chef mickeys

Discussion in 'Disney Restaurants' started by pep, Oct 29, 2012.

1. pep

pep Earning My Ears

Hi every one am new to this site so bear with me am on vacation in June 2013 am planning on doing chef Mickey for breakfast leaving my car on their lot goin straight to mk then picking my car up after fireworks has anyone done this before will it b ok with the hotel?

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. bigbabyblues

bigbabyblues DIS Veteran

Resort parking is for resort guests. You will only be given a 3 hour parking pass for your meal. You will either need to park at the Transportation Ticket Center and take the monorail to the Contemporary, then monorail or walk from there to the MK, or else move your car to the TTC after breakfast.

4. jlh512

jlh512 Johnny

You will get a 3 hour parking pass for the hotel. Your best bet is to park at the TTC and monorail it over to the Contemporary.

You could be towed if you stayed. I never heard of anyone being towed but it could happen.

5. catne

catne DIS Veteran

I have seen cars towed from the Contemporary lot...while we were staying there. It wasn't even busy (was a couple of years ago in January, after ML King Jr Day and FLorida was having record-setting cold weather. Parks were empty, as were the resorts.) Anyway, we were hanging in the room to watch the fireworks from our balcony because it was too cold to stand in the park. There were 3 tow trucks in the lot, loading cars up and leaving with them. None of them looked like abandoned junkers.

Have also been at The Polynesian when they were actively towing cars from that lot (same situation, can take the monorail from there to Magic Kingdom.) Have also had dinner reservations at the Poly and the Contemporary on busy Saturday nights where they not only gave a 3 hour pass at the guard kiosk, but they checked to make sure we really did have reservations...and warned us the tow trucks were already in the lot and towing anything without a pass or expired pass.

So, bottom line...wouldn't try leaving a car there all day UNLESS--you want to pay to have your car valet parked. That will cost you $14 regardless of how long you leave the car, plus a $2 or $3 tip when you pick up the car. WE have done this many, many times. It is very convenient to be able to park once, and leave the car. And after a full day in the park, it's also very nice to have someone go get your car for you. There is no limit on how long you leave your car valet parked, and they always have "room" for more valet park cars because they just park the valet cars farther away when necessary (two different Disney hotels have told me that there's no limit on how many valet cars they'll take.)

6. sephorachick

sephorachick DIS Veteran

When we ate bfast at chef mickeys we just parked at ttc and rode monorail to contemporary then got our car at ttc at end of night. So much easier to do.

7. owl0306

owl0306 Mouseketeer

you could always just valet park at contemporary. There is no time limit for that. that is what we do

8. pep

pep Earning My Ears

Thanks to everyone for your help think I might valet park

9. pep

pep Earning My Ears

Thanks to everyone for your help think I might valet park

10. SnapesGirl

SnapesGirl Mouseketeer

I'm curious as to when they issue the 3 hour parking pass at the resorts. In April we went to eat at the Polynesian and the Grand Floridian for supper. Both times we were asked for our dinner reservations, which I had printed out and they just waved us through. They didn't give us a pass or anything to put in the car. So do they always issue passes or just during certain hours of the day?

11. ghtx

ghtx DIS Veteran

I think the way it works is that if you don't have a resort parking permit, then they will tow you if you've been there for three hours. If you don't even have a restaurant reservation, then you won't even be let into the parking lot.