Chefs de France or Le Cellier?

WillieBearsMom

Mouseketeer
I have ADR at both, but can't decide which one we'd rather have. We've never been to either. I'd really like to cancel one because we don't want to pay OOP since they're both rather expensive. Which one would you keep?

:) I think I would pick Chefs. Everyone loved it last year, we have also eaten at LeCellier and it wasn't as memorable. Plus it was great meeting Remy.

Le Cellier is the much harder reserv. to get. And if you enjoy steak that is the place to go. However, I have been to both and enjoyed both for different reasons. Love Chef de France...felt like I was in a busy Paris restaurant and the food was very good. Le Cellier was more dark and cozy...Chef more hustle bustle, and love the accent and service.

Le Cellier is where I would go if I wanted steak and Chef de France if I wanted to try a more adventurous French style cooking.

Both choices are good, you will have a great time which ever one you settled on.

I just ate at both Chefs and Le Cellier a couple of weeks ago and both are good. I always enjoy eating at both restaurants, but this time I did not care for the flat bread I ordered at Chefs, but the onion soup was so delicious that it made up for it. But if I had to pick one over the other, I would probably choose Le Cellier because I have always liked everything I have ordered, especially the cheese soup and pretzel bread.

I've been to both restaurants and would pick Chefs de France over LeCellier. The food is good at both, but the service is much, much, much better at Chefs. We also waited over 45 minutes past our ADR time to be seated the last 2 times we ate at LeCellier. Not acceptable. Chefs is a much better "overall" experience. ::MinnieMo

I'm sorry to report this, because I absolutely LOVE Chefs de France, BUT and this is a huge but, we ate there on Tuesday, and I was extremely disappointed. The first time we went to Disney, we were meeting friends and just happened upon it, walked in and had one of the most fabulous meals ever, so I made sure to eat there next time, which was just as good. This time, I made ADR, and the food was mediocre. Our server was very sweet however, so I have to give him props. The food was not seasoned well, my husband's beef was VERY overdone. My husband LOVES escargot, and he said they were just "ok." My food was worse. I left a good portion of it on my plate. The best part of the meal was the green beans which were very simple garlic seasoned and steamed. I was really let down because it was the only place we were going just for me and I had such good memories of the delicious food there.

So, obviously, I'd vote for La Cellier. I am really hoping that they were just having an off night or something because if the food there is the same level that we had now, I am never going back.

I'm sorry to report this, because I absolutely LOVE Chefs de France, BUT and this is a huge but, we ate there on Tuesday, and I was extremely disappointed. The first time we went to Disney, we were meeting friends and just happened upon it, walked in and had one of the most fabulous meals ever, so I made sure to eat there next time, which was just as good. This time, I made ADR, and the food was mediocre. Our server was very sweet however, so I have to give him props. The food was not seasoned well, my husband's beef was VERY overdone. My husband LOVES escargot, and he said they were just "ok." My food was worse. I left a good portion of it on my plate. The best part of the meal was the green beans which were very simple garlic seasoned and steamed. I was really let down because it was the only place we were going just for me and I had such good memories of the delicious food there.

So, obviously, I'd vote for La Cellier. I am really hoping that they were just having an off night or something because if the food there is the same level that we had now, I am never going back.

What did you order for your entrees? we have ADRs at chefs on our first night and want to avoid any "weak" dishes.

What did you order for your entrees? we have ADRs at chefs on our first night and want to avoid any "weak" dishes.

My husband ordered the escargot and a steak dish, although I am not sure which one. I had the onion soup and the duck. The onion soup was good, although not the best I've ever had. The duck was just awful. I really like duck, but it has to be prepared exceptionally well. I left most of the duck on my plate. I did eat the confit leg, but you'd have to be a pretty bad chef to mess up a confit leg and it wasn't all that great either. Husband tasted the duck and didn't like it either, so it wasn't just me. Both of our entrees were underseasoned and overcooked. We did like the sides.

I enjoy the atmosphere of Chefs so much more than LC.

LC was just "ok" in my book. The highly touted Cheese soup was reallllllly salty and the steak was adequate but nothing that I'd write home about. The breads were good. I will say it's aptly named because is was like eating in my basement with a bunch of strangers practically sitting at my elbow.

Chefs is an entertaining place to sit--especially at a window seat--and people watch. The food is usually very good. My DH would do battle for the creme brulee:goodvibes

Enjoy whichever you choose. :wizard:

Le Cellier
DSC00391.jpg
smiley-thumbsup.jpg

I would avoid Chefs we were there in Dec. my mom, dad, DH and DD and this was the worst meal of the entire trip for all of us. The bread was stale and the waiter just laughed. A couple in the basket were ok, but mine now I love crusty bread but I pounded it on the table and it was like a rock. My mom and I also love onion soup this was just ok not a lot of flavor. The entree were dry. Maybe we were there on a bad day.

I would avoid Chefs we were there in Dec. my mom, dad, DH and DD and this was the worst meal of the entire trip for all of us. The bread was stale and the waiter just laughed. A couple in the basket were ok, but mine now I love crusty bread but I pounded it on the table and it was like a rock. My mom and I also love onion soup this was just ok not a lot of flavor. The entree were dry. Maybe we were there on a bad day.

It must have been an off day as I have been there 23 times and each time not a problem ????

lecellierbread.jpg
lecelliercheesesoup.jpg

This is the only thing I miss !

tailssign.jpg
tailsmenu.jpg

beavertail.jpg

I've been to both restaurants and would pick Chefs de France over LeCellier. The food is good at both, but the service is much, much, much better at Chefs. We also waited over 45 minutes past our ADR time to be seated the last 2 times we ate at LeCellier. Not acceptable. Chefs is a much better "overall" experience. ::MinnieMo

I would agree that LeCellier really keeps you waiting, but IMHO, that is more bad planning than bad service. Maybe they book too many ADRs because they know how difficult they are to get. Everytime we have eaten at Le Cellier the staff have been very friendly and the service has been great.

I would keep Le Cellier, because it is a harder reservation to get. But both are great rest.'s. We eat at Le Cellier twice each trip and also squeeze in Chefs as well plus some of our other favorites!!!

If this were five or six years ago, I'd say LC hands down.

But, things have changed. IMO, the quality of LC has taken a bit of a nose dive. It's not terrible by any means, it's just not like it used to be. I suppose you could say the same for most restaurants at Disney since the evil DDP took over.

I think Chefs is a better choice these days. But, it really comes down to which menu appeals to you the most.

I have ADR at both, but can't decide which one we'd rather have. We've never been to either. I'd really like to cancel one because we don't want to pay OOP since they're both rather expensive. Which one would you keep?

Since it's near impossible to et LeCellier - I'd suggest trying that. The cheese soup is spectacular as well as the pretzel bread. Personally, I though Chefs was blah.

I vote Les Chefs...Le cellier is meh and overrated.You can find better steaks at home probably

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!