Check your Target statements this month. (new issue)

mistysue

DIS Veteran
I checked both my and DH's statements this morning. We both have an interest charge. Neither of us carry a balance, and both of our cards were paid well over the full amount due on the last statement. My last statement had a $45 balance and I paid $125... and I have $2.45 in interest fees. The previous bill did not have a balance, I assure you I am not figuring this wrong and it happened to both of our accounts this month. I would check to be sure you aren't being charged interest in error.

I'm confused - you owed $45 on the card but you paid $80 more than that? So you have an $80 credit on the card? Why did you do it? Just curious...

Might be a fluke? Have you called them?

Just got my Target statement. No interest charge. We use our card frequently and pay in full each month.

My statement just generated, and there isn't any interest charge either.

Sounds like some fluke on your accounts, maybe triggered by the overpayment? (Which I personally don't get, but whatever floats your boat....) Or maybe last month's payment was a day or two late, which triggered the interest?

Did you carry a balance two months ago? You'll still see interest charges for a month or two after you pay off a balance.

Neither of us have ever carried a balance.
It was overpaid because I knew we were using it more. So we still have a balance, not a credit, but our current balance is less than either of us charged for the month.
The one I used as an example, I overpaid $80, but spent about $150, so I still owe them but their should not be interest. The payments were early and show up on the statements and everything.

They basically had no response or reason. We both have a credit for the interest.

I checked both my and DH's statements this morning. We both have an interest charge. Neither of us carry a balance, and both of our cards were paid well over the full amount due on the last statement. My last statement had a $45 balance and I paid $125... and I have $2.45 in interest fees. The previous bill did not have a balance, I assure you I am not figuring this wrong and it happened to both of our accounts this month. I would check to be sure you aren't being charged interest in error.

They basically had no response or reason. We both have a credit for the interest.

If you don't carry a balance from month to month, why did you pay $125 when your balance was only $45? That makes no sense. :confused3

If you don't carry a balance from month to month, why did you pay $125 when your balance was only $45? That makes no sense. :confused3

I make payments online. The day I did it I just paid enough to zero out the balance that day, it made me happy to see my credit cards at $0 even if they weren't going to stay there. I assure you it's not really as complicated as all of this is making it seem.

I think what the OP is trying to say is that the "Last Statement Balance" was $45 (meaning the amount she charged up until the day the last statement closed) but the current balance was $125 ( she had charged an additional $80 since that statement closed) so she paid all of the charges from the last statement and then the current balance as well. We pay our Amex in full every month but we just pay the last statement balance.

I sometimes overpay my statements if I know I'm going to be using it a lot in the next month. It saves the sticker shock, and eliminates the need to carry a balance.

I always pay extra on my Visa before a trip to Disney. Think of it as a 'pre-loaded' card.

I sometimes overpay my statements if I know I'm going to be using it a lot in the next month. It saves the sticker shock, and eliminates the need to carry a balance.

I always pay extra on my Visa before a trip to Disney. Think of it as a 'pre-loaded' card.

:thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter