner also... ;)
The first three scores are marked in red and then the green indicates the final breaks. :thumbsup2

bkrn101l.jpg

Enjoy!

:lmao: Your so funny!! Where in the world did you find such a picture!
I hope its a bit easier to do then it looks and sounds! I will give it a try! Thanks!!

:lmao: Your so funny!! Where in the world did you find such a picture!
I hope its a bit easier to do then it looks and sounds! I will give it a try! Thanks!!

:rotfl: I found it on the "internets" of course! :surfweb:

It is easy to do, just not explain, and I tend to over explain things once in a while... Don't ever ask me for driving directions! :confused:

Have fun making your cookies!

Hershey's Jolly Peanut Butter Gingerbread Cookies:

Ingredients:

* 1-2/3 cups (10-oz. pkg.) REESE'S Peanut Butter Chips
* 3/4 cup (1-1/2 sticks) butter or margarine, softened
* 1 cup packed light brown sugar
* 1 cup dark corn syrup
* 2 eggs
* 5 cups all-purpose flour
* 1 teaspoon baking soda
* 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
* 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
* 1/4 teaspoon salt

Directions:

1. Place peanut butter chips in small microwave-safe bowl. Microwave at HIGH (100%) 1 to 2 minutes or until chips are melted when stirred.

2. Beat melted peanut butter chips and butter in large bowl until well blended. Add brown sugar, corn syrup and eggs; beat until fluffy. Stir together flour, baking soda, cinnamon, ginger and salt. Add half of flour mixture to butter mixture; beat on low speed of mixer until smooth. With wooden spoon, stir in remaining flour mixture until well blended. Divide into thirds; wrap each in plastic wrap. Refrigerate until dough is firm enough to roll, at least 1 hour.

3. Heat oven to 325°F. On lightly floured surface, roll 1 dough portion at a time to 1/8-inch thickness; with floured cookie cutters, cut into holiday shapes. Place on ungreased cookie sheet.

4. Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until set and lightly browned. Cool slightly; remove from cookie sheet to wire rack. Cool completely. Frost and decorate as desired. About 6 dozen cookies.

Having more fun making more cookies this weekend!
DSC09552.jpg

We did something a little different with our sugar cookies this year. Don't they look cute!
DSC09556.jpg

I loved the idea so much we decided to try them! My antlers aren't nearly as nice looking as yours esp. since I lost patience with cutting mini pretzels but here is the result...

s1030181fg3.jpg

What do you think????

I loved the idea so much we decided to try them! My antlers aren't nearly as nice looking as yours esp. since I lost patience with cutting mini pretzels but here is the result...

s1030181fg3.jpg

What do you think????

Very cute! Everybody will love them! I have gotten many comments on my cookies trays this year.

Thanks for posting the picture.

Staci, your plate of cookies look so good!! I am about to try those pretzel, rollo and pecan ones. Yes, I know it's Christmas eve but I figure they won't take long to make. I have just taken my two apple pies out of the oven and about to put my cranberry bread in. Then I will be DONE baking.

I hope everyone has a very Joyous Christmas!!

Is it time to make cookies yet? :santa:

The weather is starting to get a little cooler here. You can smell fall in the air!

Being that we will be at WDW in December I will be abking my cookies early. I will send some of my favorites later this week.

This is a favorite one in our family and very easy to make. It has been handed down from generation to generation.

Ice Box Cookies

Mix in order:
2 cups sugar - 1 cup white & 1 cup brown
1 cup Crisco
3 eggs
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
4 cups flour

After all is mixed, roll into logs & wrap in wax paper. Place in refrigerator or freezer until cold. Slice & bake at 400 for 10 minutes.

This makes several dozen of cookies. Sometimes I will only bake 1 roll & save the rest & bake it later. The dough can be kept frozen for about 3 months.
They aren't fancy but they are delicious.

Great thread! I'm looking forward to baking for the holidays as well :goodvibes Please keep those delicious recipes coming!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter