1. Follow the DIS on Instagram! www.instagram.com/the.dis

Chocolate Tasting????

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by dennes, Feb 19, 2013.

1. dennes

dennes Mouseketeer

Gidday
    I have been looking at previous navigators for Panama Canal cruises and they have chocolate tastings. Has anyone done these? What would I be expecting if I decided to book it?

Thanks in advance
    Deb :)

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. MaryLou1962

MaryLou1962 LoveMyBoys

I did the chocolate tasting in December and it was divine!!

We had a selection of white, milk and dark chocolate (dark 62%, darker 72% and darkest 85%!) and a shot glass of melted white, milk and dark chocolate. We tasted the different chocolates with a variety of wines as well as a glass of whiskey. I was sure those very dark and bitter chocolates would be yucky, but when paired with the different drinks, they were transformed!

It was all amazing and took us all a lot longer to consume than I expected. The flavour combinations were delicious and interesting.

I ate every bite, drank every drop (we even got refills) and even licked out my shot glasses!

I have some photos I'd be happy to share if I had the the faintest idea how to post them!!

ML

4. yarlenna

yarlenna Mouseketeer

Do they have them on regular cruises?

5. MaryLou1962

MaryLou1962 LoveMyBoys

We were told that they were "testing" them on our 14 day cruise. They were offered only a couple of times. They were twice the price ($30 vs $15) of the regular tastings.

6. dennes

dennes Mouseketeer

Wow wee

Thanks for the response :) sounds absolutely divine!!!!!

Might have to add this to my wish list for May 2014 :)