CHOC Walk day crowds?

meggles

Mouseketeer
Our arrival day also happens to be the day of the CHOC walk, Sunday 10/30. I was surprised to discover this, as the CHOC walk usually happens earlier in the month. We are driving down, so we can control when we arrive, but I don't want to hit a ton of traffic driving through LA so we'll likely arrive at the DLR around 2-3pm at the latest. We're staying at the DLH and not going into the parks that day, but we did want to wander around DTD and the hotels and have dinner, so I'll be sure to make a reservation somewhere for that.

What are the crowds around the DLR like later in the afternoon/evening of CHOC walk day? Does the CHOC walk impact the following days at all?
Thanks!

Participants are able to buy deeply discounted tickets that can only be used for a few days after the walk. If you can get there the night before or early enough, I'd highly recommend participating in CHOC Walk.

In the past we always did Oct trips which landed on CHOC/Columbus Day weekend. It got to be so busy that last year we tried end of Aug in search of lower crowds which we did end up finding.

In short, yes it impacts the crowds due to the discounted tickets they can get!

With CHOC Walk Sunday being followed immediately by Halloween this year, I would expect a big impact on crowds for both days.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter