Check in date before payment due??

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by Disneyof3, Nov 20, 2012.

1. Disneyof3

Disneyof3 <font color=deeppink>Mother of my 3 angels, heaven

:confused3

Little confused about this. We are on the March 10 2013 cruise "Dream". My check in date is December 10 2012 but my final payment isn't due until December 25 2012. How can I check in if my payment isn't fully payed??? Last year my check in was after my final payment so no issues.

Also if I sign us up for a excursion and then find out 1 month before going we have to cancel, can you do that without a penalty. If I'm not mistaken the money doesn't get removed from my visa until the day of the excursion from Disney. The reason is my DH has been off for 14 weeks without work, he was in a head on collison and then got hit from behind. Last week was his 1st week back to work. Surgery might be in the near future now too, so another 6-8 weeks off.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. erionm

erionm DIS Veteran

Because you have now sailed with DCL once, you are a Silver Castaway member and you can begin your on-line check-in process 15 days prior to those that have never sailed with DCL before. There is one catch, you have to be paid in full before the DCL website will let you begin the on-line check-in process or book excursions.

4. ukintheus

ukintheus DIS Veteran

PP has answered the first part of your question. :) You can cancel your excursions without penalty if you have to up to 3 days prior to sailing. Hope your DH recovers soon and hopefully without surgery. :goodvibes

5. Goofy559

Goofy559 Cruise Junkie

You must be paid in full to book excursions, however you do not need to be paid in full to check in online.

6. MAJPLO

MAJPLO DIS Veteran

So you may check in earlier if you want to but you'd have to pay earlier as well? What's the benefit to an earlier online check in?

7. MAJPLO

MAJPLO DIS Veteran

OP I hope for the speediest recovery for your DH. Good thoughts of health and safety to you and your family!!!!

8. sissy_ib

sissy_ib DIS Veteran

Getting an earlier port check in time is important to some people. Also it is really the early booking benefit for excursions and on-board experiences.

9. Disneyof3

Disneyof3 <font color=deeppink>Mother of my 3 angels, heaven

:thumbsup2

Thanks everyone for the well wishes. I'm lucky as per the OPP that he is alive, he really should be gone. So I guess I will likely pay ahead of schedule to get early onto the ship. Last year we were 8 and took advantage of the pool area and ship with hardly anyone on it for pictures and we were the first on the aquaduck. Thanks again

10. RedxPanda

RedxPanda DIS Veteran

Yup, I happened upon this as well. Checked in and grabbed my port time before being fully paid.