Chicken Pox!!

Discussion in 'Disneyland Paris Trip Planning & Community Board' started by HappyPanda, Mar 14, 2013.

1. HappyPanda

HappyPanda Have faith in your dreams and someday your rainbow

As I mentioned in my PTR, there is currently Chicken Pox going around my Daughter's class. Yesterday, I find out that her best friend has it and last night DD was up all night with a terrible fever.

I'm now feeling it's just a matter of time until the spots start to appear :sad:. She's feeling absolutely fine this morning, which is the only thing that gives me a bit of hope. But as we are due to travel to DLP on Sunday, if it is Chicken Pox that will be our trip cancelled. :sad::sad:

I'm feeling horrible today, having to warn DD that this might happen and then to have her burst into tears because even if we rebook, it won't be until much later in the year and won't be for her birthday.

I think it's the unknowing that's the worst part... I mean we don't even know for sure that she has it but it's highly likely and feel like until the spots appear there's hope that the trip is still on -- but at the same time I don't want to get my hopes up. :(

Please send your good vibes and pixie dust our way. pixiedust:

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Christieand

Christieand Mouseketeer

Sorry to hear that :( there seems to be a lot of illness going round at the minute doesn't there? Really hope everything turns out okay for you. :goodvibes

4. MEK

MEK DIS Veteran

Sorry to hear that. When my kids got the chicken pox the younger one got them a full 3 weeks after the older one. So, maybe she will still be in the incubation phase.

If she doesn't get them could you consider getting the vaccine? I had chicken pox as an adult and it was possibly the sickest I have ever been.

Good luck with your trip. Here's hoping there are no cancellations in your future.

5. daiseyirl

daiseyirl DIS Veteran

Aw your poor things do bear in mind even if she doesnt breakout by sunday she still could while your there and you wont be able to fly back on time.

Dd1 had chicken pox a few yrs ago a few weeks before we were ment to go , luckly dd2 didnt get them as it was a birthday trip too!!!.

6. Suzi-Q

Suzi-Q Mouseketeer

Oh no :sad1:

Sending you loads of pixiedust:

7. HappyPanda

Thank you everyone, I'm not going to lie - I'm in complete bits today. Lots of random tears at my desk.

I've just spoken to my Mum and she's said that DD is still absolutely fine at the moment, no fever, no headaches and no spots. I just don't know what to do? Feel like we are in complete limbo at the moment. :(

I've priced up a trip for the 2nd week of November and it's coming up at about the same price we've paid for this one, so we could consider moving the trip to then.. but I just hate that DD (and my Mum) are going to be so disapponted. This trip is literally all she has spoken about for the last 9 months! :sad:

8. freddythebear

freddythebear Mouseketeer

Oh no I'm so sorry to hear this!

Sending lots of good luck vibes your way, and everything crossed for you.

The incubation period is two weeks isn't it? Have you worked out all the dates, was she in school then?

9. Isila

Isila There is a big beautiful tomorrow

I'm so sorry. Sending lots of pixie dust and good wibes!

10. jillrobinson

jillrobinson DIS Veteran

Sending lots of magic :wizard:

11. HappyPanda

She says her friend was in school 'last week' but can't remember which days and we got a letter from the school on Monday to say there was chickenpox in her class, so I'm assuming the girl came out with the spots sometime over the weekend.

Spoken to my Mum again and she said that DD is still fine, no fever or anything and still no sign of rash or spots. We're on spot watch now.

I'm feeling a little happier as my Mum has agreed that if she does have it, we'll definitely rebook for w/c 11th Nov. It's just knowing when to make that decision.. don't want to go up to London on Saturday night ready to go and then for her to wake up full of spots on Sunday.. or even worse while we are there.

My Mum is going to try and take her to the Drs this afternoon.. but not sure there's much they can do to diagnose it if there's no symptoms showing.

Thanks again for all the pixiedust and good vibes :hug:

12. daiseyirl

daiseyirl DIS Veteran

God really dont know!! They are contagious for 7 days before the spots and the 5/7 days with the spot until they crust over. Dont think you can work out the day your dd possible got infect it as it in a classroom so even if the bestfriend brought the infection in she could have passed it on to X +Y who could have passed it on to your dd if you get me .

Anyway best wishes and i really hope you get there and if not Nov will fly around again!!!!

13. HappyPanda

Exactly! I think we'll just have to take each day as it comes..at least DD is prepared that it might not happen and will just have to really sell Xmas at Disney to her instead!

14. honeyb35

honeyb35 Mouseketeer

Oh no, nightmare! Fingers crossed the dreaded pox stays away!

15. Cariadbach

Cariadbach Mouseketeer

Oh no,keeping everything crossed for you!

16. wiigirl

wiigirl DIS Veteran

:goodvibes

Fingers crossed!

17. Leahsmum23

Leahsmum23 Earning My Ears

Oh no so sorry to hear that you might not be able to go :( we had a scare the other week Leah was sick in bed for 5 days and in and out of hospital for drips but thank god she has made a full recovery in time for our trip tomorrow

Thinking of you and hopefully she doesn't have them and trip will go ahead :love:

18. HappyPanda

So DD has just been to the Drs and they have said that she doesn't have any fever or any signs of chicken pox - and that it's very unusual for the fever to only last a few hours and then for them to go completely back to normal with no other signs/spots/rashes. So they are pretty confident that it's not chicken pox and just a nasty cold.

I'm still quite hesitant to believe this, as I just don't want to get her hopes up un-necessarily, so will just continue to monitor over the next couple days and keep praying that they're right! :thumbsup2

19. Christieand

Christieand Mouseketeer

Fingers crossed!! :wizard:

20. cherrymarzipan

cherrymarzipan DIS Veteran

Ooh, this must have been a long day for you. :hug: I hope the doctor's opinion will reassure you a bit for tonight but I can imagine how you will be on tenterhooks over the next few days. Really hope your DD escapes the infection and wishing you good luck and pixie dust. :goodvibes pixiedust:

21. HappyPanda

Today has been horrendous :( just the not knowing that's hardest! Hopefully it will be fine!