CHRISTMAS at DISNEY-any special events or restaurants?

meme51

I LOVE PIGLET!
I've been to Disney World before, but never at Christmas. I would love ideas of what to see, good places to eat on Christmas, or any tips for planning my schedule! Thanks!

We did Mickey's Christmas party and had dinner at Crystal Palace that night also. Liberty Tree Tavern may have a holiday dinner? I really want to do Epcot's Candlelight Processional next time, have heard it's awesome.

Disney at Christmas....DH's (and mine) favorite time to go! the Osbourne Family lights at Hollywood studios are amazing...don't miss the Candlelight Processional at Epcot (BUY THE DINNER PACKAGE!!) It's not worth waiting in line for 10 hours and HOPE you get a seat, The tree lighting ceremony at Epcot is fun, Mickey's Very Merry Christmas party is awesome! Let's see, what else?? Plan a day to check out the Boardwalk, Beach and Yacht Club, Contemporary and the Grand Floridian to see all of the amazing food displays. All of the countries in Epcot are done up for that particular country's way of celebrating the holidays! You almost need 8-10 days if you go in December to really take advantage of everything and even then, you may miss a few things!

We did Mickey's Christmas party and had dinner at Crystal Palace that night also. Liberty Tree Tavern may have a holiday dinner? I really want to do Epcot's Candlelight Processional next time, have heard it's awesome.

I've heard about the candlelight processional and I really want to do that. I've also heard Liberty Tree Tavern has a nice traditional style menu, but I've also heard how packed MK is on Christmas so I'm scared to go.

Disney at Christmas....DH's (and mine) favorite time to go! the Osbourne Family lights at Hollywood studios are amazing...don't miss the Candlelight Processional at Epcot (BUY THE DINNER PACKAGE!!) It's not worth waiting in line for 10 hours and HOPE you get a seat, The tree lighting ceremony at Epcot is fun, Mickey's Very Merry Christmas party is awesome! Let's see, what else?? Plan a day to check out the Boardwalk, Beach and Yacht Club, Contemporary and the Grand Floridian to see all of the amazing food displays. All of the countries in Epcot are done up for that particular country's way of celebrating the holidays! You almost need 8-10 days if you go in December to really take advantage of everything and even then, you may miss a few things!

I have heard that Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party has the new castle lights. I was wondering, is that the only way to see the castle lights is at the party, or do they light the castle up like that every night around Christmas??

They light up the castle every night, not just on party nights. Last year the ceremony was at 5:45 and lasted about 15 minutes with the lighting at 6 pm

They light up the castle every night, not just on party nights. Last year the ceremony was at 5:45 and lasted about 15 minutes with the lighting at 6 pm

Thank for letting me know!! The only reason I wanted to go to the Christmas party was to see the castle lights-now I don't have to.

I just read another thread about decorating the resort room-GREAT IDEA!! I don't know why I didn't think of that. If anyone has any other suggestions to make this a special Christmas for my family, please let me know. I have never been out of town for Christmas. Lived in the same town my whole life and always celebrated at home. I would appreciate any comments. I know it's still 10 months away, but I CAN"T WAIT!!!

Make sure you tour the resorts to see all the decorations - the huge gingerbread house at Grand Floridian is amazing. My DSIS and I saw the Candlelight processional at Epcot - don't miss it!! My suggestion though, we didn't go to the extra expense of the dinner for priority seating - we just waited until it was time looking around in the gift shops, then stood at the back behind the rope - saw the choir go in right by us, and we heard and saw everything perfectly, plus we were the first ones to leave it before the crowd poured out. The Osbourne lights are a must as well - we saw them three times and could have wandered around there for hours in amazement. All the trees at the parks and resorts are incredible, and make sure you do character greets, especially at AK in Camp Minnie Mickey - their holiday attire is so cute!
Enjoy, we loved it at Christmas time!

Make sure you tour the resorts to see all the decorations - the huge gingerbread house at Grand Floridian is amazing. My DSIS and I saw the Candlelight processional at Epcot - don't miss it!! My suggestion though, we didn't go to the extra expense of the dinner for priority seating - we just waited until it was time looking around in the gift shops, then stood at the back behind the rope - saw the choir go in right by us, and we heard and saw everything perfectly, plus we were the first ones to leave it before the crowd poured out. The Osbourne lights are a must as well - we saw them three times and could have wandered around there for hours in amazement. All the trees at the parks and resorts are incredible, and make sure you do character greets, especially at AK in Camp Minnie Mickey - their holiday attire is so cute!
Enjoy, we loved it at Christmas time!

Thanks for the advice!! I would never have thought about going to the other resorts, but that gingerbread house sounds great!!!

After reading other threads, I am realizing that it is going to be extremely crowded the week of Christmas. I would appreciate any suggestions on planning my week!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter