Checking in

kidslovemickey

Earning My Ears
I've read a couple of different things, so I'm hoping for clarification. I've seen that you can pick your check in time when you do online check in, but I've also read NOT to do online check in so you can check in anytime. We're driving, and will likely get there early so I don't know if it's worth it for me to complete online check in. Should I just wait so we can get onboard earlier?? HELP!

I've read a couple of different things, so I'm hoping for clarification. I've seen that you can pick your check in time when you do online check in, but I've also read NOT to do online check in so you can check in anytime. We're driving, and will likely get there early so I don't know if it's worth it for me to complete online check in. Should I just wait so we can get onboard earlier?? HELP!

You should complete the online checkin. If you haven't done so, and arrive at the port and the terminal is busy, you will be asked to wait until the terminal is less full.

When you do your online checkin you will select a port arrival time. If you pick the earliest time you can, you can arrive at anytime after your window opens, and will go into the terminal. Also, your port arrival time is tied to your actual boarding number that you receive when you check in at the port. If you have no port arrival time, your boarding number, in most cases, will be a higher number than you would have gotten by having an actual port arrival time.

This procedure was started because of the larger capacity of the new ships and the fact that the terminal was built for the smaller ones. It can't handle the larger numbers of people wanting to be "first on".

:cutie:

kidslovemickey said:

There is no specific check in time when using online check in. You can check in at any time. We actually checked in online and got to CBR at 10:00 a.m. and we were shocked that our room was even ready. Regardless of online check in or not, you can check in whenever you get to the resort.

PrincessShmoo said:
Are we talking about the resorts or the ship? :confused3

Yea sorry now I'm embarrassed, that was my fault I read the thread wrong! oops :o Sorry guys!

Check in starts at 11:00 ish....does not matter what time you check in....what matters is the port arrival time....that is tied into the boarding number you will receive.

it is pretty silly NOT to do the online check-in if possible. It will take you longer to check in at the port.

MJ

Is it true that if we are arriving at the port via DCL bus we don't have to worry about what arrival time we put? My DH wants to get to the port ASAP but when I did online check in the first arrival time I was able to get was 12:00 - 12:30.

Is it true that if we are arriving at the port via DCL bus we don't have to worry about what arrival time we put? My DH wants to get to the port ASAP but when I did online check in the first arrival time I was able to get was 12:00 - 12:30.

Yes, if you arrive at the port on DCL transfers the Port Arrival Time is moot. You will enter the terminal when you arrive.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter