Chris and Katelyn's PJ 8-8-09 Planning Session TR!

themagicofdisney

Mouseketeer
Hi Everyone. I started a PJ and now it has disapeered! Anyway..I guess I'll start over. Here is where we are so far. We got engaged on 9-13-08 and are getting married in Disney on 8-8-09!

Hey everyone. Welcome to my PJ!! Chris and I got engaged on Saturday (9-13-08) but have dreamt about a Disney wedding for years! Our first obstacle is getting our parents to love the idea as much as we do. We live in Massachusetts so our parents are concerned that "no one will come" because it is too far away andtoo expensive to have a wedding out-of-state.

I'm pretty bummed, because I really want this to work out!

We have already held the Wedding Pavilion for 8-8-09 at 2:30
We have holds at the Boardwalk and Yacht club for the reception, but we are on the waitlist for the Grand Floridian, which I really reeally reallllllly want! I am crossing my fingers. There is a tentative convention who is holding all the space at GF.

We have been in constant contact with Bill B. from sales at Disney FT weddings. He has been GREAT!

Videographer booked! We are..as I type..watching the sample HD DVD from STVS video, who will be our videographer on our wedding day.

recieved confirmations from our videographer (STVS), our photographer (Randy Chapman), and our officiant (Tim Herring).

I booked my makeup/hair/nail services today. Beaute Speciale will be doing everything for my bridesmaids and I on the day of my wedding. Anyone had services through them for their DFTW?

After trying on about 17 dresses, I went back to one shop tried on one of my favorites again and put a deposit down! I'm really happy with my decision. Wish I could post the pics..but DF is on here more than me!

We also booked our Magic Kingdom Portrait Session today for 8-9-09 @ 5AM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Everything sounds great! And don't worry, people will come ;)

Those conventions make it hard sometimes, don't they?!

Glad you starting a pj over here! A lot of brides have used beaute speciale.. we are scheduled for exactly a month before you for our wedding and I have booked her!! I've heard great reviews!

Looks like your off to a good start!! Great choices with Randy and STVS, you will love them!

You live in Mass and your parents are worried that the wedding will be too expensive? They'll actually save money! At least that's what I found. I'm a Massachusettsian lost in Northern Maine. :)

You've made so much progress already. I'll keep my fingers crossed that that convention gets out of the GF so you get it! :goodvibes Great job on everything and I look forward to reading more!

You live in Mass and your parents are worried that the wedding will be too expensive? They'll actually save money! At least that's what I found. I'm a Massachusettsian lost in Northern Maine. :)

You've made so much progress already. I'll keep my fingers crossed that that convention gets out of the GF so you get it! :goodvibes Great job on everything and I look forward to reading more!

Haha I've heard the Northeast is the most expensive place to have a wedding, it was actual in my bridal bargains book. So they should be happy!!! hahaha

Thanks for the kind words :-)

Update:

Our Sales Manager confirmed today that we have on hold:

8-8-09
Wedding Pavilion 230-330
Grand Floridian 330-830
UK Lower Dessert Party 830-930

I wish we could sign our contract now!!!!

Tomorrow I'm puttin the desposit on my dress so they can order it!

A few new things to update on!!

Bought our toasting flutes..with our names engraved on it
Flutes.jpg

Bought our ring bearer pillow (even though I still have to ask one!)
ring%20bearer%20pillow.jpg

We put in a for an early request planning session because airfare is really good right now for Febuary (our 6 month mark) and we got a date! Our sales manager was been working his tail off for us, since we won't get a coordinator until December (8 month mark). Our planning session is Febuary 10, 2009 at 9AM.

We also booked our honeymoon!! We will be staying at the Poly, we sprung for the Honeymoon Room on the Concierge level, but we'll have to really save our pennies, or we'll have to switch to a regular room. Here is honeymoon details:

08/10/2009 HOTEL
POLYNESIAN- WNRPOLYNESIAN-HONEYMOON-CLUB
SPECIAL REQUEST: HONEYMOON COUPLE

6 NIGHTS
[ 1, 2 ]

08/10/2009 INSURANCE
NON REFUNDABLE INSURANCE
1 PER PERSON [ 1, 2 ]

You have purchased Vacation Insurance. Please click here for detailed Information on Specific Coverage and Terms.

08/10/2009 FEATURE
ARCADE PLAY CARD VOUCHER
1 PER ROOM [ 1 ]

08/10/2009 FEATURE
MINIATURE GOLF VOUCHER
1 PER ROOM [ 1 ]

08/10/2009 FEATURE
RESORT REFILLABLE MUG
1 PER PERSON [ 1, 2 ]

08/10/2009 FEATURE
PLANET HOLLYWOOD MERCH. VCHR
1 PER PACKAGE [ 1 ]

08/10/2009 FEATURE
PLANET HOLLYWOOD $15 MEAL VCHR
1 PER PACKAGE [ 1 ]

08/10/2009 FEATURE
SEA RAYCER OFFER VOUCHER
1 PER ROOM [ 1 ]

08/10/2009 FEATURE
DELUXE PLAN MEALS
1 PER PERSON [ 1, 2 ]

08/10/2009 FEATURE
TWO SNACKS
1 PER PERSON [ 1, 2

Lastly, we registered at Disney's Honeymoon Registry. I think we literally put one of everything on there!

congrats... I like your toasting flutes and your HM plans sound wonderful-def. save your pennies to keep them. looking forward to hearing more.:goodvibes

Update:

Our Sales Manager confirmed today that we have on hold:

8-8-09
Wedding Pavilion 230-330
Grand Floridian 330-830
UK Lower Dessert Party 830-930

I wish we could sign our contract now!!!!

Tomorrow I'm puttin the desposit on my dress so they can order it!

YAY! Does this mean that the convention's gone? Congrats! Here are a couple of my patented we got the date Dancing Bananas! :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

Awesome about the Poly - we're going to do the Boardwalk, but only because we're getting married at SBP - I've always wanted to stay at the Poly. You'll have to post pictures in your trippie when you come back so I can live vicariously!! ;)

YAY! Does this mean that the convention's gone? Congrats! Here are a couple of my patented we got the date Dancing Bananas! :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

Awesome about the Poly - we're going to do the Boardwalk, but only because we're getting married at SBP - I've always wanted to stay at the Poly. You'll have to post pictures in your trippie when you come back so I can live vicariously!! ;)

MegKate- Yes after MUCH confusion about the convention and another couple we were able to confirm the Grand Floridian. I think the Boardwalk looks beautiful too...one day I'd like to stay there!!

Update 11-2-08

We booked our planning session trip. We are leaving on 2/8 and returning on 2/10 (short trip :-() We will be staying at the Pop Century Resort (3rd time!) and my sister will be joining us! She is my Maid of Honor and hasn't been to Disney since she was 9 (now 18)! Our planning session is on the 10th so we will have a day and a half to do some wedding shopping and enjoy the parks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter