Checking in to Art of Animation with no credit card?

ReturnToOz

Earning My Ears
I have a family member who would like us to use their credit card to book the trip to get extra points etc. My travel agent said this is fine and they just have to fill out some paper work. My TA also said it would be fine when we check in. When we check in late Friday in October we won't have the credit card. Will this be a problem? Would like to double check my TA is correct.

I could be wrong, but I even if I did not want charging privileges, I always had to leave one on file just in case, for any damage etc

I could be wrong, but I even if I did not want charging privileges, I always had to leave one on file just in case, for any damage etc

Not true at WDW resorts, which makes them a little different from most hotels. They already have cc info from when you paid for your reservation if you trash your room.

OP, if you have booked a package vacation, this won't be a problem, since you will have already paid in full for the reservation before you arrive.

If you have a room only reservation, then the balance is due at check in, unless you have chosen to pay it off before arrival. You wouldn't HAVE to pay it off using the initial credit card- but you would have to have something - debit card, gift cards, cash, or another credit card- to pay off the balance due.

If you are talking about charging privileges, again a credit card isn't mandatory. You could give them cash, gift card deposits or your debit card instead. Or you could just not have charging privileges and pay for everything OOP.

Personally, we would never dream of travelling without a credit card. Even if you don't use it, it's a much needed safety cushion in case of an emergency.

I was just afraid that if I booked the entire stay with one credit card and I get there they would want to see the card I booked the trip with. Then there would be a problem. I will be bring my own card but won't put it on file. I will try to pay OOP.

Thanks

I've never had them ask to see the credit card.

You can also pay the room-only reservation (if that's what you want to book) before you get there, or check in on-line. When I checked in on-line, they charged the card before I even got there. Then they asked me if I wanted to use the same card for charging privileges. I actually didn't, so I gave them a different card.

No issues.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter