checking in at MCO

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by OMD13, Nov 29, 2012.

1. OMD13

OMD13 Mouseketeer

We are staying at the Hyatt the night before our cruise and taking Disney bus to the port. I know we will be checking in at the Disney Cruise line counter at the ariport. Do we still have to do online checkin? I am a little confused about the process.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. TIGGER/POOH4

TIGGER/POOH4 DIS Veteran

Yes you should still do the online checkin. It will save you time at MCO. The difference is you do not have to worry about your arrival time. Just sign up for whatever time is available just to fill out the form. FYI here are the MCO Hyatt checkin procedures. Have a magical cruise. :thumbsup2

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. kcashner

kcashner DIS Veteran

On line check in just makes your life easier. It also gives DCL an idea of how many people will be wanting an early bus.

So yes, do it. And it won't matter what terminal arrival time you choose--pick anything that is open. DO remember to tell them that you are on DCL when you check in at the Hyatt and watch them write your name on the list; they will also give you a form to hand to the CM at the Welcome Center desk in the morning; it is their way of double checking that they have all the bags. The Hyatt list tells the Hyatt to get the bags, the Welcome Center form tells DCL to be sure they GOT the bags.

5. shburks

shburks DIS Veteran

Thanks for this!!

6. MichelleVW

MichelleVW <font color=green>I call them "the people that liv

That's good to know because of course I'm freaking out about them forgetting my luggage Lol!

7. Calfan

Calfan DIS Veteran

Did the Hyatt provide these forms and information when you checked in? I assume so and that they didn't come from DCL. We will be staying at the Hyatt MCO before our cruise in April. First time staying there, so I am trying to figure this all out.

8. Calfan

Calfan DIS Veteran

We are concierge for our April cruise and staying at the Hyatt MCO. Does it still make sense for us to do the cruise check-in at MCO, or just wait until we get to the terminal and do the concierge check-in there?

9. OMD13

OMD13 Mouseketeer

Thanks for all the info.

10. TIGGER/POOH4

TIGGER/POOH4 DIS Veteran

Yes I did get this form from the Hyatt. If you tell the Hyatt associate at checkin that you are on the Disney cruise the next morning they will give you this form.

11. bzzelady

bzzelady DIS Veteran

Thank you...this is really helpful information :)

12. TIGGER/POOH4

TIGGER/POOH4 DIS Veteran

I would checkin at the airport. Since you already have to checkin at the airport for the DCL transport that it is only a few more minutes to complete the checkin for the ship. You will have to wait for the bus so there is no time lost. If you do not checkin at MCO then you will have to checkin at the airport.

13. mrkyyyle

mrkyyyle Mouseketeer

We did the Hyatt stay the night before on our October cruise and we weren't even allowed to check in and get our KTTW card at the airport then, we just got the bus boarding assigned. There wasn't any wait when we got to the concierge desk at the terminal so didn't bother us any :)

I don't know if they were trying out something new or not.

14. Calfan

Calfan DIS Veteran

Thanks!

15. Calfan

Calfan DIS Veteran

Thanks for the responses. I will ask about cruise check-in when we check in at MCO for our DCL transportation to the port. I am not overly concerned about it since this will be our first time in concierge, and I am curious to see how the port check-in experience differs from our other cruises. Some folks think the best thing about concierge is the way check-in/boarding are handled at the port. Plus we are typically early port terminal arrivers.

16. IBelieveInTheMagic

IBelieveInTheMagic DIS Veteran

Yikes!!! I sure hope this hasn't changed recently! My Mom and I are doing this in about a week and this is one of the biggest advantages of staying at the MCO Hyatt. I hope some others will chime that have done this October forward. I remember another poster in a thread I had about this subject awhile back had hinted about this so I hope it really hasn't changed already :(

Thanks
    Heather

17. TIGGER/POOH4

TIGGER/POOH4 DIS Veteran

I had friends that stayed at the mco Hyatt and checked in at the airport on Nov 10th

18. IBelieveInTheMagic

IBelieveInTheMagic DIS Veteran

Phew!! Thank you so much :)

Heather

19. mrkyyyle

mrkyyyle Mouseketeer

good to see they didn't keep that no check-in at the airport!

20. Wenawen

Wenawen Mouseketeer

Thanks for posting this thread. I found it very helpful!

21. Mandersons04

Mandersons04 Mouseketeer

I thought maybe the poster was saying she was concierge and they wouldn't let her check in. But we've done the Hyatt and DCL transfer before and it does work like everyone is saying. We're doing it all over again in March :-)