Chocolate Wave help

pkmingo

Mouseketeer
Since the recipe was in the last Disney Magazine, anyone made the Chocolate Wave (from Living Seas)? This is one of our favorites but the recipe in the magazine calls for pans I don't have - wondering if it would work cupcake size or double to make large size. Any thoughts? Thanks for the help - Luau this Saturday!!

I took a look at the recipe and I'd say regular muffin sized tins should work. You may have to adjust the baking time though.

Thanks for the help. I am new at this recipe-sorry for so many questions. Do you know what Grand Marnier is? Also, if you think the muffin tins are ok - you think adjusted time I assume is shortened because the pans they used are larger (?) ? You know this recipe is REALLY good or I wouldn't be going through all this trouble!! Thanks again!

Grand Marnier is a liquor (Sp?). I think it is orange flavored?? This is not my area, sorry.

As for the adjusted times - try checking on the back of box cake mixes. Compare the baking time for their cake & cupcakes and make the appropriate adjustments to yours. And yes, cupcakes take less time than cakes.

d

Thank you. The recipe wasn't for cake size it was for 6- 5 oz ramekins which I wasn't sure what kind of pan that was but I know I don't have any. I am going to give the muffin pan a try - We are going to shape them into little volcano looking cakes - being brave this week!

I believe ramekins are the individual little bowls that you make flan in. You can usually get a pack of 4 at the Dollar Tree - for $1, of course! ;)

Good luck! I'd love to know more about your luau! We are having a luau for my dd's 1st b'day party in Sept.!

Thanks! I will definately hit my dollar tree now that I know it is a possibility. There are lots of great web sites w/ info on Hawaiian Luau parties. I took a few ideas from many. Love the choc. wave but we are turning them into the volcano cakes (looking like the ones on familyfun.com). Also playing games w/ hawaiian names of our guests and words. Found some inexpensive hawaiian music tapes. Eating kabobs, pineapple dip for fruit, rice (unsure of how I am seasoning that yet) and lots more. Lots of decor around the house as well as "torches" on the deck. (ps disneyfan551: glad to see you are a wdw alumni - I am an 8year TDS vet. )

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter