Child on DDP dining with others not on DDP??

jiminyfan

Daddy, Dreamer and WDWnut
Ok, I am going through all of the different questions and options on the DDP as it is included as part of our next vacation. Since, everyone is the room must be on the same package and we have a large gathering this will most likely occur during our vacation.

My son will want to spend time with his cousins, this will provide us the opportunity to have some free time to ourselves. If he is going to go and eat with them and he is on the plan, but they are not. How will this work? Does my niece (yes she is an adult) tell them to put his food on his card and pay for their food separately?

Thanks

As long as he had his resort ID, he shouldn't have a problem. I would definitely tell the server he's on the DDP and the others are not. The server would run his through separately from the others in the party not on the DDP.

Yes, I'd tell the server up front. They may even ask at the podium when the party checks in; she can just tell them one person is on/using the Dining Plan. That way, the server can run separate checks from the beginning.

He will need his resort ID card, or give it to someone in the group if you feel that is better. When the order at TS, they need to let the server know before ordering, your son is on the DDP, they are not. That will be all you need to do, they will get seperate checks.

Just be aware, that everyone in the group will charged the 18% tip due to one person using the plan.

I agree, no problem, just tell the server at the beginning what's going on. We are almost always a "mixed" group of discounters. Between DDE, DDP and CM discounts, we are always a challenge to the servers. So far, they always seem to get it right. Our last trip we were 3 groups all on their own DDP and four of us had DDE cards for the OOP expensives. We even used our DDE cards for our CM friends for dinner since they were under a dinner CM discount blackout. You can't tell the server anything they have probably not heard or experienced before. They just don't like surprises at the end of your meal.

He will need his resort ID card, or give it to someone in the group if you feel that is better. When the order at TS, they need to let the server know before ordering, your son is on the DDP, they are not. That will be all you need to do, they will get seperate checks.

Just be aware, that everyone in the group will charged the 18% tip due to one person using the plan.

Ok, I am confused if he is getting a separate check why is everyone else charged the 18%? I guess this is really for another post.

But, thanks on the other answer of the card.

Ok, I am confused if he is getting a separate check why is everyone else charged the 18%?
That's Disney policy: An automatic 18% gratuity is added to all TS checks on any table that has even one patron using the Dining Plan. You can talk with the manager about having it removed if you wish, but it will be automatically added.

My DS has done this with his DDP credits while we travel with other family members not on the plan or who have used their plan for signature dining and were out of credits. Things he now notes and has told his sister if she does the same thing:
Tell the server up front so they don't have to rework the bill.
Be sure the others you are eating with are aware that the 18% will be added so they are not surprised, and so they do not double tip.
Be double sure you are carrying your resort card--you don't want to get through dinner then find out that you don't have it!

That's Disney policy: An automatic 18% gratuity is added to all TS checks on any table that has even one patron using the Dining Plan. You can talk with the manager about having it removed if you wish, but it will be automatically added.

REALLY that did not happen to us when we were there in November. My Friend ate with us 1 night at Boma and they just did seperate checks.

Absolutely: They definitely do separate checks. However, they (almost always) apply the 18% automatic gratuity to the separate checks.

Absolutely: They definitely do separate checks. However, they (almost always) apply the 18% automatic gratuity to the separate checks.

They did not in our case. I carefully checked the bill because it did not seem right. They had forgot to charge for my 3 yr old.

Okay, thanks for the info. I'll update the FAQ to indicate that this isn't consistent.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter