Child-friendly excursions in Nassau, St. Thomas, and St. Maarten

aharbin88

DIS Veteran
I'm sure this has been addressed a ton of times before, but I was hoping to get some suggestions for excursions that my girls, ages 9 & 7 at time of travel, would enjoy on our RCCL trip in October. I can find tons of booze cruises for my husband and I to enjoy, but not as much for family groups.

TIA for any suggestions! :cutie:

Greycliff Chocolate Factory tour in Nassau.

Bernard's or Joyce Prince's tour companies in Sint Maarten/St Martin. (Those are independent of the ship but have spectacular reviews)

Not sure about St Thomas.

Cruisecritic has terrific "ports of call" forums for lots more info.

in St Maarten we booked a boat tour with Soualiga destinations when we stopped there on the Fantasy. My DD was 10 at the time but had a blast. You can check them out and see if it's something you might be interested in

Lots of rave reviews on the Blue Lagoon excursion in Nassau. We loved Atlantis even though it's quite pricey. We hopped in a cab at the port for $4/person and went over for the day.

In St. Thomas we did the ship excursion that took a catamaran to Abi beach. The beach is small but the only people there were those on the excursion so it was really nice in that respect.

Coral World in St. Thomas is nice, but IMO does not provide enough value for me to recommend.

If you fancy just going to a beach, a day pass to the Colonial Hilton (10-15 min walk from the pier) in Nassau is not bad.

Couple of ideas if the children like the water. On St. Thomas we like to take the excursion over to St. John and go to Trunk Bay. In is in a US National park and not only beautiful, but has an underwater snorkeling trail. All the gear is supplied including life jackets so you can float along. Directions and explanations are mounted underwater that can be read while floating (locals like to call us floaters with snorkeling gear the one-horned butt fish :fish::rolleyes:) On St. Maarten, We went on some neat little boats called Rhino Riders. It is a combination wave runner/rigid inflatable that is very stable. It can fit two people, so an adult can drive while the child sits behind. Take note that on this last cruise, we did not stop in Labadee. The wave runner excursion on Labadee might be a better deal

Haven't been yet but we've signed up for the Blue Lagoon excursion in Nassau. Our kids are around the same age as yours and the place looks very kid friendly.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter