Child's Dessert On Ddp

hmmchowell

My little princess!
Does anyone know if at counter service restaurants where your child has to order off of the child's selection on the DDP if all that applesauce counts as their dessert? My DD will flip if every dessert she has will be applesauce. Or do they let them get their combo meal and whatever selection they might want from the desserts they offer at that particular counter service place? Please advise! Thanks!

I was wondering this too. We are out numbered 2 adults-6 kids. Can you see it now, me and hubby have chocolate cake and the kids get apple sauce. Not going to go over well.

I have experienced and others have reported that -

If applesauce/jello/whatever is part of the combo it is not considered the desert. THey get to order a separate desert. They get a combo + a desert. I dont know though when you say oder whatever-some places limit ddp to certain deserts, I wonder if some might have limits for kids meals.

In December DD was a child on hte plan and she got a dessert in addition to what was with the combo meal.

Would be good to get feedback about specific CS meals that give kids particularly good non-applesauce options. Hope you get some responses, I'm interested too.

I do remember last yr on DDP at Pecos Bills DD meal came with applesauce (its yucky) but she also got the pb brownie..

They get a dessert. The applesauce is a side of the entree, and then they can order a dessert.

At least it was that way at all the CS's we ate at last year.

Pinocchio's village house we had an ordering confusion...but I put in my order for my meals then ordered 2 deserts (figuring that the kids already had jello). I didnt order deserts as I odered the meals. So the lady said you have two more deserts to order, you ordered 4 meals - okay so I dont know which desert went with which meal but I got 2 crispie treats, a canoli, and a cake.

Tusker house again I ordered all the meals (2 adult one kid which came with applesauce) and ordered 2 deserts and was told 3 meals 3 deserts...So again they werent put with any specific meal - I got 2 cheese cakes and a chocolate cake.

we made a special trip to Coronado Springs's Pepper Market and got kids meal that came with a cookie and i still hadnt figured out that I just plain get an extra desert so I had to be told yet again to order another desert. We had already gotten yogurt with our meal as one and so I just got a couple of crispie treats to go - choices were pretty limited when we were there but they are supposed to be better now.

ASMO food court I cant even remember what we got but I checked out the menus on Allears.net and most came with applesauce and we always got deserts for everyone.

The applesauce my daughter had at a CS was prepacakaged (like the Motts kind you put in your child's school lunch) and she liked it. It is part of the meal and you still get dessert. Also remember your meal credits are pooled together and you may order any meal off the CS menu, even for the kids. Your children will get a bigger variety my looking over the entire CS menu..maybe even share an adult meal and use the saved CS meal for a late night snack. The adult meals are very big too!

please please please not another thread destined to be 10 pages of yelling...if you feel you must share information you could pm the previous poster.

Last December our kids got a separate dessert in addition to the applesauce that came with the meal. At most, Columbia Harbour House, Pecos Bill’s Tusker House, and Electric Umbrella, they got the same dessert as the adults. However, at Sunshine Seasons, they had maybe only a choice between two items, one of which was a tollhouse cookie (their selection, I can’t remember the other choice).

Thanks for all the info! My DD will be happy as she is a dessert fiend like her mother!! :banana: :woohoo:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter