Cheers to Friendship! Oct 2012 Girls Weekend! NEW 4/13 Pg.10 - THE END

I am really enjoying reading your trip report! Cant' wait to read more!

:welcome:

Wow you scored with the wine tasting tickets. I would love to do that some time but DH is NOT a wine drinker.

Aw seeing F&W pics is making me so anxious to go back in Oct. We skipped it this past year but so anxious to go back.

Maybe I'll see you in October! Things are looking good for a girls trip with my friend Nicole. We haven't picked dates yet, but it will definitely be during F&W!

What a fun update! There are two things we've not done -- Flower & Garden and Food & Wine...one of these days.

You can tell by the pictures that you three girls were having a "great" time.

Love the photopass pictures.

You've never been during F&G or F&W! :scared1: I can't believe that!! Spring must be hard with Mark umpiring but it's definitely worth a trip! We're thinking this might be our last F&G in April since Zach will be missing a week of baseball. Now that he's moved up to the more competitive league, it will be hard to do going forward.

I am loving your picture heavy TR! You can definitely tell that you ladies had a wonderful time on your trip. I can't wait to see more! :)

:welcome: We were having fun!!

I'm enjoying the pictures of the food, definitely some different things than what I had so fun to see. I still can't believe I never noticed the chocolate art back by the lounge, we were in the Festival center at least 4 times, including the lounge.

Free seminar tickets, that is so fun, even if you don't like wine. Neat to be part of the experience.

Looks like a perfect afternoon so far!

Didn't you love the Chase lounge! A nice little spot for a break. :thumbsup2 The chocolate art was very cool!

Joining in, can't wait to hear more about this girls trip. I so want to do that someday.

I've been absent from the boards for a long while since we didn't do Disney in 2012, but with an August trip booked, I'm back. I went back to my last TR and started looking up some of my "friends" from there to catch up, so glad I found this. :wave2:

:welcome: Glad you found us!! And glad you are back on the boards with another trip in your future!! :goodvibes

When we left off, we were headed to Magic Kingdom!!

We hopped on the monorail & made our way to the TTC. The ferry was there waiting, so we opted for a boat ride.
DSCN3808_zps6ffa9dce.jpg

DSC02552_zpsb2838b39.jpg

DSCN3809_zps5f225bde.jpg

Julie, with her “home” in the distance:
DSCN3812_zpsb32d57ad.jpg

DSCN3814_zps5e924009.jpg

DSCN3816_zpsba0965eb.jpg

DSC02553_zpsd382f83c.jpg

DSCN3817_zps2a8b6d01.jpg

I love these:
DSC02554_zps2b76d687.jpg

Heidi gets a new pair of ears on every trip so our first stop was:
DSCN3818_zpsfb040cd8.jpg

DSC02556_zps5b06236c.jpg

DSC02557_zps34de77a9.jpg

DSC02558_zps949c749b.jpg

Then we headed for some food! Mmmm… I want one of these now!
DSCN3821_zps07e2d14a.jpg

That looks good too!
DSCN3823_zps4cfa08bb.jpg

Maybe we picked up fastpasses before dinner?
DSCN3824_zpsf27201d9.jpg

DSCN3826_zps396fa807.jpg

DSCN3827_zps2e4459f4.jpg

DSCN3828_zps87402532.jpg

DSCN3829_zps3efb20f6.jpg

MK PP:
Photo1294FourBySix_zps001566c9.jpg

Photo1289FourBySix_zps8f62df2e.jpg

Photo1298FourBySix_zps0069bd7f.jpg

I don't know what else we did at MK that night. :confused3 Those are all of our pictures... but we had to get out of there because we had something else fun planned to top off our first day.

DSCN3823_zps4cfa08bb.jpg

I remember that the table next to us gave us this because they were on the dining plan and couldn't eat one more CS dessert. So that makes 2 free things for this day, the wine tasting tickets and this.

And I am now addicted to those taco salads thanks to Amy

DSCN3823_zps4cfa08bb.jpg

I remember that the table next to us gave us this because they were on the dining plan and couldn't eat one more CS dessert. So that makes 2 free things for this day, the wine tasting tickets and this.

And I am now addicted to those taco salads thanks to Amy

Oh right! I forgot about that! We were off to a great start!

Taco Salads from Pecos Bills are by far my favorite Disney counter service meal! :thumbsup2

I hear you Amy about the taco salads. I LOVE them!! I tried making some last weekend but did not even come close to Peco's Bills.

That would be great if we were both there in Oct. at the same time!!:goodvibes

I finally had one of those taco salads in Oct. YUM! It is a great CS option.

Fun afternoon...can't wait to see what's next. Some nice PP pictures too :thumbsup2

Love the Boardwalk... too bad you had to wait for your room but it seems to be a common thing...:confused3

Love your F&W experience so far... and great Disney Magic to get those tickets for the wine seminar from the CM...:thumbsup2 (I am totally desperate to go for F&W... and the Halloween Party...:hyper:)

Those chocolate sculptures are very impressive...:thumbsup2

Even though I'm sure you were worried about your little peeps at home... it must have been liberating to be there by yourselves... no kid's meals...;)

I hear you Amy about the taco salads. I LOVE them!! I tried making some last weekend but did not even come close to Peco's Bills.

That would be great if we were both there in Oct. at the same time!!:goodvibes

Some things just can't be duplicated! I can't wait for my next taco salad in April! :thumbsup2 That and a Dole Whip!

I'll keep you posted on my October plans. Where are you staying?

Me, too! And that's a perfect blue sky behind it. :)

It's going to hurt when October rolls around. We don't have a trip planned. :sad:

It was a gorgeous day! I was trying to get a good Mickey Pumpkin for my facebook profile! ;)

Bummer about no October trip! But you have others planned, right?

I love your pictures from Epcot! So pretty :)

The weather was great and Disney does such a great job with the details.

I finally had one of those taco salads in Oct. YUM! It is a great CS option.

Fun afternoon...can't wait to see what's next. Some nice PP pictures too :thumbsup2

Love me a Pecos Bills taco salad!! :thumbsup2 It's nice to get something different at a counter service spot. We had fun getting a lot of PP pictures.

Love the Boardwalk... too bad you had to wait for your room but it seems to be a common thing...:confused3

Love your F&W experience so far... and great Disney Magic to get those tickets for the wine seminar from the CM...:thumbsup2 (I am totally desperate to go for F&W... and the Halloween Party...:hyper:)

Those chocolate sculptures are very impressive...:thumbsup2

Even though I'm sure you were worried about your little peeps at home... it must have been liberating to be there by yourselves... no kid's meals...;)

I love the Boardwalk & Food & Wine! And I really love them together! You should definitely get down there during F&W!

Not so much worried about things at home but all of the emails from school & activities come to my email account. Our family account has gotten so bogged down with spam & advertisement that I stopped sending important things there. I had to keep tabs on things so I could forward them along to home.

I’m not sure if we did much else that night at MK because our next pictures have us at the Top of the World Lounge to watch Wishes!
DSCN3833_zpsd386673b.jpg

DSCN3837_zps1739b3cf.jpg

DSCN3841_zpsacced500.jpg

Uh oh.. I was getting in trouble with the girls again!
DSCN3848_zps7464b043.jpg

DSCN3852_zpsb0a51534.jpg

DSCN3854_zps59b2c654.jpg

DSCN3857_zps323e3a2a.jpg

Electrical Water Pagent:
DSCN3858_zps44ffe3ba.jpg

DSC02580_zps8392acf8.jpg

DSC02581_zpsad3ebd53.jpg

DSCN3863_zpsee340308.jpg

DSCN3864_zps5b4248c2.jpg

DSC02561_zps531980e5.jpg

DSC02578_zps23246812.jpg

DSC02579_zpsfbadc887.jpg

We had planned for a cab tonight & it worked out perfectly! Our ride was there in no time & we were headed to our home for the next few days.
Some pictures on the way up to our room:
DSCN3866_zps5afacda1.jpg

DSCN3867_zps3523c891.jpg

DSCN3868_zps4a71f1c4.jpg

DSCN3869_zpsdeaaee66.jpg

DSCN3870_zps844588b7.jpg

Not our door… I don’t think?? Julie decorated our door but now I don’t remember what it looked like. And obviously it wouldn't have been decorated yet since we were just heading up there for the first time!
DSCN3871_zpsb88a9594.jpg

Continued...

Our room...

DSCN3872_zps88003565.jpg

DSCN3873_zps60463db5.jpg

DSCN3874_zps35c251b8.jpg

DSCN3875_zps84c9f5a5.jpg

DSC02582_zps0dfa7c1c.jpg

DSC02583_zps4d793a03.jpg

DSC02584_zpsd1bf1f3d.jpg

DSC02585_zpsdc6f77df.jpg

DSC02587_zpscad14d9f.jpg

DSC02588_zps8ff21e10.jpg

These aren’t from that night but I’ll share them now. This was our view. Just perfect… A pool view without a clown. ;)
DSCN3876_zpseb5b0a67.jpg

DSCN3877_zpsee2f484f.jpg

DSCN3878_zpsd876b6c3.jpg

DSCN3879_zps8f355c2b.jpg

Our decorations… thanks to Julie!
DSCN3880_zps3bb92feb.jpg

Up next... Day 2!

It was so great walking over to BLT ( my home) to watch the fireworks. I was thrilled to "show off" a bit of my resort world. It was quite cool, that the lounge was open to any DVC member...not sure if it still is, but if you ever have any opportunity to go up there do it!

I think we had meant to go grab some cupcakes or food first from over in CR, but I think I messed that up. But we had a grand time anyways. I was the only one who got a drink...mmmm....not something I'd do if watching the works w/ the kids.

One of my several injuries occurred again this night too...( I had already banged the back of my thigh at my zero night hotel) as I was returning my drink glass into the lounge, I basically opened the heavy door right onto my toe...didn't quite realize how nasty till back to the room. good thing Heidi had all her foot care bandages.

The boardwalk decor and attention to detail was amazing, I loved it and kept snapping pictures :-)

I am always thrilled to see other doors or windows decorated too! I know there is a picture of our door somewhere....and actually the Halloween clings Heidi brought for our windows and mirrors!

I love your Wishes pictures - great view! Your room is really pretty too, and a pool view without the clown is awesome!

Getting caught up after my week off from the DIS last week with illness and work.

I love the Halloween decorations at the MK and I think we will miss them this year since we are going mid-August...I don't think they are up that early.

What a wonderful view from BLT to watch Wishes, etc. And someone was in trouble I gather because she was on the phone again. ;)

LOVE the view from your room of the pool without the clown (I wouldn't mid that view in December). I do love the decor of the rooms and am getting a little bit more excited about staying at BWV in December.

Kathy as Amy said before that was my first time staying at the BWV and thrilled to get to stay there again in April with Matt :-)

It was a gorgeous day! I was trying to get a good Mickey Pumpkin for my facebook profile! ;)

Bummer about no October trip! But you have others planned, right?

Yes, ma'am, we do - March for me, April for Jill (long story, and I will miss my girls big time in March :sad:), June for six of us, and December for hopefully 9-10 of us. :)

Great shots from BLT! We have watched 4th of July fireworks from up there.

Hi there! FABULOUS idea for a "Ladies only" trip!! Looks like a great time and I'm loving it so far!
Mom of an Aspie son here! He's 20 & amazing btw! We are dropping in on Disney for a week in April along with my 16 year old daughter. Leaving the Mister at home. He's not a fan of DW like I am! :confused3 I continue to tell him something is wrong with him! LOL!
I hope to keep up on your TR. Thanks for sharing with us! :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter