Chilly's Happy Ever After Day 1

Chilly

RIP Tag Fairy
Monday 9th November 2015

After a very long time in the planning the day had finally arrived, we were going back to WDW after 5 long years and we were taking Freya for her first trip "home". Another 1st we were on the later 1pm flight from Gatwick so hadn't stayed over the night before. We had a good journey to the airport but then Mike went into the wrong car park so we had to go up to come back down again and into the right one luckily that didn't cost us anything unlike this past weekend when he did it again at Luton and it cost us £2.50. Bag drop and security were no problem and before you knew it we were in Weatherspoons for breakfast. Mike had a bacon butty, I had a sausage butty and Freya had toast. The staff were really nice and friendly, it felt like we were in America already. After we'd finished eating I popped into the duty free to get a couple of bits and Mike took Freya to the kids play area and I met them there. I'd never noticed it before but it was great and allowed Freya to run about safely.

SAM_5291_zps2b8vuwcm.jpg

SAM_5292_zpsmxxytryr.jpg

We boarded the plane and went upstairs to the bubble but Freya's toddler seat was missing however they had it onboard just weren't sure who was supposed to have it, not really sure why they didn't as i'd booked it, its a shame they've stopped this service as Freya liked the seat. Unfortunately we sat on the tarmac for an hour before we took off which was annoying. I got the chicken curry for lunch and Freya had the kids chicken nuggarts but she mainly had our cheese and crackers. Although Freya was pretty good on the flight it was hard to relax so I decided to just watch a film i'd seen before so it wouldn't matter if i missed anything. Freya enjoyed watching her little TV with the Frozen headphones i'd gotten her. For afternoon tea I got the chicken and bacon wrap, Freya was given a cheese and tomato wrap which wasn't very toddler friendly. Freya loved the plane journey which of course meant she didn't want to have a nap, at one point she fell asleep but when Mike tried to take her headphones off she woke up, but of course right on queue as we landed she fell asleep. This meant I then had to carry her through the very long security queue, so much for her riding on her trunkii. We got our luggage quickly even though we had to put it on again as we couldn't carry everything on the monorail. No queue at Alamo either so we were in our car and on our way quickly but unfortunately we went the wrong way out of the airport. We were using the Navmii app on my phone for the first time and it took a bit of getting used to. We thought we were going the wrong way but we soon recognised the roads and somehow only went through one toll instead of 2.

SAM_5295_zpsndhm5qse.jpg

SAM_5296_zpswzweysx1.jpg

SAM_5297_zpszqkngyzy.jpg

SAM_5298_zpsvjfwr3yz.jpg

SAM_5299_zpsbvxse6xd.jpg

SAM_5300_zps8oyrihe7.jpg

SAM_5301_zpsnq1yi67k.jpg

SAM_5303_zpswbwztbaf.jpg

SAM_5369_zps9er61wvb.jpg

SAM_5370_zpsj8aforvc.jpg

We checked into Bonnet Creek into our 2 bedroom apartment and asked them to deliver a high chair and pack n play to our room. Freya loved our accommodation and had a good time running about seeing where everything was. Time was getting on and we wanted to try and get Freya to bed but no bed yet just as i was about to ring them they rang us to say they didn't have any cots available. I wasn't very happy but not a lot could be done so I asked them to come and move the furniture in the 2nd bedroom so we could put a mattress on the floor. Mike settled Freya down to sleep while i unpacked and then the phone rang again saying they'd now found a cot. By the time it came though Freya was asleep so we left it and quickly followed her to bed ourselves as it was now pretty late.

Steps today 3415

What a pain about the cot! Not very organised at all. The place looks gorgeous though, I'd happily stay there. Can't wait to read day 2!

Checking in. It looks like on the whole you had a smooth trip. What a bonus that Freya enjoyed flying. The apartment looks great. It is a pain that they did not have a cot at first though.

Corinna

ooh apartment looks fab and so does the airport play area, your little girl looks so cute in her minnie top

looking forward to the next installment

Freya looks so cute in her outfit and i love all the new outfits you have bought her. I adore the Snow White play output, such a good idea as I often think how uncomfortable the little princesses look.

Looking forward to reading more.

What a pain about the cot! Not very organised at all. The place looks gorgeous though, I'd happily stay there. Can't wait to read day 2!

Yes i'd definitely stay there again if we couldn't afford a Disney hotel. Day 2 is now up.

Checking in. It looks like on the whole you had a smooth trip. What a bonus that Freya enjoyed flying. The apartment looks great. It is a pain that they did not have a cot at first though.

Corinna

Considering all the things that can go wrong on travel day it was great.

Following along

Thanks for reading.

ooh apartment looks fab and so does the airport play area, your little girl looks so cute in her minnie top

looking forward to the next installment

I was really pleased to spot the play area as kept her entertained.

Freya looks so cute in her outfit and i love all the new outfits you have bought her. I adore the Snow White play output, such a good idea as I often think how uncomfortable the little princesses look.

Looking forward to reading more.

So far Freya has shown no interest in wearing a princess dress so i'm glad i've not forked out for any.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter