Choosing between WL or BC?

simba51104

Mouseketeer
I currently have a WL standard view room booked, but was offered an upsell to the BC standard view for around $200 less than the WL. I'm unsure if I should take the offer since I have never stayed in the Epcot area. How is the BC? Is it nicer than the WL? How is the transportation there? I believe the buses are shared between all the Epcot resorts, in which case, does it seem like it takes forever to get to places? Are the buses really crowded because of the sharing? How are the rooms at the BC? I know the WL was just recently renovated, and that was part of the appeal as well as the fact that it is so close to the MK. I guess I'm really unsure what to do since the BC price seems to be a good deal, but I'm not sure if I'll like it. Any opinions would be greatly appreciated.

I would switch. We have stayed at both places and the Beach Club wins for us each time. The pool layout and features are awesome. Walking to Epcot and to Boardwalk are a big plus. The biggest down side is not boat to MK.

DH & I would definitely choose the BC over WL anyday! We love the Epcot Resort Area. It is so nice to be able to walk to Epcot & MGM (which we did often). The WL is nice but we definitely felt way more Disney Magic in the Epcot Area. Having never stayed at the BC (we're going there in two weeks) - we've stayed at the BW though - we did get a chance to walk around and look at it and have decided that is our favorite hotel! Good luck in your decision! :goodvibes

I'd switch. If only because this is a great deal! BC is usually quite a bit more than WL!

Both are great resorts, and you'll probably enjoy either but...

1.WL has the plus of being near MK, but it isn't on the monorail loop, so that's a downside, IMHO.
2.BC is close to both Epcot and MGM - so you can take advantage of going into Epcot for dinner, which is really nice.
3.The whole BC/YC/Bwk/Swan/Dolphin area is really fun too.
4. The pool at BC is WAY better than WL.
5. Both offer fairly traditional American foods, WL has more of a woodsy-Yellowstone-Nat-Park feel while BC is more East coast Seashore - so if one theme really appeals to you over the other than take that into consideration...but BC is nicer.

We stayed at WL summer of '05, and BC summer of '06 and enjoyed them both. I'd definitely go for BC if it is less money. In my opinion the location is better at BC. If you have a park hopper you can eat at one of the Epcot World Showcase restaurants every night, because you can easily walk from your room. I like being close to the Boardwalk and just a brief boat ride from MGM. I have to say that we like the theme and atmosphere at WL a little better, but you can't go wrong with either resort...
Have fun

We'll be back again this summer; still haven't decided where to stay, but I'd be happy to get a good deal at BC when the time comes!

We just switched from AKL to BC. That area was our original choice but we just could not get a good enough deal. When I got the upsell for 200 less than AKL I jumped at the chance. You will love the area! :goodvibes:

That BC Deal sounds like a great deal! I'd take advantage of the deal this time, and do the WL on your next trip. Weare at WL in Dec, and priced BC too, it was $300 more, so you've got quite a deal there. If you had your heart set on WL though, stay there. Either way, have a great trip!

I stayed at BCV in April and booked there again for this coming Nov. Love the closeness to Off Kilter

DS15 is coming with me in Aug. Asked him where he wants to stay and he said VWL so we're staying there. I'll still get over to EpCot to see my "men in skirts" but it will be a different type of vacation. Also booked parasailing for Aug w/DS

bc. the location is sooo good. the pool is nicer and there is just more to do and see being close to 5 other resorts on the epcot area. we are so spoiled with the location and the resorts that dh refuses to stay anywhere else. i like wl but i LOVE bc.

We stayed at both and although the WL was great, the BC was better. We stayed in a Junior suite at the WL which was hands down one of the best rooms that we have stayed in due to size, space, view... But the transportation at the BC was much quicker. We loved being able to walk to Epcot and MGM. At the BC, we felt closer to Disney, more action. Sounds like you got a great deal--go for it!:cool1:

That's a great deal! The BC was awesome, and I loved being able to walk to Epcot. We got the parkhopper option and ate at a different place in the World Showcase every night. The beach and pool are great, too. And you can't beat movies on the beach after a crazy fun day at the parks :)

Good luck choosing - have a great trip!

We've stayed at both and love both for different reasons, but I think I'd go with the BC for $200 less ;). The rooms at the BC are slightly bigger and although the WL is more convenient to the MK, the Epcot area is very nice......and it's just a short walk from the BC to Epcot :thumbsup2. But IMO, you can't go wrong with either resort as they are both great :).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter