Chef Mickey's

Discussion in 'Disney Restaurants' started by mickeyholic, Dec 31, 2006.

1. mickeyholic

mickeyholic DIS Veteran

Has anyone ate at this character breakfast lately? If so, could you please give me your experience?

2. ThreeAngels

ThreeAngels DIS Veteran

:thumbsup2 We just had breakfast there in October for my DD's 7th birthday. We had a fabulous time! Took the bus to Magic Kingdom and were going to walk to CR. Our bus driver saw us walking, asked if we were headed to Chef Mickey's and drove us over there!

It was very crowded, but we had ADRs and were seated quickly. Our server was very attentive, the characters were great and the food was too. We had so much fun and would definitely do it again. :goodvibes

3. tlhewitt52

tlhewitt52 Earning My Ears

I ate dinner there last May, I thought the food was great as was the character interaction. We saw each character three times or so and they dance and let the kids wave their napkins in the air etc. I think it's a great atmosphere!! One to definitely try if you've never been. Liberty Tree Tavern also has the main Disney characters and their sit down family style meal was great too if you want an alternative!!

4. Avatar

Google AdSense Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  5. WDWFUN

WDWFUN DIS Veteran

We just ate there on Dec. 24th...We loved it! It is Mickey, Minnie, Donald and Goofy at the entrance, but Goofy does make stops around the tables at times.

6. Nancyg56

Nancyg56 DIS Veteran

We had this breakfast in August. For us, Goofy was at the entrance, and Minnie, Mickey, Chip and Dale made the rounds. We had a great time!

7. Eventer98

Eventer98 DIS Veteran

We ate here in August as well for breakfast and really enjoyed it..even more then Crystal Palace although both were good. More character interaction at CM's I think. We are trying it for dinner next time! :wizard:

8. rrkman

rrkman Mouseketeer

Ate there in may and was not impressed. I love breakfast food but didn't think it was very good. Also, there wasn't really any advantage to an ADR that day because it still took well over 30 minutes to get a seat...and that was at 9:30. Also, saw most of the characters once or twice but (I can't remember which one) one of them didn't even make it to our table before we decided to leave.

9. Luv Bunnies

Luv Bunnies DIS Veteran

We just had breakfast there on 12/17. We loved it! Mickey, Minnie, Donald, Pluto and Goofy made the rounds to all of the tables. The food was very good and there was lots of variety.

10. huntconn

huntconn "Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile."

I've never had the character breakfast there but we go to the character dinner there every year. It's a family tradition. My mom and dad who live in Florida, drive up for the occasion. We all absolutley love it. The food is good, the selection is large and varied and the character interaction is fantastic. The atmosphere with the monorail going by above is wonderful. Can't say enough good things about it really. We prefer character dinners to the breakfasts. It always seems less rushed, and it's a nice respite after touring all morning and swimming all afternoon. When we do the breakfasts, everyone (except me-morning person) is 1/2 asleep and/or in a rush to get to the park.

11. mickeyholic

mickeyholic DIS Veteran

Bumping, just booked this character breakfast!!!

12. babywewe

babywewe Mouseketeer

I loved it! However, I had a VERY early seating... I think 7 or 8am! I went with very little sleep and all the photos from it are not so great! I look like a walking zombie...
    If I did it again I would do lunch. It would be a great break from the parks midday. Just hop onto the monorail .... or a morning in the pool, lunch at chef mickeys and then go to the parks.

13. mickeyholic

mickeyholic DIS Veteran

Babywewe, thanks for your info!!! We do have a 7:30 adr, but we are all morning people.

14. hebbynan

hebbynan Chase and Eli's Mom

DH and I ate here for breakfast on our solo trip last October. We had a 7:00am adr. At first, we were a little leary about that early. But let me tell you.....we loved it! The restaurant was not crowded at all. And DH and I practically had the characters to ourselves. The only thing that we didn't care for was the loud music. But we expected as much as it was a very "exciting" place. The food was great and we made it to MK in time for the opening. We would do it again in a heartbeat!

15. bytheblood

bytheblood Guest

I did it in May. The character interaction was the best, but I do not really enjoy food that is swimming in grease. I did not like it at all.

16. mickeyholic

mickeyholic DIS Veteran

I just called to confirm my ADR... The kids have no idea!!!! I hope they are not disappointed with the meal!!!

17. mh1973

mh1973 DIS Veteran

do you have to have reservations?

18. raven69david

raven69david I am a Superuser. Got a problem with that?!

We did the same in August for Magical Beginnings and the experience was fantastic. Chip & Dale sat down with DD 2 and she scolded Chip for banging on the table with a knife. It was waaayyyyyyyyy too cute.:goodvibes Just do it and you won't regret it (your wallet will though):eek:

19. amery

amery I suffer from Griswalditus

CM was our 1st character meal several years ago.

Aside from it being very crowded back, I would chalk it up as organized chaos. The service was what you would expect at any buffet estbalishment and the food was very good. The Ear-shaped edibles were an especially nice touch.

We almost got roped into spending a hoard of cash for pictures but managed to get away with just the entry shot with Mickey. Unique setting given the proximity of the monorail a few steps away and overhead. This appears to be one of the more child-driven eateries in the world.

20. mickeyholic

mickeyholic DIS Veteran

Thanks for your info!

21. kimis

kimis DIS Veteran

We were there for breakfast in Feb and it was great. enjoy