Cheers to Friendship! Oct 2012 Girls Weekend! NEW 4/13 Pg.10 - THE END

Then off for another ride Under the Sea!
181_zps61fa2a91.jpg

DSCN4073_zpsa72df1d9.jpg

Sorry, a little fuzzy…
DSCN4079_zpse5f93d21.jpg

DSCN4081_zps511cc87d.jpg

DSCN4083_zps35b9b468.jpg

DSCN4087_zps722a74ca.jpg

DSCN4088_zps036c23ca.jpg

DSCN4089_zpsd1b00bf8.jpg

DSCN4090_zpsecdb89d0.jpg

DSCN4091_zps90f9f1d4.jpg

The ride wasn't working as well this time around... it kept stopping. We must have stopped 3 or 4 times. The last time we stopped was at the unloading area... we were the very next car to be let off & they wouldn't let us off. It was fairly interesting because we were right next to the control desk/podium thing & we saw all kinds of CMs coming over to check things out. They finally let us out but I'm not sure the ride started back up anytime soon after that.

I guess Julie was causing trouble…
DSC02901_zps24b096dd.jpg

Me too!
DSC02902_zps8e62604c.jpg

We made our way to Splash Mountain next. Knowing that Julie & I didn’t like to get our hair wet, she brought us shower caps… or so I thought… until we tried to put them on. They were so small! Turns out they were food covers! :rotfl2:

Part way through the ride, we stopped! We weren't having the best luck today! They even turned on the lights!
182_zpsa854b37e.jpg

Then we stopped again! :headache:
184_zps9c9c5e8e.jpg

Redneck ride photos of us in our shower caps!
DSC02903_zpsbb53056d.jpg

DSC02904_zps64846dad.jpg

Photopass:
Photo1633FourBySix_zps5be59452.jpg

Photo1639FourBySix_zps7028795f.jpg

Continued...​

Then we did a little shopping at the Emporium & split up a bit. All of a sudden Julie is going crazy trying to round us up. Heidi was in the middle of something so she told us to go on without her… where to?? Julie found our favorite photopass photographer!!!!!!!! We met “Visitation” on our January 2011 Spectrum Moms trip & he took some amazing pictures of our group. Julie was lucky enough to run into him on a family trip sometime after that.

Unfortunately he was with a group. I think the family was going to be the grand marshalls of the parade & Visitation was going to be along with them to capture the moments. We asked if he could take some pictures but the group handler told us he couldn’t. But Visitation had other plans. He took a minute from the group & did a few quick pictures for us!!!!
Photo1658FourBySix_zps29cf4dc5.jpg

Photo1665FourBySix_zpsb551256b.jpg

Photo1674FourBySix_zpse25808cc.jpg

He is the best!!!

Finally we capped off our trip with a visit with Mickey!
DSC02905_zps6d7dc49c.jpg

DSC02906_zps146c7d9c.jpg

DSC02907_zps1999a2e8.jpg

DSC02908_zps1921726e.jpg

DSC02909_zps78a48d8e.jpg

DSC02910_zps98af4523.jpg

DSC02911_zps6c71bfb9.jpg

DSC02912_zps64cd18c2.jpg

Mickey Photopass:
Photo1676FourBySix_zps93371fd4.jpg

Photo1685FourBySix_zps0d7d42eb.jpg

Photo1690FourBySix_zps692cfef1.jpg

Photo1693FourBySix_zpse041fce8.jpg

Then it was time to head back to the Boardwalk to wait for our Magical Depress bus! We got ourselves organized at the Boardwalk & Julie got a message that her flight was delayed. We headed to the airport & Julie found out her flight was even further delayed. I forget what time she finally left, but she got home REALLY late! Fortunately for me & Heidi, we had an uneventful flight home.

And that’s it! Girls trips are so good for the soul! I'm trying my hardest to get back this fall with one of my oldest friends, Nicole. It looks promising, but we don't have specific plans yet. In the meantime... I leave for my next family trip in just 4 days!!! And I get to see Heidi (& family) and Julie (& DH)!!! I'm really excited to meet up with my girls!!​

Good one! I will have to look for it next time.

We made our way to Splash Mountain next. Knowing that Julie & I didn’t like to get our hair wet, she brought us shower caps… or so I thought… until we tried to put them on. They were so small! Turns out they were food covers! :rotfl2:

Part way through the ride, we stopped! We weren't having the best luck today! They even turned on the lights!

Food covers? Too funny! :laughing:

Splash Mountain does seem to have its share of troubles. It is interesting to see it in the light, though. We had to walk off right at the end last summer. kinda cool to do once.

And that’s it! Girls trips are so good for the soul! I'm trying my hardest to get back this fall with one of my oldest friends, Nicole. It looks promising, but we don't have specific plans yet. In the meantime... I leave for my next family trip in just 4 days!!! And I get to see Heidi (& family) and Julie (& DH)!!! I'm really excited to meet up with my girls!!​

A trip with a gang of silly girls would be fun, as long as one of them was my own girl. I missed her a lot on the March trip.

Happy travels! I think you and Jill may just miss each other. She comes home Wednesday.

Wow I missed two updates (well 3 including today's)? You are updating machines!!! Guess some ladies want this one wrapped up before their next trip which is almost here?????????

Just a guess.

Ok...

4th park....impressive work ladies and some very very fun pictures. How magical that wishes was going off while you were in the line. I was impressed with all the queue pictures from Voyage and Dumbo. We went through both of those lines so fast I missed all that detail.

So many great pictures but I especially love this one.

How did I miss that Goofy's face frames the opening like that :confused3

Fun stuff all around

Love the pics on Splash with the "food covers".:)

That is great that you got to meet up with Visitation. I remember reading about that in one of your previous TR's. He took some great pictures!:thumbsup2

Hope you have a great trip!!

Photo1631FourBySix_zpsadd23a9f.jpg

You don't remember this because we had split up and I just stumbled upon Gaston. I *think* Amy and Julie were going to do another ride - maybe BTMRR and I didn't want to go. Or more like I didn't want to walk any more than I had too. See I got a little surprise that morning after our 4 parks in one day...... we could have named the trip report .......

4 Parks
3 Friends
2 SWOLLEN FEET
1 Day​

It took days after the trip for my feet to return to their normal size. :crazy2:
Next week we leave for 15 days at Disney and let me tell you there will be no 4 parks in one day!

561604_4955179835988_647722487_n.jpg

485134_4955180275999_1925257370_n.jpg

291879_4955181076019_2083046780_n.jpg

486319_4955181436028_1964048838_n.jpg

68070_4955182556056_995206186_n.jpg

406965_4955183276074_1419313295_n.jpg

539974_4955183716085_1459278088_n.jpg

We should have known Julie's flight would be delayed because things always happen in 3's. We got delayed on Under the Sea and then again on Splash Mountain.

61614_4955183036068_2141671834_n.jpg

what a boring place to get stuck!

598610_4955191036268_870359253_n.jpg

Remember this bird and the noises it was making? I was dying laughing

Great pictures Heidi!!:thumbsup2

Too bad about your swollen feet. No fun. One trip in Oct. 2011 my ankles were swollen (Had been in the hospital 3 weeks prior) so I would go to the pool in the afternoon & put my legs up on about 10 towels to try & reduce the swelling.:sad2: I cannot imagine trying to do 4 parks in one day that way!!

Was just cracking up hysterically at the bowl cover shots with Matt :rotfl:

I think he might be scared of meeting you both ;)

Wait you have overlapping trips...:goodvibes? & they're coming up in a couple of days? :thumbsup2 Looks like Amy is going first in three days? :yay:

Is the photographer's real name Visitation? He took some really cute photos...

I love the shower caps but I cannot believe you got stuck on Splash...:eek: Seriously... that photo looks like you were on the conveyor belt towards the bottom...just waiting to go up towards the drop... that would have made me a little bit edgy...:scared:

Julie did a great job at being the salt in Belle's story...;)

I hate when trips end...:sad2: except in this case you were headed back to your families so that had to make it a little bit better...:goodvibes

I don't have time for full replies, but wanted ot answer you PPP...

Wait you have overlapping trips...:goodvibes? & they're coming up in a couple of days? :thumbsup2 Looks like Amy is going first in three days? :yay:

Is the photographer's real name Visitation? He took some really cute photos...

I love the shower caps but I cannot believe you got stuck on Splash...:eek: Seriously... that photo looks like you were on the conveyor belt towards the bottom...just waiting to go up towards the drop... that would have made me a little bit edgy...:scared:

Julie did a great job at being the salt in Belle's story...;)

I hate when trips end...:sad2: except in this case you were headed back to your families so that had to make it a little bit better...:goodvibes

Yes, we have overlapping trips!!! Heidi & I have been at Disney during the same week a few times over the past few years. We are both from NH so we have the same school vacations. Julie was planning a getaway with her DH so she intentionally lined it up with our trips. :thumbsup2 Last year Heidi & I actually stayed at the same resort & got to hang out at the pool a couple times. And yes, I leave in 2 days!! Heidi doesn't leave until the weekend... we overlap for one week (official school vacation week next week) then she is staying for a 2nd week. Julie will be there over the weekend of 4/25-4/28 (the end of our trip, the middle of Heidi's).

Yes, Visitation is really his name! He's an awesome photographer!!

The picture of you two with your "shower caps" on is hilarious! :rotfl2:

Loved the photopass pictures with Mickey with everyone in their grey t-shirts. :thumbsup2

Thanks for sharing such a special trip with us! pixiedust:

What fun, I LOVE the new circus area. So Fun, Joey was sitting on my lap getting so excited about the characters in their outfits.

The hair covers/food covers at Splash are too funny. Looks like you girls had a GREAT trip.:)

Then Julie found our favorite photopass photographer!!!!!!!! We met “Visitation” on our January 2011 Spectrum Moms trip & he took some amazing pictures of our group. Julie was lucky enough to run into him on a family trip sometime after that.

Unfortunately he was with a group. I think the family was going to be the grand marshalls of the parade & Visitation was going to be along with them to capture the moments. We asked if he could take some pictures but the group handler told us he couldn’t. But Visitation had other plans. He took a minute from the group & did a few quick pictures for us!!!!
Photo1658FourBySix_zps29cf4dc5.jpg

Photo1674FourBySix_zpse25808cc.jpg

He is the best!!!

What fun!

You should be "overlapping" right about now --- can't wait to read all about that!

Kathy

Yes, we have overlapping trips!!! Heidi & I have been at Disney during the same week a few times over the past few years. We are both from NH so we have the same school vacations. Julie was planning a getaway with her DH so she intentionally lined it up with our trips. :thumbsup2 Last year Heidi & I actually stayed at the same resort & got to hang out at the pool a couple times. And yes, I leave in 2 days!! Heidi doesn't leave until the weekend... we overlap for one week (official school vacation week next week) then she is staying for a 2nd week. Julie will be there over the weekend of 4/25-4/28 (the end of our trip, the middle of Heidi's).

Two weeks for Heidi??? :banana: :banana: I love long trips!

Hope you guys all are having/will have an awesome time!

Amy, I went back and read everything. I'm so sorry I missed the end of this. With the business trip to Florida, coming home to one crisis after another at the office, the kids being in for a weekend and the finishing touches on the wedding plans, I've had no DIS time.

I thoroughly enjoyed the report and hope that you are having a blast at Disney right now as I type this.

Amy - I can't believe I didn't realize I missed two mega updates while I was away in HHI.

Great updates. I don't even know where to start with the comments.

That Monsters, Inc apple is too cute.

You guys got so many wonderful candid shots in Fantasyland and with the characters. I love them all.

Can't believe the lights came up on Splash. I bet you thought you were going to be evacuated. OMG. I know a DISer that that happened to recently.

Love the picture of the castle between the two umbrellas. I light to take that shot, too!

Welcome Back! I hope you had a wonderful spring break trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter