Chefs de France...if it's not in your plans, RECONSIDER!

I wholeheartedly agree! We at there on 9/15 and it was wonderful! Hopefully I can get my pics uploaded this weekend.

I ate there for the first time last year for my birthday lunch and everyone in our party loved it! Great food, very attentive service, and the wait and kitchen staff came out and sang something to me (that I assume was a French equivalent to 'Happy Birthday'...they could have been secretly insulting me for all I know :rotfl: ) with my dessert. We will definitely be trying this place again!!

We had an EXCELLENT meal there in June. Profiteroles for dessert--absolutely delicious!!

LOVED the onion soup...had TERRIBLE SERVICE as did many tables around us. We were all laughing about it though (we were all in FUN vacation mode apparently) and for some reason, the mishaps just seemed funny. My entree, the chicken, was VERY dried out and nothing special although I had the escargot and it was great too. DH had the rib which was about like the pot roast I make at home. The wine was good and the view and experience nice. Not sure if we'd go back for a full meal...maybe a light lunch of onion soup which was big enough for a meal!

We enjoyed the food, but our service was terrible. It was a shame that the kitchen staff did such a wonderful job on the food only to be let down by the front of the house. Our server would disappear for 15-20 minutes at a time. A meal that should have taken 45 minutes to an hour took nearly two hours. When questioned about the service his only reasoning was "it has been a very busy night and he was tired". Really, I do not care if you have personally served 1,000 guests.......if you can't do the job completely for every guest until the end of your shift, quit! OK, got that out of my system. :rolleyes1

Like I said, we loved the food and will go back but I hope the service is better the next time.

:thumbsup2

Chefs is one of our favorite restaurants at WDW. We've been to Disney twice since January and we've eaten at Chefs three times.

Always a good choice.

I have to agree! Even our kids loved it! We ate there during the firs week of free dining last August...the TS places were INSANE, yet somehow, our experience here was as if we were truly transported to France and it was great! Our server was Sonya, SOOOOOO nice and right on top of things, explained to the kids exactly what their choice was going to be like from a kids point of view...of all our choices that week...and we had a LOT, this was by far our favorite meal...follwed by breakfast at O'Hana's and I guess CM's...but honestly, those were all a bit rushed and crowded and the top notch attention from the servers was offa little bit, but not at Chef's. We ate there the day before our Anniversary, (ate at Kona on the real day)but we decided that Chef's was the better place and call that our Anniverary meal. I kid you not, the restaurants were literally mob scenes of both people w/ADR's and those w/out ( they didn't stand a chance) hot tired guests and servers, but Chefs remained wonderfully unaffected. We usually only do 1or2 TS on a trip to watch the budget and tried a bunch of TS during free dining...this is the one place we said we would gladly pay for to go to again!

Pam

DH and I ate at Les Chefs de France a few weeks ago. I wasn't expecting anything great (I didn't really know anything about this place; it was a last minute ADR that I made). But, we really enjoyed it. DH ordered the salmon and his salmon was melt-in-your-mouth.

I ordered the steak (I can't remember the name of it), and it was good, but not great. We also had the cheese plate which was fun to try. The French cheeses were pungent, but we really enjoyed them (and like another poster mentioned already, they did not tell us the cheeses until we asked). Our server was very nice and attentive. The atmosphere was kind of loud and very busy, but we liked it. It reminded me of a busy, popular French cafe.

Overall, we had an enjoyable meal and I would recommend it.

We've been having lunch at Chefs de France for the past 20+ years. In fact, it's the only restaurant that we have consistently visited without missing a trip. I love their tuna sandwich.

We've eaten at pretty much all WDW restaurants multiple times, with exception of slowly working through the Signature restaurants, and Chefs de France was one of our worst experiences ever. It was not busy, yet service was awful & kids' meal was horrible as was my hubby's food (my lamb was good). Waiter would only let us have water (we were on DDP), so we had to purchase our beverages, daughter's ice cream came to table melted & he wouldn't replace, and her chicken was raw & cold both times it was brought to table.

Not sure if we will ever try it again, Tiger

I'm glad that you enjoyed it! I love Chefs de France, I think it is one of the best! We like it much better than Le Cellier!

We ate there at the beginning of Sept. and I hated it. The rest of the adults like it. I ordered a pasta dish and it was bland and gross. I think a Stouffers tv dinner would be better than that.

The kids hated their meal.

The creme brulee was very good though!!

I am going to have to disagree. We had a terrible experience there in August. I am hoping the kitchen and our waiter were just having a bad night, but it was truly a bad experience.

You can read more in my dining review... see siggy.

My 2.5 year old DD says that it is her favorite restaurant at WDW, but then again, we have never actually eaten there! We are going in November, and hopefully she (and we) will like it. The dessert menu looks amazing!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter