China April 2012 - Booked!

The visa application is confusing. If you have any specific questions, I might be able to help. There is an office in downtown Toronto if you drop it off they will let you know if there is anything not filled out properly. Just like the passport office.

Well, it asks for our contact person in China. We don't have a contact person in China ... unless it means ABD? We don't have time to line up at the consulate so we're actually paying our Toronto travel agent to stand in line for us. (Hmmm...how decadent of us.... well, unless my father has second thoughts and stands in line himself...):rotfl2:

We're just going to stay an extra night at the last ABD hotel and taxi over to HKD for the day. Hmmm... Can't wait to see the visa app :confused:

Nice....I wish we could stay extra nights at the last ABD hotel...but we're staying 3 extra nights and 2 rooms at that price is equal to almost another ABD trip! :rotfl: We're moving over to the Holiday Inn Golden Mile and using points for our rooms.

You can always take the special train/subway to HKDL. I think it has special Mickey symbols on the train.

As for the VISA application, I've just spent an hour trying to get an Acrobat reader to read it on my dad's computer without it crashing all the time and still haven't figured it out. I think I'll just let him fill it out on my computer instead. Soooo much easier. :surfweb:

Well, it asks for our contact person in China. We don't have a contact person in China ... unless it means ABD? We don't have time to line up at the consulate so we're actually paying our Toronto travel agent to stand in line for us. (Hmmm...how decadent of us.... well, unless my father has second thoughts and stands in line himself...):rotfl2:

We were told to just write the name of the travel agency for the China contact. So yes, you would just put ABD and their US address.

Also, if you are visiting more cities than space on the visa allows we've been told to just write in the major ones.

We are lucky because my husband doesn't have to stand in line although depending when you go the line isn't always too bad. Mondays are usually the worst.

We were told to just write the name of the travel agency for the China contact. So yes, you would just put ABD and their US address.

Also, if you are visiting more cities than space on the visa allows we've been told to just write in the major ones.

We are lucky because my husband doesn't have to stand in line although depending when you go the line isn't always too bad. Mondays are usually the worst.

Thanks! Our forms are now filled out and we'll probably get them down next week. We're heading to Anaheim soon so we need our passports back before then. We stupidly didn't do this earlier in the month. <sigh>

Just got our passports back with the Visas. Yay! ABD now has our info and we are SET! They just need to send us our pre-trip packages in a little bit. Can't believe how fast it's coming up. :goodvibes

Just got our passports back with the Visas. Yay! ABD now has our info and we are SET! They just need to send us our pre-trip packages in a little bit. Can't believe how fast it's coming up. :goodvibes

:cool1::cool1: So excited for you!!

Have had to call ABD a few times this past week (UPS have been comically trying to deliver a package that we've both told them to abandon ... 3 times now...) and I've found out there are 26 people on our tour with 4 of them children.

Have had to call ABD a few times this past week (UPS have been comically trying to deliver a package that we've both told them to abandon ... 3 times now...) and I've found out there are 26 people on our tour with 4 of them children.
That sounds like a nice sized group. Are any of those kids yours?

ENJOY your ABD. The China trip is definitely on my Bucket List!

Sayhello

That sounds like a nice sized group. Are any of those kids yours?

ENJOY your ABD. The China trip is definitely on my Bucket List!

Sayhello

Nope, no kids. I believe one of the kids is Margie100's... I believe she posted earlier that her 8 year old son was coming along.

We're off to Beijing tomorrow afternoon. Should get there sometime on Sat afternoon Beijing time. I'm finding it quite impossible to pack. LOL I don't want to bring a lot but the temperatures in Beijing at night are near freezing and I hear that at the Great Wall, it's quite cold and breezy. Then you hit Chengdu and the temperatures are quite hot and balmy. So I have to pack for cold and heat at the same time. Layers, layers, layers but layers take a lot of room! :sad2: I'm so bad at this leaving behind the kitchen sink.

And wouldn't you know it.... we've had barely any snow all winter and last week was like summer here. Tomorrow? Snow ... right around the time we fly out. If it's not the airline's wildcat strikes that'll get me it's mother nature. :rotfl:

Man, I think I've had too much coffee this morning already. :yay::goodvibes

We're off to Beijing tomorrow afternoon. Should get there sometime on Sat afternoon Beijing time. I'm finding it quite impossible to pack. LOL I don't want to bring a lot but the temperatures in Beijing at night are near freezing and I hear that at the Great Wall, it's quite cold and breezy. Then you hit Chengdu and the temperatures are quite hot and balmy. So I have to pack for cold and heat at the same time. Layers, layers, layers but layers take a lot of room! :sad2: I'm so bad at this leaving behind the kitchen sink.

And wouldn't you know it.... we've had barely any snow all winter and last week was like summer here. Tomorrow? Snow ... right around the time we fly out. If it's not the airline's wildcat strikes that'll get me it's mother nature. :rotfl:

Man, I think I've had too much coffee this morning already. :yay::goodvibes
Have a FABULOUS trip! I'm looking forward to hearing all about it when you get back!

SAFE TRAVELS, and I'll keep my fingers & toes crossed that the snow doesn't affect your flights!

Can't help you with the packing stuff. I'm horrid at it, too! :confused3

Sayhello

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!