• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Chefs de France on Our First Night?

sophie832

F&W Addict
I posted a thread similar to this one a while back about the timing of a CRT dinner ADR on our first night in, and the DISers recommended not to have a credit card ressie for 3 hours after our flight lands, so I switched CRT to a different day. However, we are staying at POR on that trip, so bus time was also a factor, plus CRT is prepaid and we would get charged even if we didn't show.

Now I've been rethinking our ADR at Les Chefs for 7:40pm on our first night of our Dec. trip. Our flight is supposed to land at 4:45pm, and we're staying at YC, so we can walk to Epcot. Will we make 7:40? I just saw an 8pm availability. Should we switch? It's our first night, and our first time in Epcot, so I'm thinking it would be rough to hear Illuminations and not see it. I was hoping we might catch it from the restaurant area.

Still waiting on an answer...7:40pm? Change it to 8pm? Will 20 minutes even make a difference?

I would say if you can still switch it to the 8pm ADR then do that, possibly even later than that, if you can. Figure your plane lands at 4:45pm (that is, if everything goes according to plan and the flight isn't delayed), then walking over to ME and possibly having to wait for anyone else to board the bus before you leave for your resort, then after that it is a good 45 minutes or so for ME to get from MCO to WDW property, plus the fact that you may or may not be the first stop on their route so you will have to wait a bit longer, then lastly there is the whole checking in at your resort (even if you do online check-in, you still have to go to the front desk for to get your KTTW Cards and welcome packet) and then finding your room to drop off your carry-ons and whatever else you have before even heading over to IG. So in the long run, my point would be that the later the flight, the later the ADR IMHO. Personally, if I had that late of a flight coming in, I wouldn't even bother with a TS restaurant, instead do a CS some where (there are a ton of them in WS) and then snag a spot for Illuminations on the water. But whatever you do, have a great trip.

The later is better in my opinion. If there is any delay anywhere it will really affect your mood. Why start off the trip having things jammed up? I know it is important to get the most out of every second. But you are really setting yourself up for a bad experience cutting things close.

I say go as late as you can.

i agree do a cs the day you land. there are plenty around. When we go in May, we aren't doing a TS the day we get there. Instead we are doing a Crystal palace Breakfast the day we leave to make up for the TS the first day.

Thanks for the feedback. I am still going to think it over, but at the very least we'll do the 8pm and cancel our 7:40pm (whenever the system is back up, that is).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter