Chew Tickets.....Do you believe they're given out based on age?

disneygrandma

Mickey Fan
I signed up for Chew tickets immediately when they became available to do so. I had read that they cater to groups, and being just my husband and myself I didn't want to get my hopes up. But then I started reading about all those people that are just 2 tickets and they were chosen, some with 30%. I had 40% and while that's not great, it does beat 30%.

Then I really really looked at the audience in the NY studios. It seems like most everyone is in their 20's to maybe 50's??? I gave my birthday when I signed up for tickets, and I'm late 60's. My husband is older. Now I'm wondering if age could be the reason why we are being overlooked. I'm curious to know the approx age of those that have received tickets....either this year or last.

We are so disappointed. We added 2 nights on to our trip so we could do this. I wish they would just assign the tickets based on when people applied. We're going ahead with our plans to arrive early, just in case. However, I don't think silver-haired grannies are the audience they want.

Did you receive notification that you have received tickets? Do you know someone who did? What about last year? As I said, I'm curious to know the approx age of those receiving Chew tickets. Are they singling out the younger crowds? If so, then I probably have no chance at all......even for last minute notification.

I got tickets. 40% profile. Age 47. I really think it's random. I am so thrilled I got tickets. It's a bucket list thing for me. I am literally flying in just for this. I'll be in Orlando less than 24 hours

I read in another thread that if you didnt get chosen to receive the f&w tickets you can still go in the standby line and can be let in since not everyone with tix show up.

I also read that there will be a possible stand-by line. However, seeing as I signed up on the 1st day possible for tickets, and we weren't picked, I doubt that we would get picked in a standby line.

With the 40% being equal........I believe they would rather have a 47 yr old audience member instead of a 67 yr old one. I've always wanted to attend a live taping at WDW, but they are usually done at times when it would be impossible for me to go. With the Chew this year, we just needed to add on 2 days earlier than what we had planned. However, I hadn't figured in the age factor that it doesn't matter how big of a fan I am, it's how old I am that will determine if I get the tickets or not. Possibly if my profile was a higher number? But it's not.

Can you tell me about this? How do you get a profile number? I know the show but how they pick the audience is completely off my radar.

Can you tell me about this? How do you get a profile number? I know the show but how they pick the audience is completely off my radar.

I think "profile number" is how much of the questionnaire was filled out. Meaning op only completed 40% of the questions. I could be wrong.

When you go to their website (1iota) and fill out the form for the tickets, it gives you a profile score. My 40% said I was a "Rookie". I have no idea how they score these. However, I had read a post from someone with a 30% who had received tickets a couple weeks ago.

On the 1iota site your Ranking...
"Rookie, All Star etc" and % number refers to how much of your profile you have actually filled out.
You are required to make an account. After I made my account I answered most of the profile questions.
(After you log in click on "Profile' right underneath where your picture would be if you choose to upload one)
Since I completed most of the Profile answers, my rank is All Star and % number is 75.
My profile is 75% completed (I didn't add a photo or connect to twitter)

I made my account before you could apply for tickets so my account would be open & ready when it went live to apply for tickets to the Epcot tapings. I applied for tickets for every show, as soon as it went live to apply for them and have been listed as waitlist until this morning.
Every day I have been logging in to see when it changes to from "Waitlist" to "Confirm ticket" status.
When I logged in this morning it showed that I have a confirmed ticket for the 1st show on Oct 5th.

I had to click to confirm the ticket then it gives you a link to Print your ticket.
Now the Confirmed ticket is listed on top of the others that are still showing "Waitlist."
I'm 46 and I'm going solo.
Hope that info helps!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter