Chef de France or Coral Reef???

blues2411

Mouseketeer
So I really wanted to get ressies for Le Cellier but no go.....so under pressure :eek: I chose Chef de France. Now I'm wondering if I should change to Coral Reef or even another TS at Epcot. Any advice???

I haven't been to Chefs, but we went to both Le Cellier and Coral Reef last year and all agreed that the steak at Coral Reef was better than the one we'd had at Le Cellier. So if you're looking for a good steak you may want to try Coral Reef.

We've done both and I'd have to say Coral Reef, though there isn't anything wrong with Chefs. We just prefer the atmosphere and steak at Coral Reef. :)

Althought We haven't eaten at Coral Reef, My family makes Chefs a Must Do. Excellent Menu

Coral Reef is great!!! I've eaten there 4 times, and it's a must do for our family. The service has stunk at times, but we don't let that ruin the magic for us. The aquarium is great, the steaks are great, the chocolate wave is great!!! We LOVE it!!!

We've been two Chefs twice and Coral Reef twice.

I think both are fine. This year, we're returning to Chefs but not CR because my kids really like Chefs better, though I'm okay either way. Chefs was one of our favorite meals last time.

We loved Coral Reef! Here's an excerpt from our TR:

Off to dinner at Coral Reef we go. We are early and have to wait, but it's totally worth it. I must say, if you ever get to request a waiter, Tony is awesome! This guy is worth his weight in gold. He keeps on top of my high maintenance family and then some. He laughs with us, kids around with us and gives us tips on things in the park and in the tank. He brings DD’s friend refills of Coke by 2's. The kids kept asking for the pineapple out of my alcohol drink and he would play games with them to get it. Now keep in mind these are 17 & 19 year olds and he has them totally entertained. When we ordered dessert he brought them each a bonus plate of pineapple. What a guy. I stopped by the desk on the way out and asked them to tell the manager that we will come back because of Tony.

Oh yes, the food. DSonIL had the mahi mahi and it was delish. DD19 & I had the pork tenderloin and it was very yummy. DH had the steak. DD’s friend had the salmon, DD17 had the chicken. All of the food here was excellent. Another place I'd highly recommend and go to again. Tony is a bonus :)

We love Coral Reef, although we've never been the Chefs de France (yet). The only caveat with CR is that it can be noisy; but it's never bothered me. I like the atmosphere, the tables are spaced out well and we've always had top notch service.

The food is very good, although dh was disappointed in December because the pork dish he ordered was tiny :)

We like both places. I think they are about equal but with different kinds of food and atmosphere. Look at the menus online.

I do think Chefs has a higher standard of service. We did not have bad service at Coral Reef but some long waits for waiter to return, and the unforgivable server error of not bringing the check to a table with a small child right when we are done eating so it's out choice if we want to linger or not...

I love both seafood and French food and both places never disappointed me.

DF proposed to me at Chefs, but I must say... I'm definitely not partial to their food or atmosphere. Though I know tables are always squeezed in at Disney, I honestly felt like they could not have squeezed us any tighter. DF and I didn't really enjoy the food... and it just seemed way too loud. Great memories, because I had an AMAZINGLY FANTASTIC proposal, but we won't be returning on our honeymoon.

We've eaten at Chefs, Coral Reef, and LeCellier and really prefer Chefs for the food and service and Coral Reef for the atmosphere. If I have to choose, it's Chefs hands down.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter