Check your Dining Reservations!

drsanvil

Earning My Ears
Hi All!
FYI - When we booked our dining about a month ago, the on-line reservation system was having all sorts of problems and even the CM's on the phone said the system was down and to call back.

We proceeded to try as best we could to book on-line. Sometimes one would go through and confirm, other times we would get the error codes like others have reported. We, of course, assumed the reservation didn't go through if we got an error. We eventually got through to a CM and booked the ones we didn't get on-line.

Well, we called yesterday to confirm the reservations because of all the trouble we had, and boy were we surprised! It seems that many of those that gave us an error code had actually booked! We of course had no idea, because we never got a conf #, email, etc. to tell us we had that reservation. They apparently didn't show up on our itinerary when the CM on the phone helped us either.

We are a Grand Gathering of 8, so we needed to make sure we got seating for us all. In the confirmation call last night, we found we had 5, yes 5, reservations for 8 at Artist Point for the night of 12/18!! That's 40 seats we had reserved! They were every 5 min from 5:55 to 6:15! The system never cancelled any, and I doubt anyone would have ever known had we not checked. So we canceled 4 of 5, so feel free to try for Artist Point that night - there's now 32 extra seats!
We also had duplicates at Teppan Edo, Chefs de France and Crystal Palace (sorry, no Le Cellier - couldn't get that one at all!)

So a word to all, please double check so you are sure you got what you wanted and didn't overbook!

Same thing happened to me!!! I called to make a reservation for a tour and BBB and the CM said wow you sure are eating a lot!! We had to go thru each reservation and cancel the ones I thought didn't go thru. Sure am glad I called.

I know right?!
Which probably explains all the difficulty people are having getting reservations if there are multiple overbookings.
You would think Disney would either catch this or want to catch this.
I'm sure they don't want 32 empty seats at a sig restaurant on a Fri night.

Yes its always a good idea to check every now and then both online & by calling to make sure there are no double bookings. I did that many times to make sure my cancellations went through and there were no problems. If you are constantly revising your reservations its a good idea to do this weekly just to be on the safe side. They had some of my original reservations that i made by phone (before online came out) and the rest of my changes i did online were not linked to my reservation so i also had to bring this to their attention and check by telephone # also.

Reminder out there of the OP scenario still happening - please make sure you double check!

I've heard about this problems on other threads. Is there a way to find out if you have multiple reservations at one place? Can I just bring it up with one confirmation number or is the reservation made under other confirmation numbers? I hope somebody understands my question!:surfweb::dance3:

How do you check the dining reservations online?

Go to disneyworld website. There is a link (top right) My disney vacation, click on my dining reservations. You will get screen to put in confirmation # and phone number used when making ressie. You can click on the multiple reservation button and will give you option to include another confirmation. Just click on multiple button for however many you want to look up.

You can print them out and take with you if you want.

One more reason to check those ADRs is because I've read that, if you are double-booked at the same restaurant, or have a similar ADR time at a different restaurant, Disney Dining will cancel one of the ADRs. Is that really true though?

Just to add another wrench here, when I tried to cancel some dining reservations about a month ago on the phone they did not show up in my profile, or under any of our phone numbers. She could not find them until I gave her the reservation number, which luckily I had. It kind of scares me though as I'm pretty sure I had a couple that I had booked online that didn't get a confirmation email so I'm hoping that they weren't ones that I would have ended up cancelling. I cancell a CG last week and asked for a confirmation number - told me there wasn't one :confused3 said her I have always got one before, as my credit card is guaranteeing that reservation. Sure hope I don't get charged for it....

Thanks so much for this thread! I checked mine and talk about messed up:eek:.
We have a CRT reservation- 2 adults and 6 kids- 5- 15 year olds and a 7 year old. When I checked the reservation, it read, 2 adults
and 3 kids-4,7,and 8!!!:scared1::scared1::scared1:
The CM tried to help me but had to turn the call over to a dining manager who will try to get the reservations for us. Hopefully, they can. We arrive next Friday and this was the first ADR of our trip. The plan is to eat here at 4 and then have fun at MVMCP.
If it doesn't work out, the girls will be devastated. I'll put a good face on it though and tell them how lucky we are to be at WDW- don't know how much weight that will carry but I plan to have a good attitude and with any luck, they'll follow my lead.

One more reason to check those ADRs is because I've read that, if you are double-booked at the same restaurant, or have a similar ADR time at a different restaurant, Disney Dining will cancel one of the ADRs. Is that really true though?

Apparently not on the online adrs. I evidently was a victim of the computer glitch thing too( I made adrs Sept 13th).I just got off the phone with Disney.I had for my arrival day ( 12/12) 2 adrs for biergarten party of 3 at 555pm, 1 at Les Chefs , and 1 at Cape May Cafe...all for the same time.I only need Les Chefs...not sure how the others happened.:scared1:

I would call Disney Dining to do any checking. That's the best way to talk through all the issues and ensure it's correct.
It doesn't appear reservations are being automatically cancelled and this is why, IMO, there is limited availability.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter