Choosing an appetizer instead of a dessert on the DDP?

The only place where soup is a snack credit is BoG and that's only for lunch, so even if what you say comes to fruition, I don't see it happening at many TS places.

Currently, yes. However there are supposedly changes happening on Sunday 31 May, which is what we were discussing. Apparently a lot more things will be counted as snacks.

Andre

Last edited:
It looks like what is rumored to be allowed as a sub for dessert is a side salad, cup of soup, or fruit plate (although in my experience fruit was always an option to sub for dessert when asked). Still, if this is he case, I would reconsider DDP in the future. QS dessert could be subbed for a side, like fries. We don't like QS desserts, and 2 of my family can't eat desserts offered at TS most of the time, so the flexibility would be awesome!

Even if its soup, salad or fruit... I would appreciate the change and the option. I think it's maybe steering to Healthier options and all. Looking forward to hear about the changes , just booked my tickets for the week before Christmas

Even if its soup, salad or fruit... I would appreciate the change and the option. I think it's maybe steering to Healthier options and all. Looking forward to hear about the changes , just booked my tickets for the week before Christmas

LOL! I think they are trying to get people to buy the plan and a lot of people just do not see the value if they don't eat desert at every meal. Disney is rumored to be making changes to their ticket pricing, and I bet dollars to donuts that in order to offer packages that mask the total charges, the DDP has to be more attractive to the folks who are on the fence. Allowing this minor and very low cost if any cost substitution, is an easy fix to the problem, and still will nto detract for those folks who want crab cakes to order them. ALso the salads can be made ahead, as can teh soup, so no prep time and loss. These sides will probably be much smaller than will allow for too much sharing and stretching of food. . My DH does not care for dessert every meal, but he would have soup or salad to start in a heartbeat.

This is one "based on customer feedback" change that I actually believe!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter