Christmas all year long!

:rotfl: Now, now...are you being mean to me? I did mention that I am dense at times.. :rolleyes1

Thanks for the info...at that price though..I would be better off shipping a fake one in a box to the resort. Which...I might do. I have seen a couple clearanced... but..then again, I don't know if I really want to go THAT far with it all.:rolleyes:

Me, Mean! Nah, just having a little fun.:lmao:

I agree, the price listed for a tree is way too much. I tried looking, but didn't get any results, guess you need to wait until closer to Christmas to see what a tree would cost. I can't imagine a small tree would cost $300. Maybe the price includes the cost of shipping it home if it's a live tree.

Due to not feeling well, I have spent way too much time on this today. Oh well, in the next week I won't have much time to spend on here so it will even out.

Anyway... I had to share my frustration... :headache: I went online to pay on both my reservation and on Kira's. I got as far as Kiras and I got a confirmation on the reservation...but no payment confirmation. I now have to wait to see if the payment went through. Then when I tried to make a payment on mine it gave me a message saying that my card could not be accessed. ????:headache: I had not even entered the card number... Who knows...now I wait.

Actually, I am gonna have to just call and speak to a cm. I hate doing that though since the wait can be horrible.

Thanks for letting me share my frustration. :goodvibes

:idea:
I'm willing to help, just send me your CC number, the name on the card, expiration date, and the 3 digit code on the back. I will try to book a Disney Vacation on it, and will let you know if it works or not.:rolleyes:

Wow! You are getting some awesome stuff & some awesome savings! It's saving you money planning a year in advanced getting the Christmas sales!
I love the Christmas plate.

Me, Mean! Nah, just having a little fun.:lmao:

:sad2: Thats fine...have fun at my expense... (trying to channel Eeorye) :rotfl2:

:idea:
I'm willing to help, just send me your CC number, the name on the card, expiration date, and the 3 digit code on the back. I will try to book a Disney Vacation on it, and will let you know if it works or not.:rolleyes:

:thumbsup2 Sounds like a heck of an idea. :rotfl: Actually...low and behold this morning I had an email with the confirmation of payment. :woohoo: I don't have to call! And...it is one less thing I have to worry about now regarding Kira's wedding.

Wow! You are getting some awesome stuff & some awesome savings! It's saving you money planning a year in advanced getting the Christmas sales!
I love the Christmas plate.

That is one reason I got on the planning so early. I figured I could find some stuff now while 2010 Christmas stuff is clearanced and tuck it away. Then when 2011 christmas stuff comes out after easter this year ;) I can start being on the look out for more stuff.

Ann, I love all the goodies you have picked up for Zoe. And the Santa cookie plate with the kissing Mickey & Minnie is absolutely adorable.

Ann, I love all the goodies you have picked up for Zoe. And the Santa cookie plate with the kissing Mickey & Minnie is absolutely adorable.

Thanks, I am thinking this year planning in advance thing can be a good thing. Disneystore.com has fleece pull overs and jackets on sale. I think a red one would be a great thing to get for next winter. Course, all this early planning might make everyone around me tired of Disney before we even go.

Which leads me to my dream last night.... I am aware of how much I drive my family nuts with my Disney obsession. I have agreed not to make us go commando in the parks... and to take it easy..a relaxed Disney trip if you will. Honestly, this is what I want too. I want to enjoy..but not stress about hitting every single attraction. That being said, I do want to have a game plan and I WILL make ADRS as soon as I can. In my dream though... I had tried not to push my family into going to the parks too much. It was half way through our vacation and we had not gone to the parks once..nor had we made any ADR's and we had not used any of our dp credits. I was distraught....and when I questioned my family...all I got was "you promised you wouldn't push" :faint: I woke so upset. I think I need counseling. :rotfl:

You don't need counseling! :goodvibes As crazy as this sounds, you are so on top of your trip planning, I now feel very behind and it's over 10 months away. :laughing:

Great ideas - and the tinkerbell shirt is awesome and you should wear it as everyone else has said as well.

I love the Christmas decorations! Did you go into a Disney store to hit the clearance or did you online shop?

You don't need counseling! :goodvibes As crazy as this sounds, you are so on top of your trip planning, I now feel very behind and it's over 10 months away. :laughing:

Great ideas - and the tinkerbell shirt is awesome and you should wear it as everyone else has said as well.

I love the Christmas decorations! Did you go into a Disney store to hit the clearance or did you online shop?

Thank you, but you shouldn't feel behind. It is over 10 months away....

As for the Christmas decorations...most I found at Walgreens of all places. I think I might have got a couple things at Target...but really...mostly at Walgreens.

Now I am off to check out your PTR! Yay!!!!

Thank you, but you shouldn't feel behind. It is over 10 months away....

As for the Christmas decorations...most I found at Walgreens of all places. I think I might have got a couple things at Target...but really...mostly at Walgreens.

Now I am off to check out your PTR! Yay!!!!

Thank you for joining my PTR! Walgreens! Wow! I'm headed there today - not because of the Disney stuff but the flu has hit my house and I'm picking up person #4's rx for tamiflu. :sick: I am the lone survivor! :woohoo:

But you can absolutely bet I'm going to check out any clearance xmas stuff while I'm there!! I'll let you know if I find anything. I will have to hide it though... trip is a surprise. And I catch myself almost forgetting that part!!

Thank you for joining my PTR! Walgreens! Wow! I'm headed there today - not because of the Disney stuff but the flu has hit my house and I'm picking up person #4's rx for tamiflu. :sick: I am the lone survivor! :woohoo:

But you can absolutely bet I'm going to check out any clearance xmas stuff while I'm there!! I'll let you know if I find anything. I will have to hide it though... trip is a surprise. And I catch myself almost forgetting that part!!

I hope your family start to feel better. It really sucks to be sick...especially when it drags on.

I haven't seen much at Walgreens for a while. I hope you have some luck though! :goodvibes

Super cool that your trip is a surprise! I got a red bin (I think I may decorate if I find the time at some point this year). Anyway, I put "special" items not to be seen yet in that bin. Maybe you could do something like that to hide anything you do find?

I hope your family start to feel better. It really sucks to be sick...especially when it drags on.

I haven't seen much at Walgreens for a while. I hope you have some luck though! :goodvibes

Super cool that your trip is a surprise! I got a red bin (I think I may decorate if I find the time at some point this year). Anyway, I put "special" items not to be seen yet in that bin. Maybe you could do something like that to hide anything you do find?

So - Walgreens was packed with everyone else in this town who is fighting the flu! :sick: So I didn't even go inside - hit the drive thru and may do some of this - :surfweb: - and see if I can come up with some items over the next several months. I do like the red bin idea to hide stuff. Wonder if DH would get sick of taking it out of and putting it back in the attic?? My almost 13 yo DD is a little bit snoopy sometimes... :rolleyes1

So - Walgreens was packed with everyone else in this town who is fighting the flu! :sick: So I didn't even go inside - hit the drive thru and may do some of this - :surfweb: - and see if I can come up with some items over the next several months. I do like the red bin idea to hide stuff. Wonder if DH would get sick of taking it out of and putting it back in the attic?? My almost 13 yo DD is a little bit snoopy sometimes... :rolleyes1

Oh yes, keeping things from prying eyes.... harder the older they get.

I think soon, there won't be much in the way of Christmas items on clearance. I think some places may still have some red bins.. however, soon...2011 stuff will come out. In all seriousness... probably only 8 months from now. Then you wouldn't have to have but a couple of months of your dh taking it down out of the attic. ;)

Oh...there was a sale online. Disneystore.com had red fleece pullovers and zippered jackets on sale. Those might be worth checking out... :goodvibes

I thought I would pass along a suggestion I saw on another thread. The thread was about the PhotoPass frames, or lack thereof for 2011, and I commented about the lack of 2010 merchandise in the gift shops. Someone suggested ordering the items online prior to taking the trip.
I wish someone had mentioned it to me before we went.

I thought I would pass along a suggestion I saw on another thread. The thread was about the PhotoPass frames, or lack thereof for 2011, and I commented about the lack of 2010 merchandise in the gift shops. Someone suggested ordering the items online prior to taking the trip.
I wish someone had mentioned it to me before we went.

That is an excellent idea! I had read on your TR that you experienced a bit of trouble finding 2010 items. Were there Christmas 2010 items?

And here I thought I would be slowing down my purchasing for this trip since the clearances were ending. I am gonna be checking out online much more now!

Thanks so much for the tip. :thumbsup2

That is an excellent idea! I had read on your TR that you experienced a bit of trouble finding 2010 items. Were there Christmas 2010 items?

And here I thought I would be slowing down my purchasing for this trip since the clearances were ending. I am gonna be checking out online much more now!

Thanks so much for the tip. :thumbsup2

We went into the Christmas Shop at DTD, and we got a 2010 ornament, but we weren't looking for alot of 2010 Christmas stuff. I even managed to get a photo album the last day we were there, it was the only one, and it was clearance priced half off, so that was cool. Before that I only saw the 2011 photo album which wouldn't work.

As Kira's disneymoon gets closer, I have been enjoying listening to her plans. This means watching video of the resort she is staying at as well as looking through pictures. It makes me wonder if we are going to like WL.

I know it is really pretty at Christmas. It is also a deluxe so I would think that some of the resort would be "nicer" such as the beds, right? I know when we stayed at YC, the beds were heavenly :cloud9: It just seems too much like what I see every day. (I kinda live in the mountains..well, not quite..more like foothills to the cascade mountain range...but still) Lodge theme... a lot of places look like that here. Even my bedroom is filled with moose and bear and trees. (yes, I have lodge themed bedroom)

However, I really liked POR. Well, the room itself was not my FAVORITE. (we stayed in AB section) The grounds are what I like. I also look at the Mansion section and think those rooms are really cool. Plus, I believe they are doing a refurb this year...and putting queen beds in. I also like the boat ride to DTD.

:confused3 I don't know..I probably am just being silly. WL is going to be beautiful at Christmas.

The other thing is we may be extending our dates. My in-laws have decided they may not go to FL in December. This would mean that we would not be going down to the gulf to spend Christmas with them. This gives us just a few options.

1. We still plan on spending Christmas down near Sarasota. We would leave WDW as planned on the 22nd and check into a new hotel or condo and stay through to the 26th or 27th.

2. We would leave WDW as planned on the 22nd and head home...spending Christmas at home. (which the point to this trip was to spend Christmas away)

3. We change our dates for our stay at WDW. I would be inclined to check in later and extend by only a couple nights. I hate to fly home on my birthday, but... it actually beats what I normally do on my birthday which is drive my kids all over to go shopping with their gift cards that everyone gave them for Christmas.

So there are my ramblings for the day. :goodvibes

Can't believe I didn't notice your PTR sooner! :lmao: Well I am here now and am all caught up and super excited to read all about your trip! WL is one of the resorts that I would LOVE to do one day! How exciting! Love all the planning so far. Are you doing the regular dining plan? Do you have a list of TS restaurants that you want to try?

I'm so excited too that I get to read your PTR for pretty much the rest of the year! After my sister's trip in March, I don't know when my next trip will be! So I will live vicariously through you :rotfl:

So is your moose & bear life size in your room?

I think you will have fun no matter which resort you choose.

I vote to spend Christmas in Disney! :santa:

Can't believe I didn't notice your PTR sooner! :lmao: Well I am here now and am all caught up and super excited to read all about your trip! WL is one of the resorts that I would LOVE to do one day! How exciting! Love all the planning so far. Are you doing the regular dining plan? Do you have a list of TS restaurants that you want to try?

I'm so excited too that I get to read your PTR for pretty much the rest of the year! After my sister's trip in March, I don't know when my next trip will be! So I will live vicariously through you :rotfl:

Yay!! Glad you are here. I will eventually get a list of restaurants I want to go to. Maybe I will work on that this weekend. Right now we are booked with regular dp. The will mean 7 ts credits. I am not sure that is going to be enough...so the thought has crossed my mind to go deluxe....but...maybe that would be too much food. Yes, I think a list is in order...then maybe everyone can help me weed through it. :rotfl: I only have like 5 months till I can make my ADRS....

So is your moose & bear life size in your room?

I think you will have fun no matter which resort you choose.

I vote to spend Christmas in Disney! :santa:

:rotfl:Life size...no. My walls are brown with a painted border. The border is a band of off white (with swirls of tan) Within that is trees, moose and bears. Nothing fancy... I also have things like a lamp that the shade has trees and a pine cone.. Hmmm... I should take a pic of the lamp...then you will see why WL reminds me of home. :rotfl: I will do that ...just not tonight.

I think I vote Christmas in Disney too... I just need to see about the cost. Room rates like double over Christmas.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter