Check-in Procedure for Non-US Guests on DCL buses from MCO to Port

AngelDisney

Dream a Disney Dream 0[;)
Hi All,

I am going on Dream (August 28) after the new port terminal opening time is in effect. I will be using DCL bus transfer to get my family from MCO to the port. I just came across a thread mentioning that non-US citizens cannot check in for the cruise at the DCL bus counters (MCO). I would like some experienced non-US guests to advise on the following:

1. Is it true that non-US guests cannot check in for the cruise at the MCO DCL bus counters?

2. If we cannot check-in for the cruise at MCO, can we still check our luggage at MCO, or do we have to bring it along on the bus to get picked up later by the porters at the port once we arrive?

3. If DCL transfer guests arrive at the terminal from an entrance different from the front, do non-US guests get directed to go line-up at the front or do they check in at terminal counters via the separate entrance?

I have already checked in online with 10:30 - 11:00 am arrival time, so I should not be directed to wait outside. I assume we should get to the port around 11 am. However, if I have luggage with me, I am not sure whether I need to go through the front chaos before I can take pictures for my KTTW card and stuff.

Any info would help a lot. Thanks in advance!

We never used Disney Transport so I can´t comment on that,but if you have to check-in at the Terminal,it´s easy for Non-US Travelllers.They have special counters to the far left side,almost no lines.We always use them even so we are Castaway Club.
As for the luggage,you get tag with your documents,so I think they will handle that part for you.Don´t worry,there is always someone to ask right there.
Conny

Greetings from another Canadian traveler! We're on the same cruise:)

:goodvibes Greetings!

I noticed that you were on a Disney cruise recently last year. Do you know anything about DCL transfer check-in at MCO? Last time I went was in 2004. I got to the port by DCL transfer from the resort not MCO.
:confused3

yes that is true you can not check in at MCO DCL bus counters you check in at port canaveral there is a lin for non us citizens it is really fast

2 yes you can leave your suite cases with the magical express counter and they will take it to the cruise for you

3 every one enters the terminal from the same entrence on the front side there is a metal scanner you have to go through

the check in arrival time is not that big of a deal when showed up 2 hours be for our arrival time and there were no problems

:goodvibes Greetings!

I noticed that you were on a Disney cruise recently last year. Do you know anything about DCL transfer check-in at MCO? Last time I went was in 2004. I got to the port by DCL transfer from the resort not MCO.
:confused3

Sadly not- we rented a car last year, so I'm as much in the dark as you are! I did ask a similar question earlier this year, and was told that we couldn't check in at MCO, but that we would get our boarding number when we got on the bus? Check in at port was very quick last year, most of the passengers were American citizens, so the line for non-US citizens was much shorter.

Hi! Can't answer your question but we are on the same sailing, just wanted to say hi!

3 every one enters the terminal from the same entrence on the front side there is a metal scanner you have to go through

This is not true. There are two entrances to the DCL terminal and two security check in lines.

If facing the front of the DCL terminal there is an entrance on the right and the left. The right entrance is closer to the bus bays and that is where the DCL bus transfer guests enter. The left entrance is where the rest of the guests enter after they pass through the gate where the podium is.

Things may change come August 2nd but this was the way it has been.

MJ

This is not true. There are two entrances to the DCL terminal and two security check in lines.

If facing the front of the DCL terminal there is an entrance on the right and the left. The right entrance is closer to the bus bays and that is where the DCL bus transfer guests enter. The left entrance is where the rest of the guests enter after they pass through the gate where the podium is.

Things may change come August 2nd but this was the way it has been.

MJ

From my research, there seems to be two separate entrances, one for DCL buses and one for others by private cars or non-DCL shuttles or towncar services. I do not mind going through the non-US check-in at the port, but going through that chaotic line-up outside the terminal can be a nightmare :scared1:. Thanks for the assurance! I can visualize what's going to happen on that day. With flexibility and an open-mind expecting the unexpected, I am sure we will all have a magical time once we are onboard the Disney Dream.

Cheers with pixie dusts...

the check in arrival time is not that big of a deal when showed up 2 hours be for our arrival time and there were no problems

Starting on 8/2/11 it will be a big deal when your port arrival time is. You might want to check out the thread discussing that and see what is posted here about how it is enforced before your cruise next year.

yes that is true you can not check in at MCO DCL bus counters you check in at port canaveral there is a lin for non us citizens it is really fast

2 yes you can leave your suite cases with the magical express counter and they will take it to the cruise for you

Tried to use the Non US line in March and I was told Canadians had to go in the Normal line, the non US line was only for Non North Americans.

Could have just been that cruise as it was Spring Break and over 30% of the passengers were from Ontario.

Tried to use the Non US line in March and I was told Canadians had to go in the Normal line, the non US line was only for Non North Americans.

Could have just been that cruise as it was Spring Break and over 30% of the passengers were from Ontario.

I do not mind lining up inside the terminal. I am well-trained with all the waits I have been through at WDW. I can use either non-US (if this is allowed) or Castaway Club counters. However, I would truly not want to go through the line outside, especially with all the uncertainty associated with the new port terminal opening time. I can foresee the frustration of those guests who arrive before their arrival times and are asked to wait outside the terminal. I would want to avoid those chaotic moments but still be able to start enjoying my cruise vacation as early as possible.

Thanks for sharing your experience! I will keep that in mind.

That was our experience at the end of August last year (and again 30%+ of the passengers were Canadian as well). It was our first cruise and the transfer from WL was so easy we are repeating the experience this summer.

I am glad that us Canadians are in the US line-up. 3 of my family have Canadian passports and green cards, but my youngest was born in the States so has an American passport. I was wondering how this was all going to work...

K in SA

Just returned from our double dip...I can vouch that the line for CC members was the longest by far! The others has quite a few less people in them. Enjoy!

That was our experience at the end of August last year (and again 30%+ of the passengers were Canadian as well). It was our first cruise and the transfer from WL was so easy we are repeating the experience this summer.

Have a magical time!pixiedust:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter