Children's waffle spa robes

Discussion in 'Budget Board' started by hollypoast, May 2, 2012.

1. hollypoast

hollypoast DIS Veteran

I'm looking for children's white waffle spa robes... cheap ones. My daughter wants to have a spa birthday party and I think I need to find the robes first before agreeing.

Any ideas where I can get them inexpensively? Hoping for about $3 each... possible?

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. mrudman

mrudman DIS Veteran

4. Cindy B

Cindy B <font color=blue>Have taken some furniture polish

Instead of robes, how about a head wrap? They might be easier to find and cheaper. I've seen head wraps at Christmas Tree Shop and the Dollar Store.

5. v.t.

v.t. DIS Veteran

You could also make towel wraps. If you can sew they are not too hard, just gather and add some velcro.

6. eyor44

eyor44 DIS Veteran

My DD had one last year. They used head wraps and then long towels, pinned, over their clothes.

7. rantnnravin

rantnnravin No room in the suitcase? U can land a plane in it!

the towel wraps are cute.
    my daughter had one with shoulder straps:goodvibes

8. woodkins

woodkins DIS Veteran

I would get nice robes for about $10 (they have them at Target, Walmart etc) and have the girls wear them for the party & keep them as their party favor.

9. Pesky

Pesky "Who's the monkey?!"

That or look at swim coverups. Those are often terry-cloth material and could pull double-duty.

10. hollypoast

hollypoast DIS Veteran

Thanks for all of the ideas! I planned on the girls keeping the robes but also wanted to give them other things too. I like the head wrap idea. Maybe I could just ask all the girls to come in comfy clothes and skip the robes all together. Hmmmm....

11. lindsmom

lindsmom DIS Veteran

We did spa birthday for dd10 and I had wanted to do the robes, but I felt they were too expensive. We ended up doing head wraps from Christmas Tree Shop - they have them at dollar tree sometimes too, since I don't think you have Xmas Tree. We ended up changing it to "chocolate spa". The girls also made chocolate lip gloss and took that home, we played a couple games and the winners took home chocolate / candy. Girls who didn't win got to pick huge chocolate bars to round out their favor packages.

12. MickeyP

MickeyP DIS Veteran

I, too wanted to do this for beginning of June. What other activities have you come up with? I love the lip gloss idea. What a hit that would be!

13. hollypoast

hollypoast DIS Veteran

So far I've only designed the invite... see below:

I am planning on having adults on hand to do mani/pedi's, maybe facials. I have some friends who are massage therapists that I may ask to do 15 minutes neck and shoulder massages, depending on the cost.

I also like the lip gloss idea, too.

14. The Iron Giant

The Iron Giant DIS Veteran

15. gillenkl

gillenkl DIS Veteran

You're telling guests to bring $5 so your child can choose her own gift?:confused3

16. lost*in*cyberspace

lost*in*cyberspace DIS Veteran

The invite is fine - asking for $5.00 for a gift is not. Super bad manners - don't do it.

17. MickeyP

MickeyP DIS Veteran

Wouldn't opening gifts be more fun for your daughter?

18. hollypoast

hollypoast DIS Veteran

I got this idea from Family Fun magazine. My daughter has way too many toys. I'd rather she just be able to get one gift after the party than a million at the party. The magazine article said that parents love it because it saved them time and money. (At past parties gifts from friends were easily worth more than $5.)

If not this, do you have any other suggestions on how to word it or alternatives... I would love to say "no gifts please" but I don't think my 5 year old will go for that. Any positive :) suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

19. The Iron Giant

The Iron Giant DIS Veteran

There is no polite way to dictate what people should bring as a gift.

If you want your daughter to pick out a gift after the party of her choosing then you should pay for it.

20. hollypoast

hollypoast DIS Veteran

Well, this is the disboards after all. :sad2:

21. MickeyP

MickeyP DIS Veteran

My son was invited to a party where they said, "No gifts, just bring food for the food pantry", and everyone brought food AND a small gift for the kid.

I heard one kid say, "My mom felt stupid not buying you a gift, so here". :rotfl: