Chef Mickeys or Cape May - Breakfast

Discussion in 'Disney Restaurants' started by danjoan14, Jun 6, 2013.

1. danjoan14

danjoan14 Clang Clang Clang Went The Trolley

We're traveling with our neighbors in August and staying at POR with the Disney Dinning. We have two reservations for breakfast, but was planning on keeping only one. Looking for some feedback for Chef Mickeys vs. Cape May for breakfast. :coffee:

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Wood Nymph

Wood Nymph DIS Veteran

Cape May is really nice. The characters are fun, the food is good, and the atmosphere is relaxing. I would choose this one over Chef Mickey any day.
    :thumbsup2

4. ThumpersWorld

ThumpersWorld Mouseketeer DVC Gold

My vote would be for Cape May. Better food and more relaxing. Seeing the characters in beach attire is really fun...just keep in mind that Mickey is not at the Cape May breakfast, only Chef Mickey.

5. tb1972

tb1972 DIS Veteran

Between the two, I'd go with Cape May. Although I prefer Tusker House and Crystal Palace over Cape May.

6. PrincessSamanthaC

PrincessSamanthaC Mouseketeer

I agree, I without a doubt would chose Cape May over Chef Mickeys any day. Better food, Nicer atmosphere IMO.

7. DWillowBay

DWillowBay DIS Veteran

We have decided to do both on our upcoming trip. Chef Mickey's on our first morning and Cape May on our last morning. Nice way to start and end with "the gang". :grouphug:

8. jwfla422

jwfla422 DIS Veteran/Philly Native

We prefer Cape May much more because of food quality, comfort and even though there aren't as many characters they spend the time with you.

We were just there last month and had an excellent breakfast. Feel free to take a photographic tour of the buffet and and check out our breakfast experience.:thumbsup2

Our Cape May Cafe Character Breakfast Experience

9. Arthur92

Arthur92 Mouseketeer

Cape May hands down for me, but if I could do both in one trip Why Not go for it.

10. goofyintoronto

goofyintoronto I really wanted to like it, but I didnt.

Yup this is me. Exactly.

And this!

11. mickeynut1

mickeynut1 DIS Veteran

Cape May would be my choice. We like both, but Cape May is our favorite :goodvibes.

12. danjoan14

danjoan14 Clang Clang Clang Went The Trolley

Wow, great photos and review. Thanks so much. We do have a ressie for Cape May. Looking forward to it! :thumbsup2

13. cmorris303

cmorris303 Mouseketeer

We did both breakfasts on our last trip. The adults all seemed to like Cape May better. As OP have said, it's a more relaxed atmosphere. The food was good and so was the character interaction was very good. However, my two children LOVED Chef Mickey's. They loved seeing all of the Mickey characters there and in their classic outfits (even with the chef's clothes on top). This was by far their favorite breakfast!