Chilly's Happy Ever After PTR (Updated 28/10/15)

Not sure what happened there that is the first time I've done it from my phone!

Anyway I promise to update you soon.

Your Daughter is adorable...you will have such a wonderful time taking her for the first time!!! November is a lovely time of year to go, we went that time last year..will be there again this November for the Wine and Dine half marathon. Thanks for sharing

Hi Claire! It's Sandy from the November Facebook Page ! Following along. We will be there during the same time. We are going 11/15 -11/20 and we are staying at CSR.

Now I need to go back and read your past TRs!

The photos are absolutely precious.

Corinna

I need to do another set as we are 130 days today.

Your Daughter is adorable...you will have such a wonderful time taking her for the first time!!! November is a lovely time of year to go, we went that time last year..will be there again this November for the Wine and Dine half marathon. Thanks for sharing

Thank you. Glad to hear November is a good time to go. When is the marathon?

Hi Claire! It's Sandy from the November Facebook Page ! Following along. We will be there during the same time. We are going 11/15 -11/20 and we are staying at CSR.

Now I need to go back and read your past TRs!

Hi Sandy thanks for reading. Hopefully I'll read yours tonight.

My first to TRs aren't that great but they get better from the third one.

Sorry for the delay in updating but i'm here now! I did in fact try to post a photo from my phone but it failed for some reason so here it is just 2 weeks late...

Since I last posted i've done the APIs and Estas, and booked Seaworld tickets and extras. All that's left is a bit more spending more on the Caxton card (which is helped by the $250 disney gift card I won) and paying off the rest of the accommodation (we've paid 1/3 so far).

I've written my last 4 trips up in the same notebook but all the pages are now full so I needed to get a new one for this trip and controversially I didn't get a Disney one...

I have also been buying lots and lots of clothes for Freya in fact probably way to many. As well as the usual t-shirts and things from the high street (here's a lot of them)

I have also got a few bits from the states from a company called Adorable Essentials from their playground princess range. I wanted to buy everyone they had but restrained myself to 3, Ariel, Belle and Snow White.

A fellow Disney Bride made this t-shirt for me for Father's Day...

And then on top of all that i've had some further clothes handmade by 2 different ladies I found on Facebook. The first set is subtle Disney/princess and the second set is full on Disney.

I'm sure you'll agree I may have gone overboard.

Next update will be THE BIG FAT PLAN.

9th November

Our flight from Gatwick is at 1pm so we’ll aim to be at the airport for 10am meaning we’ll leave home no later than 9am. This is the first time we’ve done the 1pm flight we’ve always been on the earlier flight in the past. We arrive 5.25pm local time so I don’t expect to arrive at the hotel much before 7pm. Freya and I will stay in the hotel where hopefully we’ll have a grocery order waiting for us from which I’ll feed Freya and then put her to bed and unpack. Mike however will hopefully quickly go over to DTD and make 2 stops. First stop the lego store to buy Freya some to play with in our room and second stop either EoS or Cookes to get us some dinner which he’ll bring back for us to eat in the room before we crash out. Going to DTD may be a no go so we’ll just grab something to eat at the hotel and go to DTD the next night instead.

10th November

The day I’ve been looking forward to since Freya was just a twinkle in my eye, taking her to the Magic Kingdom. Now Mike and I never suffer from jet lag /time difference so normally get up at a normal time but not sure we’ll be as lucky with Freya so might be up very early this morning. MK opens at 9am and I want to be there for the opening ceremony which I’ve never made before so it’ll be a quick breakfast in the room before heading out. After we enter the park we’ll take it slow just taking in the sights and sounds on Main Street and getting some photopass pictures before heading to the Barber Shop for Freya’s 9.30am haircut appointment. The rest of the morning will depend on what fastpasses we get but I think we’ll probably end up having a second breakfast from the bakery rather than getting lunch. I want to watch the parade to help Freya get used to the characters some more and then it’s off to BOG for an early dinner at 4.10pm, the beast may not be the best first character meet so it might just be me saying hello. You may remember I said I didn’t plan on many ADRs but I may have err booked a few more than planned. The park shuts at 7pm so we’ll either just head back to Bonnet Creek or hit DTD if Mike didn’t go last night.

11th November

Today we are heading to DHS which opens at 9am. We’ll eat breakfast in the room again and probably have lunch in Pizza Planet. I am hoping the rumour of a Minnie Holiday dinner at H&V turns out to be true and today is the day I’ll try to book it. Last I heard August 3rd was the rumoured release date. The menu appeared briefly on MDE so I think it’s highly likely it’ll happen just have to hope I can get an ADR as Freya is a big Minnie fan. The only other firm plan today is to watch the Osborne Lights. I think we’ll be giving Fantasmic a miss as I think Freya might be a bit too little yet.

12th November

Animal Kingdom is where we are heading today for another 9am opening. Breakfast will be in the room again and lunch is planned for the Yak and Yeti café. Freya is an animal fan so I think she’ll really like this park. We’ll be heading over to Animal Kingdom Lodge for dinner at Saana which will be a first for us.

13th November

Today will be a none park today. First stop is the Grand Floridian for breakfast at 1900 Park Fare at 9am. We’ll then head over to the Wedding Pavilion to show Freya where we got married. Next stop is AoA to have a look around and get a few photos. If available we might do a drawing class in the lobby. We’ll grab lunch in the food court while we are there. Afternoon will be spent back at the hotel either in the pool or doing one of the activities the hotel offers. We’ll also head out to do a bit of shopping at some point. Dinner will be offsite, probably at Chilli’s or Tony Romas.

14th November

We’ll be heading back to Magic Kingdom today but first stop is the Poly for breakfast at Ohana, we’ve had this booked twice in the past but never made it, 3rd times the charm. If we are hungry we’ll try Pinocchio’s for lunch. Dinner will be offsite, probably at Chilli’s or Tony Romas, whichever we didn’t go to last night.

15th November

Second visit to Animal Kingdom is scheduled for today. Breakfast is back in the room today, and lunch is planned for Pizzafari. Tonights ADR I found the hardest to get, Ohana dinner at 5.20pm. We’ll chill out back at the hotel afterwards. That brings us to the end of week one.

16th November

First visit to Epcot today for the Food and Wine Festival so no ADRs today we’ll just snack round the world. While we eat Freya can colour at the Kidcot stops. Hoping to head round to France first thing to get breakfast at the bakery which we’ve never done before. This might also give us the opportunity to get a few nice photos in World Showcase as well. The plan is to stay for Illuminations so we may leave the park in the afternoon and head back to the hotel to relax.

17th November

Back to DHS today which is only open until 4pm as there is a cast party in the evening but I thought this would be the park with the least to do for Freya anyway. Breakfast will be in the room and lunch at Backlot Express probably or where ever is nearest. From the park we’ll head to DTD where we have a reservation at Raglan Road for 5.15pm. We won’t stay out too later after last night’s late finish.

18th November

A full day at MK is planned today starting with Pre Park opening Crystal Palace so hoping to get some great Main Street photos before we eat breakfast. We also have a late BOG lunch at 2pm. We may again head back to hotel at this point to relax before returning to the park for the evening parade at 7pm and Wishes at 8pm. If we are hungry and if it’s open we will eat at Tortuga Tavern.

19th November

Today is a none park day. First thing we’ll be heading to the Boardwalk and we’ll grab a quick snack at the Bakery before meeting Randy our wedding photographer at 9.30am for some family portraits. Then it’s on to Cape May café for a late breakfast. We’ll probably head back to the hotel for a little bit and then we are going to the Mall at Millennia. We’ve not been here before so another new thing to check off the list. Dinner will be at the Cheesecake Factory, we’ve been to the one in Seattle before but it was a bit of a disappointment but everyone always raves about it so giving it another try. Again we’ll just head back to the hotel afterwards, the whole reason we got a 2 bed was so we could put Freya to bed at a reasonable hour most nights and we could relax in the living room.

20th November

Epcot today after breakfast in the room or if we are running low on supplies we can go to the bakery in world showcase again. Lunch is planned for the Lotus Café. Dinner is still up in the air, I have an ADR at the Grand Floridian Café for 5.30pm but I may cancel this in favour of just eating at the Contempo Café so that we aren’t tired down to a time and to save a bit of money. As you may have noticed my plan to not have too many ADRs hasn’t really happened so we’ll be revisiting all our ADRs to see if we want to drop any. After dinner we’ll be meeting the lovely Robyn and Sy who have very kindly invited us to join them at the Top of the World Lounge to watch holiday Wishes, very excited about this.

21st November

A none Disney day today as we’ll be heading to Seaworld after breakfast in the room. First thing when we arrive we need to check in for Dine with Shamu and then we are doing a behind the scenes tour which starts at 9.30am. I think Freya will love all the shows and hoping we get to hold a penguin on the tour. Evening will be back in the room.

22nd November

Our final full day, breakfast in the room if anything is left then off to Premium Outlets to hit the shops. I’ve lost a lot of weight so hoping to buy a lot of new clothes today. Lunch is at Chef Mickeys but it’s actually the new brunch. I think this might be an ADR we drop especially as it’ll be a rush to get back in time. Afternoon is planned for chilling back at the pool or hotel activities. We may swap round am and pm and shop in the afternoon instead and stay at the hotel in the morning depending on if we think it is swimming weather and what activities are on at the hotel. We’ll head to DTD for the evening to spend the last of the money in World of Disney and eat at Cookes or EoS. Then it’ll be back to the room to pack.

23rd November

Today we are heading home. First stop DTD to check in at the Virgin desk. Then headed to MK, I can’t go anywhere else on the last day. I might try and get BOG breakfast today if they continue it and lunch will be at Columbia Harbour House. We will probably watch the 3pm parade and then head to the airport. I’ll probably be crying at this point as we won’t be back until 2019.

Now all I need are my fast passes!

The plans look great. It gave me a real tickle that you are having breakfast at 'Ohana on my birthday.

Corinna

Jumping in :) I think your plans look great. I would LOVE to be able to go for 2 weeks, our longest trip has been 10 days. We'll actually be down there a few days with you as we arrive 11/20 and stay until 11/28 at BWV.

I love the name Freya :goodvibes Never heard of it until it popped up this year on a TV show I watch.

The plans look great. It gave me a real tickle that you are having breakfast at 'Ohana on my birthday.

Corinna

I will think of you when i meet Stich, it'll be my first time.

Jumping in :) I think your plans look great. I would LOVE to be able to go for 2 weeks, our longest trip has been 10 days. We'll actually be down there a few days with you as we arrive 11/20 and stay until 11/28 at BWV.

I love the name Freya :goodvibes Never heard of it until it popped up this year on a TV show I watch.

Our longest trip was 22 nights with a 4 night cruise in the middle so 18 nights onsite. That was our wedding trip though so i doubt we'll ever go for that long again.

Jealous of you staying at BWV as I'd love to stay there.

Freyas name was a very last minute decision but it suited her.

Hi, joining in! Your plans look great! We will overlap with you some as we are 11/8 to 11/14. I think the Contempo Cafe is very good for a quick service. And I bet Freya would enjoy watching the monorail go by while you eat. :)

your trip sounds like it'll be amazing, I cannot wait to see your actual trip report, do you plan on doing a live one, or one when you get home? either way I cannot wait to see it, Freya is beautiful :cutie: we are visiting next year with our son who will be 22 months at the time of our trip next so quite close in age to when your visiting WDW with Freya will be nice to see how things go, it'll certainly help me with my trip planning :D oh and I love love love Freya's wardrobe, it's epic and there is no such thing as too many outfits!! I have already started buying Toby's holiday wardrobe :oops:

I look forward to reading more, bet your getting so excited now its getting so close.

Hi Claire
Just found your PTR and excited to hear you are soon going back to WDW
Freya is such a cutie!
I'm sure she is going to love WDW as much as her mum!
Your plans sound great and your accommodation sounds like the perfect choice
Looking forward to hearing more about your plans
Lx

Hi Claire, I remember you from our Disney Bride days when we were both planning our weddings :). I have a two year-old girl now too. Your daughter is adorable and I'm sure she will love Disney just like her parents! Don't worry if she's a little scared of the character's at first. My DD was really scared the first day or so but after that she loved them. You are going to have such an amazing time!
-Sara

Hi, joining in! Your plans look great! We will overlap with you some as we are 11/8 to 11/14. I think the Contempo Cafe is very good for a quick service. And I bet Freya would enjoy watching the monorail go by while you eat. :)

Good thoughts on the monorail. I think I probably will cancel GFC.

your trip sounds like it'll be amazing, I cannot wait to see your actual trip report, do you plan on doing a live one, or one when you get home? either way I cannot wait to see it, Freya is beautiful :cutie: we are visiting next year with our son who will be 22 months at the time of our trip next so quite close in age to when your visiting WDW with Freya will be nice to see how things go, it'll certainly help me with my trip planning :D oh and I love love love Freya's wardrobe, it's epic and there is no such thing as too many outfits!! I have already started buying Toby's holiday wardrobe :oops:

I look forward to reading more, bet your getting so excited now its getting so close.

I will do my TR when i get home so i can relive my holiday.

Hi Claire
Just found your PTR and excited to hear you are soon going back to WDW
Freya is such a cutie!
I'm sure she is going to love WDW as much as her mum!
Your plans sound great and your accommodation sounds like the perfect choice
Looking forward to hearing more about your plans
Lx

Hi Linda thanks for reading along

Hi Claire, I remember you from our Disney Bride days when we were both planning our weddings :). I have a two year-old girl now too. Your daughter is adorable and I'm sure she will love Disney just like her parents! Don't worry if she's a little scared of the character's at first. My DD was really scared the first day or so but after that she loved them. You are going to have such an amazing time!
-Sara

Hi Sara nice to hear from you after so long. We've met a few characters at home lately and she's been ok.

Sorry its been so long since I updated. We are nearly at single figures now, 18 sleeps to go. I'll do another full update next week after I book our final FPs on Saturday.

We've paid off the hotel now, added some more money to our Caxton card and i've now activated it, we've got some dollars and I won another $250 Disney gift card so spending money is looking healthy. I've placed an order with Mockingjay Services for food to be delivered on the day we check in and I've some toys for Freya in my Amazon basket waiting to order just before we leave. We are collecting the Little People Disney range and you can get lots more of the range in the states.

I have continued not to book our seats as I've kept an eye on the seat plan and hardly any seats have been booked. I have continued to buy Freya dresses though, I don't know how i'm going to have her wear them all. I'm especially excited to seeing her in this one:

This week i've been concentrating on what to wear at our family photo shoot and I think that's now sorted. I've also been getting together bits to keep Freya busy on the plane. She got a Trunki for her birthday and i've been filling it with bits from the Poundshop etc. We've also downloaded some apps onto our tablet and gotten her some headphones, just need to download some tv shows now. We've also gotten her some ear defenders for during the fireworks.

What's left to do, write a packing list, finalise our plans, and pack, I think that's it but feel like i'm forgetting something. We'll take some food for Freya on the plane in case she doesn't like the kids meal i've booked her. She's just starting to get into the Princesses so we'll be watching some more Disney movies before we go.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter