Chefs, you let me down

Lydia thats interesting. Iys one point on dlx ddp. So i guess you could say its not worth as much. But, is that any less of a reason to serve unequal stuff. From a chefs perspective everyone is my critic. I have to serve joe from wisconsin the same level meal as Eric Ripert dont I. I mean in all fairness. So its a shame that the one point places get hurt like that. It was the omly one point donner we ate there and it was worth far less than half a 2 pointer

We liked the bread last year but maybe it has changed since then. We also liked the creme brulee. I do advise people to order the sauce on the side with the profiteroles: ours came drenched in chocolate syrup and it was really too much.

Don't get nervous people, I would keep your ADRs and maybe you'll have better luck. There are worse places to eat than Chefs, for sure.

We went to Chefs de France on both of our trips. (Both lunches) The first time was great. We really liked the noodles and cheese sauce (french style mac and cheese) and the ham and cheese sandwich.

When we went our 2nd time, we got the same things and they were really not very good.

Both were bland and unappealing. We decided that we will skip it on our next trip.

This is how I feel to a certain degree about every World Showcase restaurant I've visited. People rave about the "unique dining" here but I don't get it at all. I live in Fort Lauderdale, so a pretty fair access to many international cuisine restaurants, and nothing in Epcot stands out as very special to me. I've not eaten at Les Chefs, but the sushi in the Japan pavilion was fairly mediocre for example. For all of the restaurants, I feel I can get much better whatever-country cuisine in my own area.

The exception might be Le Cellier, I enjoyed my meal there and I've never been to a Canadian restaurant here, don't know if one even exists.

I just don't understand the excitement of having exotic cuisine if it's all dumbed down and mass-produced. It is good for theme park food, but not for restaurant food in my experience.

Well le celier is a steakhouse. So its pretty fair game. Tje restaurants at world showcase are not amazing anymore. But when they debuted they were. Its a shame.

I have to agree with OP. We ate at CDF on our last trip and I was so disappointed. It was so bland. I wish they would up the stakes a bit on the international cuisine. Do they really think Americans can't handle a more authentic experience? I am finding more and more that in order to get a good meal in WDW, you have to go to a signature restaurant.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter