Christmas all year long!

I love your DHS plans! I may have to copy them a bit! Even though I've subscribed to ridemax, saved the plans it gave me... yours seem even more organized. :goodvibes

Glad you got Zoe's foley out! Hopefully, it will all be good. :goodvibes

I think sometimes the plans do take some finagling. Changing a break time or the amount of time seems to help. Also, take note of how long "running" time is for each attraction. If you have an odd time in the day that you try and fill...make sure to do the math to see what you might successfully add. I have been working on 12/15 and I had to make so many changes before I came up with something I liked. I have that we won't run for fast passes and we will go at a slow pace. Well, sorry...but sometimes we can go fast and hustle to our next attraction. So here (and this is an actual complaint I have about ridemax) I had us taking a fairly leisurely morning but then it had us take free time right before waiting on a 2pm flights of wonder show. Now, we still may have to do that 2pm show...but I would prefer the 1pm show. I figure we can hustle over from the safari to the show. (we should get done with the safari by about 12:30) I don't know, maybe we won't get the best seat and that is why it wanted us to wait for the 2pm show. I just think that after the early start, I need to try and send us back to the resort even if it is only for an hour.

So the point to my rambling is tinker and tinker and tinker with your plan until you see something that you like. :goodvibes

:scared1::scared1::scared1::scared1: Have y''all seriously never done Art of Animation?

It's one of my DHS favorites! I love being able to see where it's all created,... but then again I wanted to be an animator lol!

I like the plans and just out of curiostiy--- how do you get so detailed? I want to, but I'm not sure that i know how to..... I keep trying and trying today!
I am planning the animation studio too, yeah the kids might not be able to do it but maybe they will surprise us and just have fun with it! I am going to try to get to starring rolls for a lunch... you say it's great and I want to try it! Poor Alex, but I love it that she loves to sing! My son sings only when he thinks no one can hear him! Where do you go to get the times for the shows? Or are they every hour or so? Very nice plans Ann and it doesn't seem so bad walking for 58 minutes? Someone told me that the average adult walks 10 miles a day in Disney?!?!

Great plans, Ann.

I know I've just started my park days in my TR, but we walked right on Star Tours (and could have gone back three more times the morning we were there and walked on).

You must do the Animation Studio. I am a terrible drawer, and we had a blast doing this last year. The only reason we didn't do it this year is because we had so much we wanted to get done with Andy and so little time.

All caught up again, Ann! :goodvibes

Now, that sounds like a seriously busy day you'll have ahead of you on your DHS day! :scared1:
I got tired just reading about it - but it sounds like a lot of fun! :thumbsup2

The Osbourne lights are just wonderful! Have a lot of PP pics taken while you are there - they are just awesome!

You will be there before you know it!!!!!!!!!!

Sounds like a great day at DHS and DTD!

I was with a DIS family at DHS this week. They have a tradition at the Art of Animation. Every trip to Disney they keep the drawing their daughter does. It's neat to see how they have changed over the years. The other day, the artist gave his picture to them too!!

Sorry I have fallen behind on your PTR. Your DHS day seems really fun. :goodvibes Glad Zoe is doing better. I hate that you all have had to go through so much this year but I'm glad things seem to be getting better.

:scared1::scared1::scared1::scared1: Have y''all seriously never done Art of Animation?

It's one of my DHS favorites! I love being able to see where it's all created,... but then again I wanted to be an animator lol!

We have never done it! Well, I take it back. I think we did a part of it in 2008. We definitely didn't do any drawing, but we watched a little show with Mushu.

I like the plans and just out of curiostiy--- how do you get so detailed? I want to, but I'm not sure that i know how to..... I keep trying and trying today!
I am planning the animation studio too, yeah the kids might not be able to do it but maybe they will surprise us and just have fun with it! I am going to try to get to starring rolls for a lunch... you say it's great and I want to try it! Poor Alex, but I love it that she loves to sing! My son sings only when he thinks no one can hear him! Where do you go to get the times for the shows? Or are they every hour or so? Very nice plans Ann and it doesn't seem so bad walking for 58 minutes? Someone told me that the average adult walks 10 miles a day in Disney?!?!

I get details by using ridemax. I plug in what I want to do in the day, add in any breaks I might want and then I hit "make my plan" and poof...it tells me down to the minute when to arrive for things. It also lists the shows in each park that day and their times. It gives you the option of what time you definitely want to view or just any time.
Great plans, Ann.

I know I've just started my park days in my TR, but we walked right on Star Tours (and could have gone back three more times the morning we were there and walked on).

You must do the Animation Studio. I am a terrible drawer, and we had a blast doing this last year. The only reason we didn't do it this year is because we had so much we wanted to get done with Andy and so little time.

I am excited to do the animation studio. On the plan it lists it being about 45 minutes. Does that sound like enough time? I hope so...
All caught up again, Ann! :goodvibes

Now, that sounds like a seriously busy day you'll have ahead of you on your DHS day! :scared1:
I got tired just reading about it - but it sounds like a lot of fun! :thumbsup2

The Osbourne lights are just wonderful! Have a lot of PP pics taken while you are there - they are just awesome!

You will be there before you know it!!!!!!!!!!

It will be a full day. I think that is the hard thing about DHS. We at most even do 2 full days. With all of the shows, it makes it hard to get everything in without going comando.

I will get lots of pics, I promise! Just think...7 weeks from today I will be stressing about what Alex has or has not packed. :rotfl: Yes, last trip he forgot underpants. :eek:

Sounds like a great day at DHS and DTD!

I was with a DIS family at DHS this week. They have a tradition at the Art of Animation. Every trip to Disney they keep the drawing their daughter does. It's neat to see how they have changed over the years. The other day, the artist gave his picture to them too!!

That is so cool. Maybe something to start with Zoe now that she is just about old enough to really enjoy it. The previous 3 times she might not have had much luck drawing.

Sorry I have fallen behind on your PTR. Your DHS day seems really fun. :goodvibes Glad Zoe is doing better. I hate that you all have had to go through so much this year but I'm glad things seem to be getting better.

Thank you so much. No worries about falling behind.... life is busy.

I am excited to do the animation studio. On the plan it lists it being about 45 minutes. Does that sound like enough time? I hope so...

Yes, that sounds about right (unless you have to wait for the next session if you just miss the previous one).

Yes, that sounds about right (unless you have to wait for the next session if you just miss the previous one).

:thumbsup2 thanks!

And another question regarding park attractions we have never done...

At epcot...has anyone done Captain EO and if so is it something we should do? I have not done it. (last trip was the first time it was there and Kira refused) I have watched a brief clip on youtube, and it looks a bit...:rolleyes: odd. Maybe a bit scary for Zoe even. Anyone have thoughts??? It is one attraction that ridemax devotes a huge wait time for. I hate waiting...and if this is something I really wouldn't like...then why wait on it.

At epcot...has anyone done Captain EO and if so is it something we should do? I have not done it. (last trip was the first time it was there and Kira refused) I have watched a brief clip on youtube, and it looks a bit...:rolleyes: odd. Maybe a bit scary for Zoe even. Anyone have thoughts??? It is one attraction that ridemax devotes a huge wait time for. I hate waiting...and if this is something I really wouldn't like...then why wait on it.

We will NOT do it again ..... not even if they pay me to do it! And I LIKE MJ! :rotfl2:
We watched it some time ago (I think in summer a year ago and we deemed it a waste of time - VERY dated!

Had to LOL about your mention what Alex forgot to pack last time! :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

When I went in August with my girls we did Captain EO. I have not seen that show since I was younger in Disneyland. My oldest who is in LOVE with MJ did not like it she thought it was kinda weird and very old. Now when you are seeing it there are times that you will feel certain things in your seat from the movie ie your seat does move and other things will happen but I can't recall what SO you might want to think about it just in case Zoe might be scared of things like that. When we go in Dec i don't think we will do it again unless for some reason my oldest wants to see it again but I think we are just going to pass on Captain EO this go around.

I get details by using ridemax. I plug in what I want to do in the day, add in any breaks I might want and then I hit "make my plan" and poof...it tells me down to the minute when to arrive for things. It also lists the shows in each park that day and their times. It gives you the option of what time you definitely want to view or just any time.

I didn't realize that they were so detailed... I didn't get to look at it the other day!

We will NOT do it again ..... not even if they pay me to do it! And I LIKE MJ! :rotfl2:
We watched it some time ago (I think in summer a year ago and we deemed it a waste of time - VERY dated!

Had to LOL about your mention what Alex forgot to pack last time! :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

Hmm...makes me think that we should skip it...

And yes... Alex :sad2: Ya know he turns 16 in just under 2 weeks. The discussion has come up on how he is not going to be driving. Yeah... no driving for the boy when he can't seem to remember to pack underpants
:rolleyes:

When I went in August with my girls we did Captain EO. I have not seen that show since I was younger in Disneyland. My oldest who is in LOVE with MJ did not like it she thought it was kinda weird and very old. Now when you are seeing it there are times that you will feel certain things in your seat from the movie ie your seat does move and other things will happen but I can't recall what SO you might want to think about it just in case Zoe might be scared of things like that. When we go in Dec i don't think we will do it again unless for some reason my oldest wants to see it again but I think we are just going to pass on Captain EO this go around.

You summary doesn't help me want to go. I am really thinking we won't.

And, btw... I notice you changed your location. No more Oak Harbor. :sad2:
I didn't realize that they were so detailed... I didn't get to look at it the other day!

If you like to be super flexible, ridemax really wouldn't be the touring plan for you. Now, as I have said... I don't follow it to the minute...but I do stay on task with it. I don't jump to something it has told me to go on later in the day just because we might want to now. So while I think you should definitely check it out...just be aware that it kinda takes out the spontaneity of it. Course... so does standing in a line for an hour..and that is what I avoid by using ridemax.

Sounds like a very good day!

I always forget about the American Idol show... I'll have to try to remember it next year!

You summary doesn't help me want to go. I am really thinking we won't.

And, btw... I notice you changed your location. No more Oak Harbor. :sad2:

Yeah I know no more Oak Harbor :sad1:I really do miss my home up there but right now i'm here in Sierra Vista wishing I was back home in PNW enjoying my friends and my house that we have up there.. I think i'm mostly going to miss winter more then my friends.. Is that bad of me to miss the colder weather then my friends :guilty:

Sorry that my summary doesn't make this decision any easier on you about the Captain EO show. I would go see it just so I can hear the song at the end of the movie. That was a pretty cool song that he sang and I don't remember the name of it.

Sounds like a very good day!

I always forget about the American Idol show... I'll have to try to remember it next year!
In 2009, the girls and I caught the soft opening. It was kinda interesting (although I am not sure about the longevity of this attraction) In 2010 with the guys we watch it outside a bit..on the big screen. In 9/2010 the girls and I completely skipped it. So I would like to try to actually see it this time but who knows...

Yeah I know no more Oak Harbor :sad1:I really do miss my home up there but right now i'm here in Sierra Vista wishing I was back home in PNW enjoying my friends and my house that we have up there.. I think i'm mostly going to miss winter more then my friends.. Is that bad of me to miss the colder weather then my friends :guilty:

Sorry that my summary doesn't make this decision any easier on you about the Captain EO show. I would go see it just so I can hear the song at the end of the movie. That was a pretty cool song that he sang and I don't remember the name of it.

I am not sure how much I would miss the cold weather. At one time I never thought I would want to be somewhere warm in December...but the older I get the less I like cold. AND...as you know the cold here does not just mean cold but rather wet. Maybe that is part of my issue. If it were just cold with snow (a full dry snow..not the slushy stuff we often times get) then maybe I could be ok. All this being said though... I don't think it is bad of you to miss the weather. The weather of a particular place defines said place and if that place was home..then weather helps to define what we consider to be home.:goodvibes

Thursday, 12/15 - Day 7

Can you believe this will be day 7?

I really hope we got to bed early on 12/14 because we will need to get up early on this day. How early? Well, with an 8am ADR I will want us to be leaving our room by 7am. Where are we going? Well, it is to the one park we have yet to go to.

AnimalKingdom.jpg

So this is day one of two days we will spend in this park.

And even though it isn't the best breakfast on property, it does get us into the park before RD (a goal of mine in each park) So we will go to the special line and be allowed into the park early for our breakfast here

TuskerHouseRestaurant.jpg

If nothing else, the juice is yummy and I plan on us eating until we can't eat any more. One because we will be paying oop for this meal and two because I don't plan on us having a lunch. :eek:

As I am writing up this plan I am wondering how well of a plan this actually is. :rotfl: You see, after our very large breakfast we will head directly to
Expedition_Everest.jpg

This is yet another ride I won't be going on that makes me worry for Zoe. She and Alex will definitely ride this. Steve might. I definitely won't!

Hopefully, we will all survive and we will take a stroll through Maharajah Jungle Trek. Now, I know what you are thinking. Why not just go here first. Well, cause ridemax tells me that if I make it to EE at 9:07 (and it is noted as being time sensitive) the wait time will be 8 minutes. Honestly though, I think what we will do is play it by ear. IF we (and by we I mean Zoe and Alex) do not feel up to riding after they have just eaten then maybe we will wait and take the risk of the line being to long for us to enter. If that is the case, I know that just before park closing was noted as being another time with little to no wait. We could just push it to then.

So after we are done taking in the sites of the trek it will be hopefully warm enough to ride this
KaliRiverRapids.jpg

It will have to be warm because I will no doubt get SOAKED.

Then we will get something that will look very similar to this
AnimalKingdom-Fastpass-KilimanjaroS.jpg

Next we will take another stroll through a forest.
IMG_3397.jpg

After we are done there, we will need to have a bit more of a "personal" experience. Where can we get this? :scratchin:

Well, it starts with a train ride
2559.jpg

Once up in RPW, we will want to see some characters, look over the exhibits and pet some animals. The last trip with the guys they were performing a surgery while we were there. I really wish Kira had been able to be there and see it. :sad2: She would have loved it. What we won't do is stop to do the kid station. I forget what this is called, but it is AK's version of the Kidcot. You stop..do the activity and get a stamp in your card. I never knew quite where all the stations were so it was a bit frustrating to not ever finish. Plus, having spent ample time in the station there at RPW, I doubt we need to try and find everything in the "scavenger hunt" again (since we know where they are)

Back to Africa, we will next use those fast passes and see some animals a little more exotic than pigs and goats. Now if only we could brush and feed them. :rolleyes:

After the safari, we will take a break and eat something. Remember I said we would not have lunch? Well, it is because aside from the super large breakfast we will be having a fairly hearty snack. Pretzels from Safari Pretzel. :goodvibes For Alex and I...perhaps even Steve it will be a jalapeno cheese stuffed pretzel. Zoe will want a plain one cause the jalapeno one will be "too spicy" for her.

If we have time, we will run over to
DSC09938.jpg

If any of you read recently my ridemax discussion regarding this, you know that I had to assume we could hustle over to make the 1pm show. If not we will have to stay and catch the 2pm show. I would prefer not to though since we will be heading out of the park to spend a short break back at the hotel. Another thing to note is that ridemax also noted that the show times for Flights of Wonder have yet to be confirmed. So who knows if this will be the time after all.

On our way out of the park we will wind through Discovery Island trails.

Once back at the resort we will put our feet up and wait while each of us get cleaned up. (remember we may have got wet earlier in the day) Once we are all clean we will head back to AK.

Only one thing left to do in AK this day and that is
AK-JingleJungle-40.jpg

Have I mentioned I LOVE the parades. We never just sit and watch them all. :headache: I really hope to this time.

Instead of going back to WL, we will leave AK and head to AKL.

At AKL, we will explore and see the holiday decorations like this
35-AnimalKingdomLodgeTree2.jpg

Before too long we will have to get over to Kidani Village for dinner at
IMG_20110411_183957.jpg

This is one restaurant I am really looking forward to. I think it is going to be difficult to travel to using Disney transportation, but I think it is going to be worth it. Or... at least I hope it will. We have never been to even the lodge, let alone Kidani or Sanaa.

Dinner is scheduled for a fairly reasonable time (6:30pm) so I think we should have no trouble getting back to WL and getting a good nights rest.

This day we will use 4 snack credits (leaving 28), 0 quick service credits (leaving 28) and 4 table service credits (leaving 32)

Ridemax gives us a total wait time of 51 minutes with 40 minutes of walking between rides for the day.

I would absolutely skip EO. We went back in February, as I hadn't done it since I was kid and it was there for its first go around. Why is this still in the parks? :confused3 It is terribly, terribly dated and pretty scary. Max was totally freaked out by it and was pretty quiet for several hours after. Even if Zoe didn't get scared, the rest of you might freaked out by the amount of time you've wasted. Just my opinion, though, so take it for what its worth. :lmao:

This Ridemax looks like I might enjoy getting on there and doing all my planning for a wonderful Christmas vacation with little to no trouble.. Yeah right i'll be there during Christmas HELLO... :lmao::rotfl2::rotfl::laughing:

When we went in August the first ride we got on was EE girl that was so much fun.. of course I rode solo because we had an odd number of people in our group but WOW I can't wait to have my dh join me on this ride.. I felt it was the most smoothest roller coaster that I have been on in some time. You should give it a try sometime.

It seems like you are going to have a wonderful time at AK. I can't wait to see the Christmas parade there at AK I think that's what I look forward to the most all the parade's and the Christmas decoration. If I don't get to ride any rides that will be fine because I know that I will be back at DW in 940 days for my daughter's graduation celebration.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!