Check out my first timer ADRs

chestermcganahan

Earning My Ears
So I've read a little here, and made some choices based largely on what all you wise people have said. I'd like to know how these choices sound, and if there's anything in particular we should avoid food-wise. Especially if there's a particular place that's gone downhill of late. We're making our first trip to Disney (family of four, girls ages 6 and 9) from 11/28 - 12/2, and I got a lot of these choices late in the game.

Sunday (AK):
Boma @ 7:05

Monday (MK):
Crystal Palace @ 10:15
(I went and talked up the breakfast lasagna to the kids, only to learn it's gone??)

Tuesday (Epcot):
Akershus @ 1:25

Wednesday (DHS):
Biergarten @ 12:40

Thursday (Epcot, DHS):
'Ohana @ 9:35
Le Cellier @ 1:25 :dancer:

We're adventurous enough (i'll take authentic German over Applebees any day). Although I like the Thursday destination, kind of wondering if they're too close together. We'll have a car if that matters...

Are any of these times prohibitive to actually riding most of the rides?

Hi there! :wave2: You are going to have such a great time! I am excited for you!

Our family LOVES Crystal Palace for breakfast! There is a great variety of food that is really good for a buffet, especially the puffed french toast & chocolate croissants :love:) The Pooh characters are fun and the restaurant itself is light and pretty.

We had a great experience at O'hana our last trip. Service was great, food was delicious and they have some cute games for the kids. The Poly is a beautiful resort and it was fun to visit.

We love Biergarten also. Great food, fun atmosphere. They seat you at larger tables, so you will probably have to sit with another family. That is the only thing that is kind of a negative for our family, but others love that.

LeCellier is amazing!! We ate there twice on our last trip and all of our food was wonderful both times. The fillet was so delicious that my husband and I both ordered it twice and my DD who ordered the prime rib was sad that she didn't order it. DH and I had lunch there and it was just as good as dinner and less crowded. We shared a bowl of the cheese soup and it was yummy, especially with the pretzel bread.

I haven't been to the others. Have a great trip!!

Biergarten is in Epcot not DHS. Not sure if you have PHs or not...

Yes, sorry, I forgot to mention we're staying onsite and have park hopper tickets. I guess I'll find out soon enough whether using a car or bus makes more sense to get around. Especially to and from some other resorts.

I'm thinking it shouldn't be too difficult to get to Biergarten for lunch that day from DHS, does that sound right? Either by boat or even walking, so long as I'm not trying to cross my family over some major interstate... :laughing:

Hi!! It looks like you've got some great places booked. I'll see if I can help you with some logistics and mentions some of my family's faves.

Sunday (AK):
Boma @ 7:05 great plan! Should be easy to go to Boma after an AK day. I hear the Zebra Domes are fantastic.

Monday (MK):
(I went and talked up the breakfast lasagna to the kids, only to learn it's gone??) You can get a lot of touring done between RD and 10:00, but you may want reschedule this one for an early lunch instead. I have found that 9-11 is golden for riding the big attractions with lower crowds. And the roasted corn spoon bread is delicious!

Tuesday (Epcot):
Akershus @ 1:25 Sounds great!

Wednesday (DHS):
Biergarten @ 12:40 Did you just want to spend a morning at DHS? The parks are pretty close together and you can take a boat over to Epcot, but I avoid park hopping as much as possible. I think it just makes us more tired. Also, you may miss some fun shows at DHS that you might enjoy, which is what we do with our DHS late afternoons or evenings. My family really likes Mama Melrose's at DHS and the atmosphere at Sci Fi is fun.

Thursday (Epcot, DHS):
Le Cellier @ 1:25
Are you staying at the Poly? If not, that is a LOT of travel in one day! I'd stay at DHS on Wed and Epcot on Thurs, unless you are going to Spectro on Thurs night and avoiding crowds at DHS that day.

I hope I haven't confused you too much!

Your ADRs are all at good places. Biergarten is a must do for us every trip, BUT, you need to realize that hopping to eat there mid-day like that is going to take a huge chunk of time out of your DHS day, and if you are planning to see a lot of the shows at DHS is going to make that day very difficult for you. It will likely take you an hour to get from DHS to Biergarten and an hour to get back, plus an hour or hour and a half to eat there. There is a boat. The boat ride itself is about 20 minutes, but that doesn't count walking out to the boat and waiting for the boat. Then, once you get to Epcot, it is going to be a pretty good hike from the International gateway to Biergarten. Looks like you prefer lunches to dinner like we do, but unless you are trying to catch Fantasmic at DHS, I would probably move Biergarten to dinner and then spend the day at DHS and move over to Epcot for dinner and maybe an after dinner ride or two.

Hi!! It looks like you've got some great places booked. I'll see if I can help you with some logistics and mentions some of my family's faves.

Sunday (AK):
Boma @ 7:05 great plan! Should be easy to go to Boma after an AK day. I hear the Zebra Domes are fantastic.

Monday (MK):
(I went and talked up the breakfast lasagna to the kids, only to learn it's gone??) You can get a lot of touring done between RD and 10:00, but you may want reschedule this one for an early lunch instead. I have found that 9-11 is golden for riding the big attractions with lower crowds. And the roasted corn spoon bread is delicious!

Tuesday (Epcot):
Akershus @ 1:25 Sounds great!

Wednesday (DHS):
Biergarten @ 12:40 Did you just want to spend a morning at DHS? The parks are pretty close together and you can take a boat over to Epcot, but I avoid park hopping as much as possible. I think it just makes us more tired. Also, you may miss some fun shows at DHS that you might enjoy, which is what we do with our DHS late afternoons or evenings. My family really likes Mama Melrose's at DHS and the atmosphere at Sci Fi is fun.

Thursday (Epcot, DHS):
Le Cellier @ 1:25
Are you staying at the Poly? If not, that is a LOT of travel in one day! I'd stay at DHS on Wed and Epcot on Thurs, unless you are going to Spectro on Thurs night and avoiding crowds at DHS that day.

I hope I haven't confused you too much!

Very good advice here: I agree with everything!
But: for Thursday: I suppose you mean Fantasmic, not spectro?

Either way: I'd pick Epcot 1 day, and DHS the other, instead of going from one to the other. I don't think what you'd save in avoiding crowds is worth the tme going back and forth. This is especially true the dates you are going: the parks will NOT be crowded at all, in fact they'll probably be pretty empty (with the possible exception of AK on Sunday). So, you won't have to park hop to avoid crowds.

I'd try to change the time of the Crystal Palace ADR. If your kids are anything like mine, they will not want to quit the rides only an hour after the park opens. Also, like another poster stated, morning is the prime time for riding/collecting fastpasses before the crowds really roll in.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter