Chefs or Le Cellier?

headoflife

Mouseketeer
We, well really me since I have been put in charge, are trying to decide which of these to choose. I have looked over both menus, and think they both look great! The lighter atmosphere and desserts are swaying me toward Chefs, but Le Cellier gets such great reviews that I am reconsidering. It will be me, DH, DS10, who is interested in trying new things and is not much of a carnivore (likes chicken, salmon, and burgers though), and DD7, who likes the usual kid foods, but also lamb and lean beef. What would you do?

I'm probably not going to be much help, but I wanted to tell you that we booked both of these restaurants for our August trip. They both sound great! However, if you have to pick just one, your kids might feel more comfortable at Le Cellier due to the food selections. However, if they like trying new things I would go to Chefs. Good luck, have a great trip. :flower:

Okay, I have a question? how do you get your kids to eat so well?

salmon? lucky you..
I would have to pay my kids $1000 to eat salmon or lean beef

We love both of these restaurants, but our favorite of the two is LeCellier. DD (age 8) prefers it too. We are huge meat eaters and especially love the bread. The cheese appet. at Chefs is really good though too. I think you'd like either, but we find Chefs. to be the fancier of the two in our opinion and LeCellier seems really family oriented and laid back. Enjoy whatever you choose, you really can't go wrong between these two.
Lisa
Tiger Fan

There's a really nice selection of food at Chefs, your kids should like it there.

We much prefer Chefs. :sunny:

I think you should go with Chefs. We went in May with DS 5 and DD 17 months. Their favorite restaurant (compared to Teppanyaki, Concourse, Le Cellier and Kona). We had two orders of escargot. My son polished off 1 1/2 orders of the escargot alone. Then dipped pieces of the bread roll in the yummy garlic, parsley, and butter juice. Fun for him to use the tiny forks to fish in the circular compartments on the escargot plate for the snails.

Then the entrees were duck leg (tender and juicy) and lamb shank (fell off the bone with a poke). The desserts were yummy too. If you have early dinner ADR or can ask hostess at the podium for a table in the windows room (window glass for wall on one side of the restaurant- fun for kids to look out and people watch, plus plenty of light to enjoy the atmosphere). Feels like you really are in Paris!!

I really appreciate the input. I never really think of my kids as good eaters, but compared to some of the people who post regarding their picky eaters, I should count my blessings :flower: . I actually do, particularly because my DS has Aspergers and kids on the spectrum can be notoriously picky about food. We run into some texture and smell issues, for example he simply will not eat at Cosmic Rays because the last time we were there it smelled really awful, but over-all it's not a problem.

went to both last week on the dining plan - loved both!! service GREAT at each. cellier cool b/c the kids can order appetizers off the adult menu. our "kids" (wink wink) chose the cheese plate. of course, they didn't touch it, but i gobbled it up. yummy!!

chefs was so good too. the wait staff was very friendly and accomodating. i hate to admit it, but my steak at chef's was better than my steak at le cellier. i learned it is b/c i ordered it medium at le cellier and it was overcooked for my liking, but i changed it to medium rare at chef's and it was much better.

which way to go? can't go wrong with either one. if you have young kids, you will get more appetizers at le cellier. but, having an actual french waiter kind of trumped that for me. so i lean slightly to chefs.

Jan,

Were you unable to get appetizers for the kids at Chefs? I saw several that my children would enjoy on the menu. Thanks for the info!

Muriel

we are wimpy and don't really push things. so, we asked "what do the kids get" and he said (nicely) "something off the kids menu". we did not directly ask. if my kids were the ones who would have been eating some of it, we would have asked, but since it would really have been 4 appetizers for the two of us, i didn't push it. at le cellier the extras were offered or we would have never known.

enjoy.

I hit New Thread while in this one and it treated it as a Reply. SORRY! :crazy:
Both are very good. :)
We eat at Le Cellier this coming Saturday. We have eaten there in awhile.
You can't go wrong with either.

I am leaning toward Chefs, but am still looking for input. Thanks for the info Jan. I was thinking we would probably pay for DD7 out of pocket and use her meal credit toward the Hoop Dee Doo Revue. DS10 is considered an adult, so he will be able to order anything, and I am sure between the four of us that will be plenty of food. I think this is something people who are planning on dining there should know. I am also a don't make waves type, but I know they are supposed to let the kids order off the adult menu for appetizer and dessert if there are none on the kid's menu, and it would be nice if the restaurants made that clear to diners.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter