Chef Mickey's - yuck. just back 10 minutes ago.

Discussion in 'Disney Restaurants' started by ubermama, Apr 9, 2012.

1. ubermama

ubermama Mouseketeer

Just got back from one of the worst Disney meals ever. Chef Mickey's was terrible. The food had no flavor, the wait staff was a joke and the character interaction was rushed. We would not go back. I could not believe how terrible the food tasted and the wait staff was some of the worst I've ever experienced. For the first time ever we undertipped and told ourselves that we would not be returning.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. jennyjinx3

jennyjinx3 DIS Veteran

:eek: so sorry you had this experience!!

4. mrs_noopie

mrs_noopie keep moving forward

So sorry to hear!

But thank-you for making me not feel so bad about not being able to get an ADR there...

5. TheRustyScupper

TheRustyScupper Just once, I want to see a liar's pants on fire.

1) I keep telling people to avoid Chef Mickey's.
    2) Now, you know why.
    3) Usually the service is better, but the food remains YUCK.
    4) If I were to rate the Disney-owned character meals,
    . . . Tusker House (L)
    . . . Tusker House (B)
    . . . 1900 Park Fare (D)
    . . . 1900 Park Fare (B)
    . . . Crystal Palace (B)
    . . . Crystal Palace (D)
    . . . Crystal Palace (L)
    . . . Ohana
    . . . Akerhus (all)
    . . . CRT (all)
    . . .
    . . .
    . . .
    . . .
    . . .
    . . .
    . . .
    . . .
    . . .
    . . .
    . . . Chef Mickey's (all)

6. staceylynnga

staceylynnga Mouseketeer

Was this for breakfast, lunch, or dinner?

There is not one nice thing you can say? I'm sorry you had a bad experience, but I'm surprised it was so awful that you can't find one redeeming thing?

we've never been but we do have breakfast ressies for our upcoming September trip. I had been holding off because I heard the food was not great, but my 2 year old loves Mickey. Figure it's a good start to our 2nd MK day. Plus I had read that it was alot of fun and that if any meal, breakfast was the way to go.

7. mommy2twinprincesses

mommy2twinprincesses Disney Addict

We love Chef Mickey's. In fact it is the only place DH insisted on doing again for our upcoming trip. So sorry you had this experience!

8. papamouse1

papamouse1 Still... Papa "MooMoo"

We have yet to do Chef Mickey's, and honestly, posts like this one have been one of the main reasons. It seems we have heard this scenario a lot more over the last couple of years, and there a just so many other great places to do instead... makes it easier to go elsewhere. Our kids are older so maybe that is why it's not as big a deal anymore (kind of like CRT for us...) :)

9. 2Pirates2Princesses

2Pirates2Princesses DIS Veteran

Sorry to hear that you did not have a good experience. We did a Chef Mickey's breakfast ADR and it was one of the highlights of our trip. The food was tasty, hot, and plentiful and the character interaction was great; the characters even came around twice! I wonder if the time of the meal has something to do with it (having a late dinner ADR), not that it is an excuse though for you having such a bad experience. The majority of unfavorable reviews I've heard about Chef Mickey's have been about the dinner.

10. LaurieN

LaurieN DIS Veteran

I'm not the OP but I've done both breakfast and dinner at Chef Mickey. I will never do dinner again, it was terrible (and the fact that it was Thanksgiving made it even worse!). Breakfast was good, I would consider going back on our next trip. As for the service we've had both good and bad, I think it just depends on your server and how busy they are at the time. I did find the characters to be very rushed compared to other character meals we've done.

If you go expecting the greatest meal you've ever had you will be unhappy, if you go expecting to have a good fun breakfast you will be very happy!!
    Laurie:goodvibes

11. Dziactor

Dziactor Mouseketeer

I have never done the dinner. I have enjoyed the breakfast many times. Cant get a reservation for May for it. Hope a spot opens.

12. goofyintoronto

goofyintoronto I really wanted to like it, but I didnt.

Cant say im surprised. Chef Mickeys is NOT very good, AT ALL! I found the quality of food to be poor, including the temperature of the food. The place isnt clean....and the characters took FOREVER to come around. They were cute thou. That was the only good thing about the place. I wouldnt go back.

13. one2admire

one2admire Mouseketeer

Our service is usually fairly decent but the food alone was bad enough for us to vow to not return.

14. Vickie46

Vickie46 DIS Veteran

We love Chef Mickeys and always have had GREAT experiences there! The food is our fav out of all the parks!

15. NancyIL

NancyIL DIS Veteran

I had dinner at Chef Mickey's once in 2002, and wasn't impressed enough to go back. The last character meal I had was breakfast at Tusker House in December, and it was very good. I think breakfasts are the way to go when it involves a buffet.

16. katieam1

katieam1 DIS Veteran

Sorry you had such a bad experience!! I have to say I also was not pleased with our dinner at Chef Mickeys this past trip and we decided we would not do dinner again. We have always liked the breakfast at Chef Mickey's so we tried dinner for my daughter's birthday dinner (her choice) my parents went we ordered a cake and the only thing any of us liked was the cake we ordered.

Hopefully the rest of your meals during your stay will get better!!! pixiedust:

17. LJD2143

LJD2143 DIS Veteran & DVC Member

We love Chef Mickeys!:banana:

My Tip: Do NOT go to buffets at the end of the evening or near the end of breakfast service. Earlier ADRs are better because:
    - the food is hot & plentiful,
    - the buffet is cleaner,
    - the CMs/characters are not exhausted yet,
    - kids are not melting down.

Just my 2cents!:goodvibes

18. danj1997

danj1997 Mouseketeer

We have heard so many bad things lately that instead of breakfast at chef mickey's we are giving cape may a try on our June vacation. I know Mickey isn't there but Minnie is and I have been told by friends of ours that the food is much better and everything is more laid back with good character interaction. My daughter is still very excited and to see Mickey will will wait over at the Animal Kingdom to see him.

19. cantwaitvaca09

cantwaitvaca09 DIS Veteran

I can say the same thing as you. We did dinner in 2006 for DD bday,
    Cake was good.. serivice SUCKED. food was ok, not worth the $$$ dinner bill.

I have done Cape May breakfast it is good.

Were are doing 1900PF Breakfast, I have heard it was good. Hoping it is.

20. danj1997

danj1997 Mouseketeer

We are going to try 1900 Park Fare for breakfast as well this trip. Dinner was okay last time but my daughter wants to see Mary Poppins instead of Cinderella this trip.

21. shell8558

shell8558 DIS Veteran

We have never had a good experience with Chef Mickeys. Usually the only plus is the interaction with the characters, but it sounds like that is going downhill too.