Cheaptickets promo question

mamattorney

Mouseketeer
We stayed at RPR last June and would like to do so again. Last year we used a cheaptickets promo to save a substantial amount of money. I'm on their email list, but so far, all the promo codes are only valid through 3/31/16. Does anyone know when they will switch to June 30th? I thought November, but maybe December?

I don't know when they'll release, but we also used a code last June for big savings. Unfortunately the fine print on those offers now says a $150 max savings per reservation.

Last edited:
Do these promo codes work during the Christmas holidays and if so how do we get them?? This is our first time doing Universal but the prices are killing me!! Being Canadian we have to add another 35%!!

You can give it a go and see. Book through cheaptickets.com. Most recent promo codes, I've received are 20% off two or more nights (CHEAPSTER) and 22% off 1 or more nights (SWEETCHEAP), both limited to $150 max savings and the 22% one was limited to the first 200 bookings, not sure if it's still valid.

If you put yourself on the email list, you'll get promo codes all the time.

I just received a new 20% off email and it looks like the maximum savings has been bumped up to $500. It might be worth canceling and rebooking reservations at the new max.

Everything is still only valid through 3/31/16. I thought for sure when December came, they would extend to 6/30/16. Oh well, I'll just watch and wait.

This week's promo valid through 6/30/16 - hooray! Capped at $150, that's OK, because we're only staying one night. Many codes require 2 night stays; this one does not so I booked a night at RPR saving $68 over rack rate.

How/where do I sign up to get the promo codes?

EDIT: Nevermind - googled it. Sorry - too early, haven't had my coffee yet.

I was going to book an onsite universal hotel on cheaptickets until I googled reviews on them. Tons of negative reviews. Is this site really legit? Has anyone here had an issues with them?

I was going to book an onsite universal hotel on cheaptickets until I googled reviews on them. Tons of negative reviews. Is this site really legit? Has anyone here had an issues with them?

I have used them several times and had no problems. We booked thru them last summer for our stay at Cabana Bay. I have even cancelled and rebooked when a better promo came out. The only problem seems to be a glitch in the system when adding kids to your stay. We just book for 2 people and then when we check in we add our kids.
I just booked a 1-day stay with today's 25%off code so we can drive up a d ay early for our trip in February. The 25% code "Snowy25" is good for the 1st 100 bookings today and there is not the usual $150 max savings attached to it.

Thanks for this thread! I just booked RPR with free cancellation and saved $83 from my previous reservation booked directly through Loews. I just made it for DH and I and will add DS when we check in. There won't be any issue with that, right?

Thanks for this thread! I just booked RPR with free cancellation and saved $83 from my previous reservation booked directly through Loews. I just made it for DH and I and will add DS when we check in. There won't be any issue with that, right?

Glad it helped you save some money! And there is no issue adding the kids onto the reservation when you get there. I was worried about that myself last year and even called the hotel to ask. The assured me it was no problem - and it wasn't!

if you book thru cheap tickets is it an actual RPR (or whatever hotel) reservation that you can call the hotel to add the kids or is it held by cheaptickets and transferred over a few days before your stay? I am also assuming cheap tickets hits your credit card for the fill amount and should you cancel they will do a card refund?

if you book thru cheap tickets is it an actual RPR (or whatever hotel) reservation that you can call the hotel to add the kids or is it held by cheaptickets and transferred over a few days before your stay? I am also assuming cheap tickets hits your credit card for the fill amount and should you cancel they will do a card refund?

It is considered a travel agent reservation - the hotel can see it but cannot alter it. That's why you have to add the kids at check in. And I believe they do charge your card for the full amount and they definitely will refund it if you cancel. I did a refund earlier this month (booked with a 20% off promo code; cancelled and rebooked with a 25% off promo code) and the refund was processed the same day on my credit card statement.

booked via cheaptickets with promocode "CHEAPIE20" valid for the next 4 days with travel done by the end of june. $665 all in for two nights at RPR. The cheaptickets reservation also gave me a hotel confirmation number.

Cheaptickets charges immediately. Whenever I did RPR through them I emailed the hotel after receiving a confirmation number and the added my child onto the reservation, no problem.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter