Check-in Questions (DLR)

Kelso

Earning My Ears
Hello!

I'm new to the boards, and I've looked around for this info but haven't found it so I hope I'm not being redundant! Just a couple questions about check-in for Disneyland CP:

1.) Is there a place for my parents to park during check-in? I'm not bringing my car, but they are driving me with my things and we aren't staying in a hotel, so I'm just wondering if there's an acceptable parking area for them while I check in? I know it's sort of a lengthy process.

2.) Emails have said we need to be within Disney Look Guidelines for hair, make-up, nails, etc. I'm just wondering if this includes clothing on check-in day? I know it seems silly, but I don't want to be over- or underdressed!

If anyone can answer these, that would be so great! Thanks!

What day do you check in? I'm going up this Sunday (the 10th). From what others have told me about dress, they said as long as you are within the "look," clothing doesn't really matter, but you should still look put together.

What I plan on doing is wearing lounge pants for the ride up, then change when I get there. I'll probably throw on black pants and a nice shirt for check in. I would rather be overdressed than underdressed.

As for parking, what I've found is that there is a pay parking lot. I don't know how much it is, though. There might be free or guest parking around the area, but that's probably going to be full unless you're there early. Supposedly, there are things to do around the area so they aren't just sitting around waiting for the check in process to be completed.

Thanks KBelle!

I'm so weirdly nervous and I think it's because I'm not sure what to expect. It's nice to hear from someone in the same boat! I'm checking in this Sunday (the 10th) also so maybe I'll see you there! I'm ridiculously excited :dance3:

Oh and P.S. Love your avatar! Belle is the best princess by far.

Belle is the best! That's part of why my username has Belle in it, lol. I'm nervous too, I think mostly because I'm afraid that I won't get a good roommate/s and I won't make friends, but I know there's going to be a ton of great people there, so I don't know why I'm worried!

Hopefully I'll see you on Sunday! :cool1:

Thanks for the heads up, Cursed! I'll be sure to check that out. Are you a Yankee fan?!?! If so: awesome! My family's from New York and we're all pretty nuts about baseball. We've been driving down to Angels-Yankees games in Anaheim since I was barely walking, and I'm definitely planning to hit some up come springtime!

And KBelle, I really don't think we need to worry much about roomies. We're all like-minded in that we all think seven months working at Disneyland sounds like the coolest thing ever! That alone says a lot. Some of the best roommate experiences I've had have been with strangers that were thrown together at the last minute. It's all what you make of it :)

Only three more days!!

*twitch* I'm a Mets fan. Yankees are a no-go area for me. I would like to see an Angels game. Preferably against the Rays.

I check in next week but I've been "connected" with my roommate. He's certainly interesting.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter