Christmas all year long!

So a quick run down.. yes, I booked Zoe and I on SW. I moved our dates.

12/10 to 12/22

I am a bit sad we will not be there on Christmas, but I think the fact that Zach will just be getting home... I was torn. Now I don't need to be.

So I added one night at Pop and kept 11 nights at WL. Upgraded the view from Standard to Courtyard. Kept the 10 day tickets and dinning. Guess what.. came out to cost less. :woohoo: I feel pretty happy about all of this. Not only do I get to have our bags checked for free, but I got an extra night in there and a better view!! All for less.. just crazy. I will still have to purchase a return flight for us and book the guys. I am thinking I will book them once Steve is back from SC. That way I will know just how many points I have to buy to get them both a reward ticket. Cross your fingers that the flights are still there in a couple weeks. :scared: I am sure they will be. Then I will watch for the return flight for Zoe and I. I might book on SW again just so we can get those free bags. Oh.. and (I think it was) Tammie asked if the stops on SW..if we had to change planes. NOPE!! :woohoo:

You booked your flights! :rotfl2: Now you have to tell me how you found $99 airfare on SW because my flight prices went up on SW between $50-$85 since they were released last week. :confused3

You booked your flights! :rotfl2: Now you have to tell me how you found $99 airfare on SW because my flight prices went up on SW between $50-$85 since they were released last week. :confused3

HMMM.. that makes me wonder. I entered in my info.. and the system wouldn't let me book. I had to call. When I called. The rep asked me what price I was quoted online for that flight. I got the fare for what I told her... so?? :confused: maybe they were in the midst of going up??? I am actually feeling the best about this decision. I have been fretting for months...

YAY you booked flights!!! I am glad you got the $99 flights. we actually were contemplating flying for the first time with the kids, but it was way over $99 pp and with 7 people it was almost $3800, thats not gonna happen, we will just drive

Is it a hassle when you have a stop? Do you keep your boarding pass priority from the first leg? Is it worth it to pay the extra $10 to have priority boarding or is is just as good to check in at the 24 hour mark?

:rotfl: You said I could ask questions.
I think you got these all answered already, but no, it's no more of a hassle with a stop/plane change on SW than any other airline. And if your first flight is delayed, they often hold the connection. I see that happen more often on SW than other airlines. I do pay the extra $10 (each way) for "Early Bird Check-in". It's not priority boarding. They will check you in 24 hours early and you will have something between an A16 and A35 (usually). For me, it's worth it not to have to be near a computer exactly 24 hours ahead, and I usually get a lower (better) number.

But someone mentioned boarding with young kids. Check the SW policy on ages. If Zoe is young enough, you'll be able to board with her between the A and B groups, even if your number is B or C. With that being free, you won't need to pay the extra for Early-Bird. (I know you've already booked, but you can add EB later if you didn't select when you booked.)

You hand over your boarding pass each time you board a plane (so don't write anything important on it, or stick your baggage claim tickets to it). When you check in for your first flight, it checks you in for all legs. Your boarding letter/number will likely be different for the 2nd leg.

Most/all of the airports SW flies through are relatively small, so your connecting gate is likely to be very close to your first leg arrival gate. No worries there.

Thank you for the feedback. I am really starting to lean towards flying us on SW.. at least Zoe and I. So SW has no change fees... what exactly does that mean? What happens if we cancel? Can I change the ticket holder? Change dates? What happens if the airfare drops?
No change fees (JetBlue, for example, charges $150 per change or cancellation). If you decide to change the date or time of your flight, you get full credit back from the booked flight toward the new one. If your new flight costs less, you get the credit for a future flight (but keep up with the booking number. They don't make it available to you online, even if you log in with your Rapid Rewards account.) You cannot change the ticket holder (anymore - you could prior to 1/31/11 but they changed this).

Also, don't be in a rush to line up at the gate. You will have your spot at your letter/number. Many people get in a rush, just to stand there and wait. And don't worry about being a late A or even an early B. Plenty of seats on flights (as long as your city isn't a connection with a lot of through-passengers on the plane). And don't short-change sitting in the back. I like to sit behind the wing where I can look out the window. You're more likely not to have a full row (you and Zoe may not have a "neighbor"), and I don't worry about being the first person off the plane when I have checked luggage. I look at it this way - either you wait comfortably in your seat on the plane to get off, or you wait standing at baggage claim.

That's all I can think of right now. Let me know if you have more questions.

This was taken on our first WDW trip. I mentioned that this was in April of 2008. We did not stay on property so we did not have KTTW cards. Instead, we had little paper tickets. You know the kind, the ones with the little magnetic strip.

Well, Kira was 17 on this trip. She was always a very capable child and I have always relied on on her for many things. At this age, she finally had a travel purse and was willing to be our fast pass runner. So she was the one who kept our ticket in her purse. Well, it was a new purse and we were not fully aware of what the clasp was capable of doing.

Several times on this trip, we arrived at the park only to find that our tickets had been wiped clean. We didn't know what to make of it. It was very frustrating.

This picture was taken while Zoe and Alex waited for Kira and I to resolve our ticket issues (again) just after entering Epcot. I am not sure if this was the first incident or the last. What I can tell you is that we finally realized that it was Kira's clasp or rather the magnet on it that was causing the cards to be cleared. :confused3

196495_1007309470388_1454472788_2000637_5858_n.jpg

I think you got these all answered already,

Still... thank you for taking the time to answer everything more thoroughly. :goodvibes

YAY you booked flights!!! I am glad you got the $99 flights. we actually were contemplating flying for the first time with the kids, but it was way over $99 pp and with 7 people it was almost $3800, thats not gonna happen, we will just drive

I am so irritated by airfare right now. I can't believe how much it can cost. I was looking at how much our dates would cost on Alaska and adding the cost of bags... it would have been 2K for the 4 of us, and that is using 2 companion fares!!! I am going to make this flight with Southwest work... and who knows... maybe they will become my new favorite airline!

You went with Southwest for the great deal! :woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:
:goodvibes thanks... I think it was a good deal. I just didn't want to pass it up and regret it later. Now if only I could get enough points for the guys... and see a $99 return flight. I would be :cloud9:

You booked your flights??? :goodvibes

Yup, Yup... I am so relieved... excited...happy!!!:cloud9:

I love the pictures on facebook! They didn't take one of your family for you though? Those bridesmaid dresses were really nice and her dress was beautiful! I also like the one of your 2 girls smiling together! Finally you got a good flight! Very happy for you!

I love the pictures on facebook! They didn't take one of your family for you though? Those bridesmaid dresses were really nice and her dress was beautiful! I also like the one of your 2 girls smiling together! Finally you got a good flight! Very happy for you!

Thank you. This was just a sample of what the photographer took. She still needs to finish the editing. I am not sure there will be many (if any at all) pics with me in it because I was running around trying to restock soda pitchers... get ice...make sure everything was going well at the reception and trying to get everything (popcorn boxes, water bottles and decorations removed from the theater immediately following the ceremony). Alex did the sound for the wedding so was upstairs in the (hmmm not sure what it is called) movie projector room for the ceremony. I am sure there will be quite a few of the girls and a couple with Steve. As for other family members... sadly, only Steve's parents came (and they only briefly stopped in.... they drove 6 hours and where not even here for 24 before they left the reception early to get back on the road :sad2:)

As for the flight... Wahoo!!! :woohoo: it is a big relief to have things locked in.

donaldsafari.jpg

Most of this is super easy. Just remember I am looking for where specifically as well. (course there is a definite clue in the pic for that too)

Well, the character looks like Donald! :rotfl2:
And this is definitely the AK parade. I would have said entrance to the Safari, but I am not sure, something just doesn't look right.

Tina, I am not sure how your post came in before Karin? :confused: It is not near EE.

I think today goes to Karin. Even though it doesn't look right... it is near the entrance to the safari. :goodvibes

:dance3: :yay: :dance3: :yay: :dance3:

My first thought was Safari entrance, but something through me off! :rotfl2:

Sorry Tina! :hug:

Can't believe I was online at the right time today! :banana: :banana: :banana:

There really isn't much to say. I love AK and I love this parade. I am not sure why, but it is one of my favorites if not my exact favorite. I always have to coerce my traveling party to stop for it. In fact, I think each trip I could write the same story for a similar pic. It would go like this...

Everyone was (insert hot, cold depending on the weather) and just wanted to move on because they were tired. Normally, I push on with the group despite the fact I want to stop. For this though, I planted my foot down and didn't move. Because it was a spur of the moment stop, we didn't have a good spot lined up. In the end, we didn't stay put for the entire parade but for enough that I could snap some photos. :goodvibes

donaldsafari.jpg

A quick run down of what I hope to do...

12/9 - Girls Arrive MCO.
Girls meet Tankgirl and take DME to Pop
Girls Check into Pop
Guys Arrive MCO.
Guys take DME to Pop

12/10 -
Explore Pop
Guys Lunch at Raglan Road 1:45pm
Girls tea at GF 2:10pm
Explore DTD
Dinner @ Pop

12/11 -
Breakfast @ Pop
Explore Pop
Check out of Pop
Visit/Explore DTD
Girls to BBB
Guys to Characters in Flight
Lunch @ EoS
Check into WL
MVMCP
Dinner @ Casey's Corner

12/12 - MK
Breakfast @Main St. Bakery
Lunch @ Columbia Harbor House
Dinner @ Ohana 7:10pm
Visit/Explore Poly

12/13 - Epcot
Breakfast @ something from home
Lunch in Sunshine Seasons
Visit/Explore BC, BW and YC
Dinner @ Coral Reef 7:15pm

12/14 - DHS
Breakfast @ Roaring Fork
Lunch @ Starring Rolls
Dinner @ Wolfgang Puck E
Osbourne Family Lights

12/15 - AK - For Rope Drop
Breakfast @ Tusker House 8:00am
Lunch @ Safari Pretzel
Visit/Explore AKL
Dinner @ Sanaa6:30pm

12/16 - Epcot
Breakfast @ Roaring Fork
Lunch @ Le Cellier Cp package 2:00pm
Dinner somewhere in WS
Candlelight Processional
Illuminations

12/17 - MK
Breakfast @ Roaring Fork
Visit/Explore GF
Lunch @ Gasparilla Grill
Dinner @ The wave 6:30pm

12/18 - DHS - For Rope Drop
Breakfast @ Writer’s Stop
Lunch @ Mama Melrose Fdp 3:15pm
Fantasmic
Dinner @ Sci Fi 9:00pm

12/19 - MK - For Rope Drop
Breakfast @ Crystal Palace 8:05am
Visit/Explore CR
Lunch @ Contempo Cafe
Dinner @ Kona 7:00pm

12/20
- AK
Breakfast @ Kusafri Bakery
Lunch @ Restaurantosaurus
MJJP
Dinner @ Yak and Yeti 5:30pm

12/21
- Epcot
Breakfast @ Akershus 8:15am
Lunch @ somewhere in WS
Visit/Explore POR
Dinner @ Boatwrights 5:00pm

12/22 -
Breakfast @ Roaring Fork
Check out of WL
Lunch @ Pepper market
Explore CSR
Depart late afternoon. :sad1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter