Checking in early - Can I get park tickets for that day?

wen8jr

DIS Veteran
If I check in early (say 7am/8am) will I be able to get my park tickets at check in (which are charged on my reservation) and go on to the park? If we can...can we use the Disney transportation even if the room isn't available until later?

We are staying at POR in June & want to hit MGM that first day so we don't miss Star Wars weekend.

Thanks for any info!!

You can check in early and still get your room key even if your room isn't ready. They do this because they know that most people who have tickets on their room keys want to get right into the magic. They may ask you to come back though later to reprogram your key...or so I read.

Yes, once you have checked you can use the Disney transportation and hit the parks! Also, they gave us a number to call to check and see when our room would be ready.

Make sure to pack in your carry-on bag anything you will want at MGM, incuding autograph books, sunscreen (be sure to keep it under the 3 oz limit for security), etc. As for your carry-on luggage, they should be able to hold things for you if you have items that you don't want to take to the parks. If you're flying and using DME, they'll deliver your bags to your room even if you aren't there.

When you check in at any Disney resort even if it's as early as your time, you get everything done at that time. Everything. Tickets, parking pass, room keys, maps, schedules, you name it. When you take one step away from that front desk, you are at Disney World. You are an official Disney World guest.

The only thing that will most than likely happen is that your room keys won't be activated because your room isn't ready yet. Once you check in, your room will be assigned to you. You'll be given a number to call back during the day and get your room number. You'll be told after 3:00 but you can call before then if you want and see if it's ready. You don't have to come back to the front desk for anything.

One word of advice - make sure you have a resort map with you. Then you can easily see where your room is located.

actually, technically, the room would be assigned and the key would be fully active. they just don't tell you the room # until it's ready.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter