Childcare

They have both, sort of.

The Grand Californian Hotel has Pinocchio's Workshop, kind of a daycare for children age 5+. It is available to anyone staying at one of the Disney hotels, but reservations are recommended to make sure space is available.

There is also a contract with an outside childcare company, Fullerton Childcare. I was looking into this option myself, but can't find much info on it, nor anyone who has actually used it...

Do they ask for proof of the child's age? Do you have to bring a birth certificate or on the honor system?

We have used Pinocchio's workshop three times. I'm not sure, but I doubt they ask for proof of age. My son was six or seven the first time we used it though so I'm not positive.

My son *loved* the child care. He even asked to go back the next night but we had to say "no, we want to spend time with you". :)

They will provide your child with a meal if you want, but it is just the standard disney food (nuggets, hamburger, hot dog). They have movies, toys and video games. The security is good. I've always felt good leaving my son there although we always have dinner in the hotel so we aren't very far. After dinner we picked him up and then went into DCA for the closing rides on Grizzly Rapids. It was during the fireworks in DL so it wasn't crowded and we could see a few fireworks from the top of the ride. We even got to ride alone for the final run! What a night.

I've only used in-room daycare at Disney World when my son was younger. However, I found that Disney goes to a lot of effort to make sure their outside contractors such as the day care folks are really well qualified and responsible.

Hope that helps!

:surfweb:

I read elsewhere that it's $13 per hr.
Also, GCH guests can book ressies 30 days ahead but DLH and PPH guests can sign up same day if room but no ressies ahead.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter