Chef's Tasting Wine Dinner @ FF

Discussion in 'Disney Restaurants' started by OhThePain, Apr 26, 2011.

1. OhThePain

OhThePain DIS Veteran

My girlfriend and I just booked this for our upcoming trip. Flying Fish is currently our favorite restaurant on property, so this seemed like a no-brainer this time. Has anyone done this recently to shed some light on the types of dishes served? How was the experience? Feel free to add in anything else.:thumbsup2

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. OhThePain

OhThePain DIS Veteran

Just going to give this a little bump. :goodvibes

4. rhodymom

rhodymom Mouseketeer

I have never heard of this and am completely interested in hearing more.

5. Redwitch

Redwitch DIS Veteran

We are booked for our third time in May. Our most recent menu (December) was:

Amuse Bouches ~ Belize "Laughing Bird" Shrimp-laced Parsnip Crema: Spiced Creme Fraiche, Crispy Serrano Ham and Basil-infused Oil.
    Paired with Lucien Albrecht, Cremant'd Alsace NV
    1st Course ~ Miso-cured Yellowfin Tuna and Jonah Crab Roulade: Tiny Greens, Spiced Palm Hearts and Epcot Land Pavilion Cucumbers, Stanley Farms California Finger Limes, Tobikko and Asian Vinaigrette
    Paired with Laurenz Singing Gruner Veltliner, Austia 2008
    Fish Course ~ Pan Roasted, Fragrantly-spiced Local Bay-boat Red Grouper: Pan Roasted Chioggia Beets, Sun Chokes, and Young Radish With a Citrus-Shellfish Butter Emulsion
    Paired with Blaues Haus Chardonnay, Burgenland-Austria 2005
    Intermezzo ~ Cassis Ice
    Main Course ~ Oak-grilled Colorado Lamb "Porterhouse:" 5 County Cheddar Potato Gratin and Duck-roasted Chanterelle Mushrooms with a Truffle, Cassis and Red Wine Reduction
    Paired with Alpha Domus Navigator Bordeaux Blend, Hawkes Bay 2006
    Dessert ~ Ginger-laced Genoise Delice Fantasie: Eggnog Ice-cream and Chocolate Accents
    Paired with Saracco Moscato d'Asti, Piedmont

We love it! You have a dedicated server and the chef often is "your server." The interaction is wonderful. Have a wonderful time!!!

6. gretchenohar@hotmail

gretchenohar@hotmail <a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/" targ

WOW! Thanks for posting the question, OP - and thanks for the response, redwitch!
    Sounds to die for.
    Never heard of this option before, but will definitely check it out now.

7. jodifla

jodifla WDW lover since 1972

how much is this?

8. TheRustyScupper

TheRustyScupper You can observe a lot by watching.

Just under $150/person after tip.

9. OhThePain

OhThePain DIS Veteran

For my girlfriend and I the cost came to $314 and change for both of us ($157 each) including tax and gratuity. The price in October is slightly more than the price now. The few pictures I have tracked down and few reviews I have been able to find make it seem like the cost is a bargain.

Redwitch, your most recent menu looks fantastic. Enjoy it again later this month (unless you already went, in which case do share :thumbsup2)!