Check-In Question for first timer

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by timfromjersey, Jun 18, 2013.

1. timfromjersey

timfromjersey Earning My Ears

Hello!

My family is taking our first WDW vacation this August (well, I was there 35 years ago), and was wondering if the whole party should go inside to be there at check-in.

I've done a good bit of research into layout & transportation so I think we would be OK & not have too many questions, however the kids know nothing (shhh...it's a surprise).

The kids are 14, 12, 10, so they 'understand stuff'. Is anything presented/discussed that they shouldn't miss? Otherwise I can just run over to the desk & they can stretch their legs.

Thanks!
    Tim

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. katrina1122

katrina1122 My Tag Fairy Tag went bye-bye :(

You can do it either way. Sometimes they will have First Time Visit Buttons in your checkin packet if you marked that on your ressie, so the kids could get them then. Also some resorts give out things sometimes for the resort.

Some things DH and I have gotten and/or we've seen people get:
    POFQ: Mardis Gras beads and wishing coins for the fountain
    Poly: leis
    AKV: princess crowns/sword for birthday kids
    All of them: celebration buttons

There's no gaurantee, but it does happen.

If there's a long line, there is always a sitting area with tv right near by so they could hang there and you could call them up when it's your turn at the desk.

4. disnut8

disnut8 DIS Veteran

That's what I would suggest - if the kids want to do it. They are older so they might also want to check out the gift shop or the arcade as well. But you won't know until you get there so play it by ear. They might be all excited and want to wait.

5. WisconsinDad

WisconsinDad Mouseketeer

Where are you staying if you don't mind me asking? Many of the resorts' lobbies are quite stunning. The first trip I took my family on to disney we stayed at CSR and my kids enjoyed just looking around the lobby.

6. SpaceMtMan

SpaceMtMan Mouseketeer

Agreed.

Anyways, either way should work

7. timfromjersey

timfromjersey Earning My Ears

Sounds like nothing essential will be missed, so I'll leave them to decide, that's great!

Port Orleans Riverside is our resort.

Thanks!