chocolate souffle

I'm 99% certain that it isn't....but never fear, they have alot of yummy desserts at brunch. :)

Ginny

No chocolate souffle at brunch, but I had it for dessert at Palo on Friday! It was to die for. We loved Palo brunch and while the brunch desserts are good, they pale in comparison to the desserts on the dinner menu.

Anyone out there have the recipe for that chocolate souffle?

Here you go!!! :)

Palo Chocolate Souffle
(From the Summer 2003 Disney Magazine)

3 T butter, plus more for greasing the souffle cups
6 T sugar, plus more for dusting the souffle cups
1 C milk
3 T flour
3 T Dutch processed cocoa
2 oz (1/3 cup) semi-sweet or bittersweet chocolate, melted
4 eggs, separated

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and set a full kettle of water on to boil.

Butter 6 four-oz souffle cups and coat with sugar. Set aside. Bring the milk to a boil in a small saucepan. Meanwhile, melt the butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add the flour and cocoa to the butter and beat with a whisk until it has a smooth, paste-like consistency. Reduce heat and let the mixture cook 1 minute. Slowly add the hot milk, whisking until smooth, then blend in melted chocolate. Set aside to cool for 5 minutes, then stir in egg yolks.

In a separate bowl beat egg whites until frothy. Slowly add sugar, 1 T at a time, until stiff, glossy peaks form. Stir a heaping spoonful of egg whites into the chocolate, then fold in the remaining whites just until combined. Pour the batter into the prepared souffle cups. Place the cups in a large baking dish and add enough boiling water to reach halfway up the sides of the souffle cups. Bake for 20 minutes. Serve immediately with vanilla and/or chocolate sauces. Serves 6.

Vanilla Sauce

1 1/4 C heavy cream
1/2 vanilla bean, split lengthwise
3 T sugar
2 small egg yolks

Bring cream and vanilla bean to a low boil over medium heat. Combine sugar and egg yolks. Add 2 spoonfuls of boiling cream to egg mixture and stir well, then pour back into the remaining cream and continue to cook over low heat, stirring constantly, for 3 to 4 minutes.

Chocolate Sauce

3/4 C boiling water
4 T sugar
6 oz dark chocolate, chopped
3 T cocoa

Bring water and sugar to a boil. Remove from heat and add chocolate. Cover pan and let sit a few minutes until melted. Stir in cocoa until smooth.

MMMMMMMMMMMMM.....................sounds heavenly AND sinful!
Thank you for sharing!
:worship:

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU TootyJane!!!!!

I'll try it once I get off my post-cruise diet. I gained 4 pounds thanks to things like that souffle (and the lobster tails and the filet mignon and the dessert buffet and the Conch Coolers...)

Is it possible to get Chocolate Souffle without eating at Palos? If we dont' get ressies, can we just pop in and ask for desert? We are sailing on the Wonder 9/12.

Any info appreciated! I am a choc-a-holic!

Yes, you can order dessert from the bar. If you make real good friends with your server you can sometimes even get one in the main diing rooms.

Dang, if I'd known you could order the souffle at the bar I would have been in there every night! Good thing for my waistline that I was clueless about this.:o

My own humble opinion. Went to Palo and had several desserts (not just me, we shared). The souffle was great, but my favorite was the creme brulee. Try the souffle, but don't ignore the other great things they have to offer.

We did get the Chocolate Souffle or last night on the 3 day cruise as we were not able to do Palo's this time around, our friends came with and we didn't want them to miss any of the restaurants, so we sat our Palo's. But we did get the Choc. Souffle as we have cruised 4 times now and the servers get to know you and the Dining staff and we did get the souffle without going to Palo's;) They are "Wonder"ful on these cruises, they bend over backward for you and it is great.

You know, creme brulee wasn't on the menu when we went to Palo on 8/13. I would have had it (and the souffle, of course) if it were because it is my favorite dessert! Did I just overlook it? Ack!!!

We were in a group of 12, so to make things easier, or server brought out many desserts for us to share. I don't remember seeing the creme brulee on the menu, but I actually didn't even need to look at the desserts on the menu since we got a bit of each one.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter