checking southwest

henry lutz

Mouseketeer
This will only be my second time flying.
Going to wdw in nov 12-21 2015
Looked at flights when they were first released (prices were ok) but i did not buy...since then I have read buy asap...too late..prices have went way up
My question is do I still need to check a couple times a day...its getting crazy....can I wait until 10 weeks out or so to look..I have read a bunch of good info on the subject on here..just a ittle late
Two years ago we went in november. I purchased in sept ( without really looking) ...bwi-mco. 108 down and 115 back (I think)
I am now in stress mode as they are showing some (sold out) flights. Thanks

....can I wait until 10 weeks out or so to look..I have read a bunch of good info on the subject on here..just a ittle late
It varies year to year. If a lot of people take SWA this year, chances are they won't lower their price.

Last year we booked JetBlue because they opened their fare earlier. If I had waited till 2-3months out, it would have been cheaper on SWA. I'd wait and check every few days to see if it drops, but definitely buy before 2 months out. Good luck :)

I think many of us have been there. That is a very popular time so I can see why fares sell out. No one will be able forecast prices, but I think you can wait. I was in the exact same boat recently for my flights in August. The flights went waaay up in price. I was checking daily and lo and behold, my prices came down to opening day fares. I assume people must have cancelled and therefore seats opened up for my flights. You are still many months away, so there is a good chance of that. Good luck and keep checking daily!

SWA is very different from a couple of years ago..... since they merged, the flight times have changed a lot,as have the cost of flights in the most desirable times.... That is why grabbing what you want when you see it at a decent price is important.... keep looking, if you want SWA specifically, just stalk the site...they have frequent sales with no warning,and play around with number of seats needed,etc while looking. If the flights you want exactly are selling out,and you have to have them then I guess you have no choice but to buy. Also clear your cookies or search incognito, to find any deals they might have.

If you have a choice, someone posted recently (last week or two) that JetBlue will be starting nonstop flights from BWI to MCO in November. They were having a sale on that route. I don't know if those prices are still available.

SWA is very different from a couple of years ago..... since they merged, the flight times have changed a lot,as have the cost of flights in the most desirable times.... That is why grabbing what you want when you see it at a decent price is important.... keep looking, if you want SWA specifically, just stalk the site...they have frequent sales with no warning,and play around with number of seats needed,etc while looking. If the flights you want exactly are selling out,and you have to have them then I guess you have no choice but to buy. Also clear your cookies or search incognito, to find any deals they might have.

Looking paid off. 69 bucks bwi -mco now for return flight......thanks for the help

We are on the same time schedule. Great price going at 69. We booked the 21st, 10 minutes after they opened for $132. Now, it looks like most WGA fares are sold out. I was really surprised. Keep looking, but do you have any flexability with your return date?

We are on the same time schedule. Great price going at 69. We booked the 21st, 10 minutes after they opened for $132. Now, it looks like most WGA fares are sold out. I was really surprised. Keep looking, but do you have any flexability with your return date?
Yeah I can be flexable if needed... will use it if needed

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter