Chef Mickey or Ohana ???

whalenj

Mouseketeer
Hi,

I have been trying and trying to get an earlier time for our Chef Mickey breakfast on departure day because I'm a little nervous that it cuts too close to our pick up time for the Magical Express. No luck so far. We have done dinner at Chef Mickey's before and the kids loved it so much we thought we would try breakfast.

I am considering trying to get a reservation for Ohana (or another character meal with Mickey that doesn't require park entrance) for breakfast at an earlier time. But, I need more info. Does Mickey show up with Lilo and Stitch? We really want to see Mickey on last time. Are there Mickey waffles? Is this breakfast worth trying? We have not eaten at the Poly before and would love to know what other people think. Is this comparable? I would believe the location is beautiful!

I will keep trying for Chef Mickeys.........but am running out of days to try!

Thanks!

We LOVE the Ohana breakfast. Yes, you get Mickey, Pluto, Lilo, and Stitch. There's the normal character breakfast meet-and-greets and a hula parade around the restaurant. I've never been to Chef Mickey's, so I can't compare the two, but we absolutely loved our breakfast at Ohana.

I would not be disappointed going to Ohana on MY last day :)

Ohana b-fast is our #1 must do!! They do have Mickey waffles!! It is a beautiful rest. with a beautiful view. They do a fun parade around with the kids. WAY better than chef mickey (in my opinion). A bit more relaxing too because its family style instead of buffet- so everyone sits and relaxes, and there aren't people running around everywhere.

I LOVE OHANA!!! One of our fave breakfasts! yes there's mickey and pluto. Theyre great! Stitch is also hilarious! The food is yummy, they have mickey waffles, and this yummy pineapple bread...and the juice is amazing! The rest of the food is pretty awesome. The atmosphere is gorgeous.

I've been to CM breakfast and I wasnt too fond of the food to be honest. the quality & selection was pretty bad. But the characters were pretty fabulous!!!

I would definitely go with Ohana. The food is much better and the overall atmosphere is much cleaner and calmer. Chef Mickey has been gross when we've been there. Inedible food everywhere, total chaos and a complete mess.

I would pick Ohana breakfast over CM any day of the week.:thumbsup2 I like the family style better, because buffetts are crazy with little kids. Also, I'm a big supporter of trying new places. You never know; you may just find a new must-do meal!:goodvibes

We were just at Chef Mickey last week and LOVED it for breakfast. It is on our list to do again.. Mickey waffles, french toast, pancakes fresh off griddle, hashbrowns, scrambled eggs, cheese omlets, saugsages, cereals, bagels, goofys breakfast pizza, fruit, yogurt, and more. I highly recommend it. It is loud and busy but it really is great. :thumbsup2

Ohana b-fast is our #1 must do!! They do have Mickey waffles!! It is a beautiful rest. with a beautiful view. They do a fun parade around with the kids. WAY better than chef mickey (in my opinion). A bit more relaxing too because its family style instead of buffet- so everyone sits and relaxes, and there aren't people running around everywhere.

Agreed :cool1:

Thanks for all the replies! :) I'm happy to hear so many positives about this breakfast. It makes me feel better!

I was able to get a reservation for Ohana's earlier in the day. I would feel more comfortable about getting back to the resort in time for the bus and be able to enjoy the meal and experience. I think the kids would prefer the food at Chef Mickey's, but they can still get waffles at Ohana's! And we get to say goodbye to Mickey. :sad1: I would love to eat at the Poly because we haven't ever done that.

Just have to talk DH into the MUCH earlier ADR..... :rotfl2:

One of these will be cancelled......

Thanks again!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter