Chefs dr France Prix Fixe

Discussion in 'Disney Dining Plan' started by nursegrl507, Feb 18, 2013.

1. nursegrl507

nursegrl507 Earning My Ears

I am interested in Chefs de France prix fixe menu but is that covered on the regular dining plan?

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. B-Ride

B-Ride Getting My Disney Fix

It was when we were there in August. I had a fabulous Lobster Bisque, the Mac and Cheese which I love and a Creme Brule for Dessert.:love:

4. merina888

merina888 Mouseketeer

I believe there is an additional OOP charge for prixe fix meals on the dining plan/

5. wdwfan1

wdwfan1 DIS Veteran

Last time we had it there was no additional charge. Things may have changed.

6. tgropp

tgropp DIS Veteran

I was there last week .and used the meal plan for the prixe fix meal...French Onion soup, salmaon and creme brulee. In fact all six members of our group dined with that option and had no problem. We did confirm it with our waiter before we ordered to avoid any surprises.

7. purple figment

purple figment DIS Veteran

Yes, the prix fixe is on the Dining Plan, but no substitutions are allowed. It is one way for people on the DDP to get an appetizer with their meal.

The only prix fixe menus with an upcharge for those on the dining plan are Marrakesh and Monsieur Paul.

8. nursegrl507

nursegrl507 Earning My Ears

thank you so much everyone!!!! Def making a ADR there now!

9. TDC Nala

TDC Nala <font color=red>1937, what a year that was<br><fon Moderator

Yes, it is covered.

There is no additional charge, but no substitutions are permitted.

Currently the only restaurants that have surcharges above and beyond the DDP for fixed price meals are Marrakesh and Monsieur Paul. There is no universal upcharge for all fixed price meals. I realize a lot of posters are relying on the paragraph in the brochure that mentions surcharges for fixed price meals, but I maintain that paragraph can be read two ways - one is that there will be a surcharge for ALL fixed price meals, and one is that certain restaurants MAY have a surcharge for fixed price meals. The second interpretation is the one that seems to be followed.

10. ginny_lynn

ginny_lynn Mouseketeer

Thanks for asking this! Will definitly be making a reservation there! That Mac adn Cheese looks soooo good!

11. jennylyn_b

jennylyn_b Disney Fan for Life :)

It is incredible! Enjoy.